First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Occupation
Bioinformatician
Ordered my JLUR 4xe a little over week ago in Chief Blue. Chief was just recently added as a wrangler color in the configurator on the Jeep website and it looks MUCH much lighter than I was expecting. Seems much lighter than the previous Chief wranglers or any other renderings and pre-production images I've seen. Anyone know if this is accurate or just a rendering issue?
Jeep Wrangler JL Chief Blue iris
Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Jeep Wrangler JL Chief Blue FB_IMG_1606240179128
Ordered my JLUR 4xe a little over week ago in Chief Blue. Chief was just recently added as a wrangler color in the configurator on the Jeep website and it looks MUCH much lighter than I was expecting. Seems much lighter than the previous Chief wranglers or any other renderings and pre-production images I've seen. Anyone know if this is accurate or just a rendering issue?
iris.jpg
This was posted to a Facebook group I'm in. Seems like the builder is off (I think it's off for Sting Gray too)

OP
OP
DarwinW13

DarwinW13

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Occupation
Bioinformatician
My concern is that since Hydro Blue is supposedly going to be available at some point in 2021, they lightened up Chief to distinguish it more from Hydro. But I don't think they should call it Chief if they are going to do that. Getting nervous as I don't really like the lighter version. Really hope it is just a rendering issue.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My concern is that since Hydro Blue is supposedly going to be available at some point in 2021, they lightened up Chief to distinguish it more from Hydro. But I don't think they should call it Chief if they are going to do that. Getting nervous as I don't really like the lighter version. Really hope it is just a rendering issue.
They didn't change the color. There are several pictures in the Chief Blue thread as well. They all match the picture shown. Jump on the Jeep builder and search for the actual Chief Blue vehicles and view them on the dealer site. I'd bet a new Wrangler they're similar to what I posted

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Powder blue. It looks like my bathroom walls. Haha! Seriously though, I know it’s scary not knowing what you’re getting and I hope the Chief remains the same color from the JK to the JL. I can’t see them changing it - the original JK Chief is a pretty cool color blue in person.
Sponsored