Sponsored

Anyone actually in D1 for their 2.0L Turbo yet?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Ugh, this is awful news.

I'm also a 2.0T with LED group. Supposed D1 status with build date ("ship") of 4/9 (or 4/10, I can't remember) the last time I checked. I thought we were finally through the shortages when the soft tops came in.

Talking with Jeep Chat right now - and they're saying....
  1. I am still in D1, but cannot see the ship date (they couldn't last time, either - only dealer had that, for some reason)
  2. The soft tops are in
  3. They're "waiting to hear on the material status for the LED Lighting group"
  4. "D1 means that all of your parts have basically been "claimed" for your order so I do not know how the plant is handling this but I would not anticipate an issue."
That's all the info I have, for now - hopefully the LEDs pull through for us all!
I was basically told the same thing just now 1-2 weeks for Led lights on my 2.0 Rubicon
Sponsored

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ugh, this is awful news.

I'm also a 2.0T with LED group. Supposed D1 status with build date ("ship") of 4/9 (or 4/10, I can't remember) the last time I checked. I thought we were finally through the shortages when the soft tops came in.

Talking with Jeep Chat right now - and they're saying....
  1. I am still in D1, but cannot see the ship date (they couldn't last time, either - only dealer had that, for some reason)
  2. The soft tops are in
  3. They're "waiting to hear on the material status for the LED Lighting group"
  4. "D1 means that all of your parts have basically been "claimed" for your order so I do not know how the plant is handling this but I would not anticipate an issue."
That's all the info I have, for now - hopefully the LEDs pull through for us all!
Wow I ordered a 2.0 rubicon with LEDs last week. Haven’t been assigned a VIN yet. Guess I’m in trouble...thoughts?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I was basically told the same thing just now 1-2 weeks for Led lights on my 2.0 Rubicon
Ah man that's no good. We're both 2.0Ts but you're a Rubi vs my Sahara and I remember that your order was in before mine... so if you're getting bumped, I'm sure I am too.

What's odd is the Jeep Chat girl isn't mentioning that - just saying there is a shortage but my parts are reserved and she's not sure how they're handling that. I guess we've found out from your experience that they're taking our LEDs and giving them to non 2.0T builds, most likely :(

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Wow I ordered a 2.0 rubicon with LEDs last week. Haven’t been assigned a VIN yet. Guess I’m in trouble...thoughts?
Expect to wait 8 - 10 weeks I’m going on 7 now

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
One last tidbit - Jeep Chat just said the standard time in D1 is 30 days and this is day 26, so she's optimistic that my build starts soon, though she wouldn't commit to me having (keeping!) those LEDs :)

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Ah man that's no good. We're both 2.0Ts but you're a Rubi vs my Sahara and I remember that your order was in before mine... so if you're getting bumped, I'm sure I am too.

What's odd is the Jeep Chat girl isn't mentioning that - just saying there is a shortage but my parts are reserved and she's not sure how they're handling that. I guess we've found out from your experience that they're taking our LEDs and giving them to non 2.0T builds, most likely :(
I don’t know possibly

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
One last tidbit - Jeep Chat just said the standard time in D1 is 30 days and this is day 26, so she's optimistic that my build starts soon, though she wouldn't commit to me having (keeping!) those LEDs :)
I went D1 on feb 28

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Dear Customer:

Case #: ????????

VIN:

Vehicle Description:

Hello Anthony, As per our conversation on 03/29/2018 I have received the following information: ** Consumers vehicle was ordered with the LED Lighting Group which is currently on a material restriction. At this time there is no ETA on when vehicles ordered with this option will begin production. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April for an update. ** Hopefully this answers your question! If you have any additional questions or concerns please chat with us again or contact us at 1-800-992-1997. Thank you, Amber FCA Customer care

Note: This is a system generated message. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,
AMBER
Customer Assistance Center

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Dear Customer:

Case #: ????????

VIN:

Vehicle Description:

Hello Anthony, As per our conversation on 03/29/2018 I have received the following information: ** Consumers vehicle was ordered with the LED Lighting Group which is currently on a material restriction. At this time there is no ETA on when vehicles ordered with this option will begin production. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April for an update. ** Hopefully this answers your question! If you have any additional questions or concerns please chat with us again or contact us at 1-800-992-1997. Thank you, Amber FCA Customer care

Note: This is a system generated message. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,
AMBER
Customer Assistance Center
I talked to Amber too,said to check back in 1-2 weeks so pretty much in line with what she told you

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I talked to Amber too,said to check back in 1-2 weeks so pretty much in line with what she told you
Supposedly the same girl who just told me to be optimistic because I'm close to the 30 day period. LOL. Makes no sense.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Supposedly the same girl who just told me to be optimistic because I'm close to the 30 day period. LOL. Makes no sense.
Yep , I don’t think they have any idea either

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
This is my 1st Jeep and it seems as though it'll never be done. I've been waiting since last August once I found out about JL revision and then Turbos...just disappointed in the process
Sponsored