Sponsored

2020 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Tracker

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
RVs have been selling well because families are taking self-contained vacations, by necessity.

Riding a motorcycle gets around even the strictest Stay at Home orders because the rider is socially distanced in all circumstances (voice of experience here). I'd be surprised if the industry's 2nd Qtr sales figures didn't markedly increase, compared to the same period in 2019.

I'd posit that the vast expansion in working-from-home arrangements has given rise to increasing numbers of homeowners that have less patience with home improvement and/or repair work that should be done, but hasn't been, now that they're staring at it every day. That'd lead to more demand for tradesman to do the work, and/or DIYers schlepping the aisles at the Big Box stores.

But for mask edicts and early/temporary shortages of certain consumer goods at the grocery stores, Life has continued on in a manner that was and is in sharp contrast with the Chicken Little pronouncements in print and electronic media.
I agree. With the exception of gyms, salons, and other service and travel related industries, the economy has been booming. People are buying everything, from computers, to motorcycles, trucks, and RVs, to houses and clothing. I canā€™t remember ever seeing an economy this strong ā€” and Iā€™m old. Iā€™ve stopped watching TV, because the media tells me how bad the economy is every night while the stock market and most other indicators soar. Meanwhile, the companies I want to buy parts from are perpetually out of stock, though thatā€™s getting better now.

All this nonsense saved me some grief, because I was going to buy the Tereflex Delta brake kit which was unavailable for months. During that unavailability I learned theyā€™re made in China, so Iā€™m considering other options.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MeddlingFloyd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU. Sting Grey.
But it only drops the price down towards MSRP of other brands with good reputations. Road armor full width bumper with tire carrier is $2718.56!

example, LOD Full width bumper with tire carrier MSRP is $1,649
Glad to see you mention a LOD alternative as acceptable. I am looking at buying bumpers and am down to JCR and LOD full widths (front and rear). Anyone have issues or successes with either? I am just looking for a clean-looking full width option with recessed winch mount. Really like the LOD rear bumper setup with tire carrier - which would drive me to get their front bumper as well.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see you mention a LOD alternative as acceptable. I am looking at buying bumpers and am down to JCR and LOD full widths (front and rear). Anyone have issues or successes with either? I am just looking for a clean-looking full width option with recessed winch mount. Really like the LOD rear bumper setup with tire carrier - which would drive me to get their front bumper as well.
I have the Destroyer series which doesn't have the recessed winch but is of fantastic quality. Mine is full width and the steep angles on the side make it still very good for crawling. I think with the fairlead mount plate it's still a very clean look. Highly recommended!

OP
OP
TheJanitor6203

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
And their shipping times are horrible. Love their products and the fact that you can call and actually talk to someone. When I ordered their fneder brace with LED turn signals, their web site said it ships within 4 days. Well 5 weeks later, it was shipped, then it showed that it was out for delivery. NOPE, it took almost seven weeks. It sure would have been nice installing them in August weather VS the cold of Mid October in Michigan.
Just got the VersaTable that ordered in August. Well worth the wait. And totally agree, I called multiple times to ask questions/make changes and a real person answers every time. Itā€™s a great company.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
UPR has a discount code as well!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Tracker 0A9C8A05-9F74-4159-B6BF-85F0D520C22B

Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Redline Tuning is offering 20% off our Bolt In Hood QuickLIFT systems for the JL and Gladiator!

Use code: BF2020 at checkout.

slide-black-friday-jeep-002-jpg.jpg

rt-jeep-layout2b-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

rt-qr-layout-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Element fire extinguishers is running a 15% off sale.

15% OFF
FREE SHIPPING* & FREE EXTRA MOUNTING CLIP**

Use code: EFHS20 at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.

*Free Shipping applies to orders over $99
**One (1) extra mounting clip for every Element E50 or E100 purchased

Expires midnight Tuesday, December 1st, 2020.
Coupon entered at checkout.

Edited for the free shipping requirement. Received the advert in my e-mail didn't see the fine print when I posted it...

Last edited:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have the LOD stuff and have had since 2018. Quality is amazing. I do not care for their ugly, big a$$ badging they put all over their stuff but that said it is good stuff.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m also not a fan of the LOD badge that they rivet onto their stuff, but I plan to drill out the rivets, paint the logo to match the bumper and screw it back on.

That said, an LOD front bumper is next on my shopping list. So Iā€™m obviously hoping for a sale on their stuff this week.

Sponsored

Chadman682

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Silverado 2016 Tahoe
Some Warn products seem to be 10% at some of their vendors (Northridge, Quadratec, etc). I just ordered the VR Evo 10s winch for $670 @ Northridge.
I just did as well. Thanks for the heads up.

MeddlingFloyd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU. Sting Grey.
I just did as well. Thanks for the heads up.
I am looking for a winch now as well. Is there much difference between Warn and Smittybilt? I feel like when I price specs, Smitty is right there but cheaper. I have zero experience with long-term ownership/use though. First Jeep......excuse my ignorance.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for a winch now as well. Is there much difference between Warn and Smittybilt? I feel like when I price specs, Smitty is right there but cheaper. I have zero experience with long-term ownership/use though. First Jeep......excuse my ignorance.
I did a bunch of research on the Warn Evo VR vs the Smittybilt Gen2 X20 before pulling the trigger.

Both are IP68 waterproof rated, have a lifetime mechanical warranty and are made in China.

The Smitty is slightly smaller and seemingly a good bang for the buck. I saw several complaints about the wireless functionality failing, but you can just use the wire if that happens (just make sure to have it with you!).

The Warn has a 7-year electrical warranty (2-years longer than Smitty's) and has the "name." They also oversee the factory in which their winches are made in China and do quality control and testing on these products back in the U.S.

For me, if Warn had enough confidence to put their name on their Chinese made product, and back it with the same warranty that is on their American made winches... the slight increase in price was worth it - especially with a discount. I realize it's not an American made Zeon winch, but as a piece of safety/recovery gear, having their name on it gives me a little bit of extra confidence.

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Looking for the best deal on a Rustys tire carrier.
Rustys themselves are giving a $50 gift when you spend $500.
What that gift is, who knows?
Would rather get it cheaper than get a ā€œgiftā€.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Somebody posted here the overland deals and that included a place selling Baja Designs products at 10% off.

I want a set of Baja Designs LP4 or LP6 lights. Anybody come across them cheaper than 10% off retail during their BF/CM deals research?
Sponsored