DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell ya your dealership should have provided a loaner or sprung for a rental. It's THEIR job to take care of the customer and later collect from FCA. Your dealership and FCA both have done a disservice to a customer with a vehicle under warranty.
Yes, good point. That should be a given.

OP, I'd go back and tell them you need a loaner. My dealership gave me a Gladiator Mojave for 4 days when they did the steering gear update, which only took a few hours. No reason they can't give you a loaner or at least rent a car for you.

Be sure to send @JeepCares a PM with your VIN. They will jump start things for you and get the ball rolling. They might even help in getting the dealership to give you a loaner.
Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you reached out to any of those places and actually confirmed stock, then I wouldn’t guess they have them either. Pretty much all the Mopar parts sites will show the part on their site, but unless it’s something common that they normally stock, they have to order it just like the dealer where the Jeep currently is.
Agreed. I work in the auto repair industry. Once you purchase online it's going to backorder immediately.

Katemc6

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Might I ask what the steering issue was?
I have a 2018 JL. Long story short, I went to drive one day and my steering wheel was totally locked up. I couldn’t turn it at all. It took a ton of force to break it free. After doing some research on here and in some of the Facebook groups, I found that I wasn’t the only one out there with this steering locking issue. It was intermittent. The dealer couldn’t get it to duplicate but Jeep Cares was aware of the issue. The fix was the 2021 steering box. So far no issues.

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2.0 turbo
What did Jeep Cares say?
What did Jeep Cares say?
On September 24th Jeep Care opened a case #77308456. Ever since that initial opening of the case I have been receiving emails from my Jeep Case Manager with new ETA’s for the turbo and no actual results. The last conversation I had with them ended in the conclusion that they have no new ETA date with no further solutions. I then contacted my dealership which then gave me a new ETA of December 23rd.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have searched all over the internet for a new turbo and have not had any luck. I reached out to the customer service of this website you provided a week ago and they don’t actually have it in stock at the moment. They told me that even if i place my order they do not have an estimated time of restock. They did help me find two brand new Turbo’s in a Jeep Dealership in Anchorage, Alaska and one in Albuqerque, New Mexico. I then went on to provide this information to my Jeep Dealership hoping they can get ahold of one of these turbos. To my dissapointment, both the Jeep Dealership in Alaska and in New Mexico refused to sell the turbo to us because they want to save it for their own customers. Thank you, I appreciate your support!

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go rent a car, start billing them for every day you have it. Contact an attorney, lawyer up and threaten legal action. This type of customer service isn't acceptable but they'll continue to do nothing until you show you mean business.

Or just order the turbo if it's available (new, not used), give it your service department, and bill them for the part.
I already tried and they refused to give me a loaner due to the fact that they knew how long this process would take and it was not in their convenience. Rental cars are unfortunately only up to 7 days. My wife and I have been sharing a car at the moment and It’s been very inconvenient and hard to manage.

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go rent a car, start billing them for every day you have it. Contact an attorney, lawyer up and threaten legal action. This type of customer service isn't acceptable but they'll continue to do nothing until you show you mean business.

Or just order the turbo if it's available (new, not used), give it your service department, and bill them for the part.
I have contacted several lawyers who have all told me that this case doesn’t qualify for lemon law because my Jeep has 46,000 miles on it. Washington lemon is 24 months which is okay but it’s also 30,000 miles which makes my case not apply.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act requires manufacturers to make available warrantied parts during the term of a warranty. If such parts cannot be made available I am quite sure there are remedies. This may not be a State lemon law issue but rather a breach of performance under federal law. Your situation is so wrong....I’m sorry. They should fix it or buy it back...8 weeks is a stupid amount of time to replace a common part.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act requires manufacturers to make available warrantied parts during the term of a warranty. If such parts cannot be made available I am quite sure there are remedies. This may not be a State lemon law issue but rather a breach of performance under federal law. Your situation is so wrong....I’m sorry. They should fix it or buy it back...8 weeks is a stupid amount of time to replace a common part.
Except, it's not a common part, obviously.

Sponsored

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Common may be the wrong word; the turbo is on EVERY 2.0 engine, so it's not some elusive part to find. As you stated in your original post, it sounds like the dealership is being a cheapass. I was just reading a post here about someone who had to have their entire engine replaced and it took like a month to do so.

Personally, I'm not one to shy away from confrontation, so I'd be calling literally everyone I could think of to get some movement on this issue. Hell, go to the dealership in person and literally start screaming at the top of your lungs. I bet if you scared away a single potential customer from the showroom they'd fix it ASAP.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. 🤣

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a couple of minutes ago I received а call from Jeep Care with the idea to install an after-market turbo at the possible cost of my warranty with no other solutions. I would've been able to fix my own car in less then one day if this is the option i was looking for but i am not willing to pay the price for their lack of support. Honoring their end of the warranty is a principal that they need to uphold and they should take care of their customers who pay for this service and dedication. On ebay there is an original used turbo available that i could’ve purchased if i was willing to sacrifice my warranty. I have only been given two options 1.) Fix the car myself (its an easy fix) and lose the warranty or 2.) Post about my situation all over forums and social media with the hope to catch the attention of someone from FCA.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Common may be the wrong word; the turbo is on EVERY 2.0 engine, so it's not some elusive part to find. As you stated in your original post, it sounds like the dealership is being a cheapass. I was just reading a post here about someone who had to have their entire engine replaced and it took like a month to do so.

Personally, I'm not one to shy away from confrontation, so I'd be calling literally everyone I could think of to get some movement on this issue. Hell, go to the dealership in person and literally start screaming at the top of your lungs. I bet if you scared away a single potential customer from the showroom they'd fix it ASAP.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. 🤣
Two guys were doing this when I was picking up my rig. It went on for about 15 minutes then two cops showed up and arrested them. Refusing to leave private property is trespassing.

Everyone clapped when the cops walked them out. I'd imagine their plan sounded good in their head but didn't go as planned.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you addressed this idea but what about the dealer you have been working with simply taking a turbo off a Jeep on their lot and then replacing that one when one becomes available?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Doesn’t matter if it’s common or not....that’s not the point! FCA is not performing as required by the Act. The problem is OP would need to hire a lawyer...which would be expensive with unknown outcomes. I would certainly research as nothing else is working....
Sponsored