Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I have been wondering if the unlock was an actual physical modification to the PCM versus software. Thanks for clearing that up. One question on buying a second new PCM, is the vehicle mileage built into the vehicle or will each PCM show a different mileage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
One question on buying a second new PCM, is the vehicle mileage built into the vehicle or will each PCM show a different mileage?
That's housed within a separate module, so there is no interruption there.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
paq_jeep_18-20_wrangler-jl_20l_hero_2400_x_800-jpg.jpg

Finally, the performance flash tuning you’ve been begging for! Superchips Flashpaq (P/N 3876-JL) now supports 2018-2020 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL. The 2.0L turbocharged engine has been a great new option for Wrangler JL owners, offering good fuel mileage and great torque. But aftermarket support for the platform has been limited, until now! Drivability of the 2.0L engine and 8-speed automatic transmission has been great, but of course, our calibration team was able to make it even better with our all-new Flashpaq tuning.

Features:
  • 25hp/20tq Peak Gains
  • 65hp/90tq Max Gains
  • Improved Transmission Shift Strategies
  • Broader Power and Torque Curves
  • Increased Low RPM Performance
  • Better Throttle Response and Turbo Spool-up
  • 87 Octane, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, Crawl Tune
  • PCM Swap Required
Learn more on our website

More info:

This is a big launch and we have quite a few different places to share this info, so forgive us as we try and get as much information shared everywhere we can. We have created some other videos and the data to back it up, just a matter of getting it shared.

chart.JPG

Here is our before/after dyno charts, as you can see with the tuning the powerband comes on MUCH sooner and our max gains at say 3000rpm are way up there. These results are at the tire, as we test on our in-house chassis dyno's.

Please checkout our website to get more specific details, you can also see our youtube channel

What RPM is the stock stall converter flashing or is the converter able to lock up around 1500 rpm? The gain there is substantial but for off roading, is the throttle and possible boost manageable to keep traction?

Wobblenuts

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Lockheed Martin Space
There should be no intereference running this with a Tazer, however, the Flashpaq should offer just about everything feature wise your Tazer does.

And no downtime on your end, we'll ship you an unlocked PCM, you swap it out with your OEM unit, then flash it with our Flashpaq.
My main concerns would be stuff like radio coding, and LED lighting. I have a sport with upgrading lighting, plus a 7" radio with new HVAC stack so I'd want to be certain these would all still work without issue.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
What RPM is the stock stall converter flashing or is the converter able to lock up around 1500 rpm? The gain there is substantial but for off roading, is the throttle and possible boost manageable to keep traction?
I would have to get with our lead calibrator to get answers to the specific converter questions. But, our Flashpaq has a specific 'Crawl' tune that has been optimized for off-road performance, I've tried it on both tight technical dirt trails in the mountains and the rock crawling and it worked extremely well in both situations.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
My main concerns would be stuff like radio coding, and LED lighting. I have a sport with upgrading lighting, plus a 7" radio with new HVAC stack so I'd want to be certain these would all still work without issue.
I believe all of those functions are handled within the Body Control Module, not the Powertrain Control Module, so there should be no issues.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I would have to get with our lead calibrator to get answers to the specific converter questions. But, our Flashpaq has a specific 'Crawl' tune that has been optimized for off-road performance, I've tried it on both tight technical dirt trails in the mountains and the rock crawling and it worked extremely well in both situations.
I’d be interested to see what that person says about the converter. Thanks

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Just updated my flashcal to flashpaq online and ordered PCM Cross Ship. Can't wait to get it and install :fingerscrossed:

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Got my install done. It was kind of white knuckle flashing the system, but it worked out good in the end.
The instructions that came with the swap PCM were not as good as the instructions in the flashpaq as they did seem to be missing the step where the tuner hooks back up after swap install to download the cloned file.

After install, I had the U430 8.4” screen Uconnect turn to blue in the text and back up camera didn’t work. the climate controls didn’t work right either. But everything came back working fine over night. I called and found out this delayed sync was normal sometimes so not concerned anymore.
Happy with the updated PCM now. Biggest differences are around the normal driving usage. Spool is faster and off the stop lights feels improved with the extra torque. At speed is harder to notice but it is faster. When you floor it at speed, the downshift and torque converter flash to 4.5k make it harder to gauge the difference.
Up next on the list, mishimoto cold air and inner cooler pipe with divertor valve. The new PCM will not limit my power like the factory electronic nanny pcm, so these other mods will probably pull more power.
the quality of the superchips tune is top notch. Drivability is excellent with no hiccups or issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Got my install done. It was kind of white knuckle flashing the system, but it worked out good in the end.
The instructions that came with the swap PCM were not as good as the instructions in the flashpaq as they didn’t seem to be missing the step where the tuner hooks back up after swap install.

After install, I had the U430 8.4” screen Uconnect turn to blue in the text and back up camera didn’t work. the climate controls didn’t work right either. But everything came back working fine over night. I called and found out this delayed sync was normal sometimes so not concerned anymore.
Happy with the updated PCM now. Biggest differences are around the normal driving usage. Spool is faster and off the stop lights feels improved with the extra torque. At speed is harder to notice but it is faster. When you floor it at speed, the downshift and torque converter flash to 4.5k make it harder to gauge the difference.
Up next on the list, mishimoto cold air and inner cooler pipe with divertor valve. The new PCM will not limit my power like the factory electronic nanny pcm, so these other kids will probably pull more power.
the quality of the superchips tune is top notch. Drivability is excellent with no hiccups or issues.
I’m hijacking the thread here, but I cannot WAIT until they get a flashpaq for the 3.0. Heard nothing but good things about this tuner.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
@Superchips_Mrktg can I enable aux switches like the tazer? Does the bypass module needs to be plugged 100% of the time?

how does this work with the tazer mini if I want the taser mini plugged all time?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
@Superchips_Mrktg can I enable aux switches like the tazer? Does the bypass module needs to be plugged 100% of the time?

how does this work with the tazer mini if I want the taser mini plugged all time?
The gateway bypass will need to remain plugged in, yes. As for it working in conjunction with a Tazer mini, I can't offer much input as that is not something our team has ever tested.

SargeWiegand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2020 Rubicon Recon
My current setup is the following:
Pedal Commander
Burger JB4
Tazer Mini
Mishimoto Intake, intercooler, catch can
GFB DV+

I have found that I get occasional power loss when punching it, particularly in cooler weather. If I go this route. If I am understanding this correctly I would be removing the Pedal Commander, Burger JB4 and the Tazer Mini? I use the Tazer for front camera, larger tires and disabling the auto off feature.

What advantages do I gain going this route over keeping what I have?

@Superchips_Mrktg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
My current setup is the following:
Pedal Commander
Burger JB4
Tazer Mini
Mishimoto Intake, intercooler, catch can
GFB DV+

I have found that I get occasional power loss when punching it, particularly in cooler weather. If I go this route. If I am understanding this correctly I would be removing the Pedal Commander, Burger JB4 and the Tazer Mini? I use the Tazer for front camera, larger tires and disabling the auto off feature.

What advantages do I gain going this route over keeping what I have?

@Superchips_Mrktg
A real tune isn't going to have occasional power loss from the ECU limiting torque, in any weather. The JB4 can only intercept & modify the signals that it taps into, whereas a tune is literally clanging the operating logic on the ECU. It is a more direct and accurate way of making modifications, and it's exactly how the manufacturer controls your motor (well, with the ECU being locked).

The Pedal Commander can't change how the ECU interprets the pedal signal, it can only "enhance" the existing signal by making it go to 100% earlier (basically the pedal commander can't do anything your foot couldn't do already).
Sponsored