Sponsored

Supercharger options?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone interested in a Supercharger or Turbo setup for their 3.6? I actually really like the Edelbrock setup for the JK. I know others have more power and tq. But it seems to be a good middle ground for performance, and reliability.

So far I have not seen anything for the JL, but I am Keeping an eye out. I would also love some sort of Mopar performance kit to drop in a crate v8, but not holding my breath.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I know others have more power and tq. But it seems to be a good middle ground for performance, and reliability.
The supercharger itself is a fairly simple mechanism and what might fail is your engine if you have too much boost or if you were having engine reliability issues that were on their way.

I run a Sprintex on my 3.6 JK and would go for the same brand with the JL as soon as they can sell me one... unless there's a V8 JL... in which case I would have to look for bigger supercharger options :D

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
The pentistar already is so jacked up with egr cooling and so many new wiring harnesses and plumbing I doubt there will be anything avail for
Quite some time. Then there’s the ecu lock out...

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The pentistar already is so jacked up with egr cooling and so many new wiring harnesses and plumbing I doubt there will be anything avail for
Is it not the same as the 3.6 in the 2017 Grand Cherokee? I thought it was, just tuned a little different. I know the 2019 3.6 will add bag, and some other things but I thought the 2018 3.6 was a carry over from the WK2.

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Anyone interested in a Supercharger or Turbo setup for their 3.6? I actually really like the Edelbrock setup for the JK. I know others have more power and tq. But it seems to be a good middle ground for performance, and reliability.

So far I have not seen anything for the JL, but I am Keegan eye out. I would also love some sort of Mopar performance kit to drop in a crate v8, but not holding my breath.
+1 Edelbrock

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I can tell optimism when I hear it :movember: Sorry to burst your bubble but far more complex engines get modded. FCA is good but not good enough to keep smart and talented modders away. Hope to see you with an entire lane of angry drivers behind you, in my rear view mirror :cwl:

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I can tell optimism when I hear it :movember: Sorry to burst your bubble but far more complex engines get modded. FCA is good but not good enough to keep smart and talented modders away. Hope to see you with an entire lane of angry drivers behind you, in my rear view mirror :cwl:
I agree, the complexity of the new Pentastar is very apparent but far from unusual these days.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
ECU is only challenge. Give it some time I’m sure some are already working on it.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m completely down with boosting the pentistar. I think getting 400 HP out of the 3.6 is a great option. Assuming the 8 speed shifting is working out and all that... but yr posting about something that doesn’t exist yet... you guys know how locked out the ecu is right? Apparently is coded and can only be unlocked by dealer. I mean even on the 2015’s you had to swap the ecu with unlocked one that was an expensive addition that didn’t exist in the 2013 motor. Laugh all you want but you won’t be boosting your JL for a LEAST a year bro. And it’ll prob cost you way more than 5 k.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Guys, not sure here, but I think the auto transmission is rated at 500 Nm - 369 lbs*ft of torque. I don't know what the manual is rated at this moment.

That's probably enough room for a small boost, but maybe not a huge one.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, not sure here, but I think the auto transmission is rated at 500 Nm - 369 lbs*ft of torque. I don't know what the manual is rated at this moment.

That's probably enough room for a small boost, but maybe not a huge one.
My point exactly these cats putting cart before horse big timezzz. But hey I guess peeps can dream right?

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Check out that new teardown vid
And see what that guy says about the new motor...
lolz that "guy" peddles a shop that does GM crate conversions. website says so/ shop says so/ even the youtube about channel says so. lolz relax bra

edit - plz don't respond to me either / i cant read or write

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
lolz that "guy" peddles a shop that does GM crate conversions. website says so/ shop says so/ even the youtube about channel says so. lolz relax bra

edit - plz don't respond/ i cant read
Can't wait for someone to try a Hemi crate conversion.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

edit - plz don't respond to me either / i cant read or write
What exactly are you referencing? Because he certainly isn’t refencing a non existant supercharger for the JL....
Sponsored