Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Ecodiesel, 2023 JL 2.0L, 2019 Duramax
Oh cool, This is good to hear. Can you provide dates for when the new Maggie tune was released, or other identifiers so folks like myself (also 6 speed) might determine if they have the old or new tune? My SC went on in late September.
I don't have dates however you're probably running the calibration I had previously. My PCM came back from unlock/tune on 10/9.
Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I don't have dates however you're probably running the calibration I had previously. My PCM came back from unlock/tune on 10/9.
Thanks, in that case yeah I’m probably running old. Do you need to send it off again for the new tune? Also, any thoughts, from your convo with them, as to whether we’ll be seeing multiple tunes a year ...or if this tune was more about resolving known issues and apparent need. I’m curious if we’ll keep seeing new tunes and regular refinement, or if this is as good as it will get.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
so first off let me just say that Magnuson as a company is awesome.

i got in touch with support, pulled my existing tune file, emailed, got new file back, flashed my rig and holy shit, she feels so much better. forget the lazy throttle, fixed. low end torque, lots more of it. I am so happy with this new tune so far. drove 50 miles on the new tune and for the first time since throwing on my 37s, did not have to downshift to 4th gear.

i also put it on the DYNO! ;-)
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 6D64D63F-8C62-434C-8DE9-364EB311CB1D_1_105_c

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 5E0D5309-C51F-4F2F-9642-B1E9D7B58549_1_105_c

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 67BF84FD-3FEB-40FF-8AB7-DF32CAC85C14_1_105_c

now I have 4.88 gears on order, front and rear Baer brakes and a Borla ProXS Muffler on order.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Alex

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

i got in touch with support, pulled my existing tune file, emailed, got new file back, flashed my rig and holy shit, she feels so much better. forget the lazy throttle, fixed. low end torque, lots more of it. I am so happy with this new tune so far. drove 50 miles on the new tune and for the first time since throwing on my 37s, did not have to downshift to 4th gear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 67BF84FD-3FEB-40FF-8AB7-DF32CAC85C14_1_105_c

now I have 4.88 gears on order, front and rear Baer brakes and a Borla ProXS Muffler on order.

Alex
I look forward to hearing how you like it with the 4.88’s. I have 4.88’s and 37’s and I am very interested in this supercharger.

jimbobbeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Alex
If you haven't pulled the trigger on the Baer Brakes, they go on sale Thursday for 10% off and free shipping. I'm buying first thing Thursday to go with the backordered Edelbrock supercharger.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven't pulled the trigger on the Baer Brakes, they go on sale Thursday for 10% off and free shipping. I'm buying first thing Thursday to go with the backordered Edelbrock supercharger.
How did you decide on the Edelbrock over the Magnuson? I assume you felt more comfortable with the smaller displacement? Not sure which direction I’ll go yet. The hemi thing is a new wrinkle, but aside from the engine in it, I’m not loving how they’ve packaged it.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Alex

So what were the hp/tq numbers?

jimbobbeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How did you decide on the Edelbrock over the Magnuson? I assume you felt more comfortable with the smaller displacement? Not sure which direction I’ll go yet. The hemi thing is a new wrinkle, but aside from the engine in it, I’m not loving how they’ve packaged it.
First, I'm comfortable with Edelbrock products. I've used them since the '70s. The smaller more conservative Edelbrock supercharger will be easier on the automatic transmission over the long term. With that said, I live above 5000 ft and most of the off-road use will be at 8000+ ft. So I may put on a slightly smaller pulley to compensate for altitude.

When I first heard the 392 was a reality I thought I had to have it. I've cooled to that idea. A 2021 V-6 Rubicon with the "standard" 392 equipment is $60,500. Add the cost of the V-8 and who knows where you'll be price-wise. And that's with 33s as standard equipment. I ordered my Rubicon the way I wanted it and paid about $45,500 after a $5000 discount. Initially, discounts on 392s will few and far between. I may revisit the idea in a couple of years when the 392 is just another Wrangler.

Last edited:

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So wrapped up my 4.88 gear swap this weekend. I hope to god I never have to do diff gears ever again. I'd rather pull my own teeth out. with that out of the way, I must say, I like the feeling of having 5th and 6th gears back on the highway. I like that 2nd gear doesn't run till 40MPH anymore and the rig definitely drives with more manners on the road (probably all in my head but whatever).

I'm also running the new Magnuson Tune of which I have some issues with. I've spent some time trying to work out the kinks but I think the throttle is now WAY to sensitive. It feels like WOT when it should be 10% on take off if you arent careful. I also notice tons of torque management in low RPM situations (anything under 2100 RPMs and especially going uphill). Might start a dialog to see if anything can be done with it.

With all of that said, I'm being overly critical because the JL runs really really good and so these things really stand out.

Sponsored

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So wrapped up my 4.88 gear swap this weekend. I hope to god I never have to do diff gears ever again. I'd rather pull my own teeth out. with that out of the way, I must say, I like the feeling of having 5th and 6th gears back on the highway. I like that 2nd gear doesn't run till 40MPH anymore and the rig definitely drives with more manners on the road (probably all in my head but whatever).

I'm also running the new Magnuson Tune of which I have some issues with. I've spent some time trying to work out the kinks but I think the throttle is now WAY to sensitive. It feels like WOT when it should be 10% on take off if you arent careful. I also notice tons of torque management in low RPM situations (anything under 2100 RPMs and especially going uphill). Might start a dialog to see if anything can be done with it.

With all of that said, I'm being overly critical because the JL runs really really good and so these things really stand out.
What are you noticing when the torque management kicks in? I've been running their new tune for a month now and think it's a huge improvement over the first one I received. I had tweaked the throttle control on the first tune quite a bit. So far no adjustments to this one.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What are you noticing when the torque management kicks in? I've been running their new tune for a month now and think it's a huge improvement over the first one I received. I had tweaked the throttle control on the first tune quite a bit. So far no adjustments to this one.
No throttle input at all. There is no acceleration and in fact, pressing the gas pedal does nothing. I live in Westchester, NY where there is nothing but hills. I'm hitting this little inconvenience quite a bit.

The new tune is a huge improvement, just feels like there was no middle ground. Throttle input went from 0 to 100 while torque management also went from 0 (not much of) to 100 (downshift or slow down)

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
When you say "tweaked the throttle control", do you mean in the Magnuson tune itself? Or with another tuner or throttle control product?

Thanks!

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say "tweaked the throttle control", do you mean in the Magnuson tune itself? Or with another tuner or throttle control product?

Thanks!
I was adjusting the tune from Magnuson with HP Tuners.

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No throttle input at all. There is no acceleration and in fact, pressing the gas pedal does nothing. I live in Westchester, NY where there is nothing but hills. I'm hitting this little inconvenience quite a bit.

The new tune is a huge improvement, just feels like there was no middle ground. Throttle input went from 0 to 100 while torque management also went from 0 (not much of) to 100 (downshift or slow down)
I think I've noticed the same on mine when the cruise has been set. It'll slowly lose speed and then go into boost to try to catch up. I'll have to log it and see if it's torque management.
Sponsored