Cracked Windshield Club

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
When I had my 2020 Outback, people there complained about how many broken windshields they got too :) Maybe newer cars just have crappy windshields. Of course with the Jeep having such a vertical windshield it's going to get whacked more than a typical car as well. I only went through one windshield in my TJ in 4,000 miles, but that one was only $150 to replace.

That's why I have zero-deductible glass coverage, in Colorado we seem to go through even more windshields than most...

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hooray... Our second crack in just a little over 6 months and under 10k miles from driving the Sarge off the lot.

As we have now had two cracks, the second one qualifies my wife to be a member of the Cracked Windshield Club along with me. Our next crack will qualify our cat to join!

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club IMG_4089

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
Mine was cracked the first month I had it. Replaced and, knock on wood, no repeat two years down the road. What's kinda weird is that 14 years ago I got a small rock chip at the base of the windshield of my GTO (which is garaged) and a crack ran from it last week - while sitting in the garage.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I live in southern Alberta, an honest 80% of the vehicles over about 6 months old have a chip or crack in the windshield.
My wife bought a new 4Runner earlier this year, it had 60 miles on the odometer when we picked it up, the first windshield chip happened a day and a half later at about 135 miles on the ODO.

Another story, a couple of years ago 3 of us went wheeling, on the way home while driving down a dirt road the guy leading spit a rock straight up and it cracked his own windshield, spit up another and cracked my windshield, then I kicked uo a rock and cracked my buddy behind me’s windshield in his one month old JL. All that happened within a five minute window.
Albertans are well used to cracked windshields

Sponsored

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
Joined the club today. 2020 can't go away fast enough.....
I did as well. This is my 2nd JL this has happened, both had under 2k miles. These windshields are a JOKE! No impact point and mine cracked before my eyes driving. I have had 5 built Jk's, never happened to any of them or the 30+ new cars I have owned over the years. Two JL's are the only vehicles I have EVER had cracked windshields. There needs to be a class action started on this. Total Bullshit!!!

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Just over 13 months in, finally joined. Saw it when I hopped in this morning.

Don’t see a chip, but I think I heard a piece of salt hit me last night.

On closer inspection, there is a tiny chip right at the bottom edge. weird.

Gotta love $0 comprehensive deductible. Feel like I’m gonna get my money’s worth over the next several years.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 07A7D125-D85B-4AFC-B497-285AB4DA110C

Last edited:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Just renewed my membership to the club! Third year in a row! This photo sucks, but it originally started as a single crack, then another one developed right next to it and it turned into a race.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club jlwindshield

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club wrangler_cracked_2020

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Just renewed my membership to the club! Third year in a row! This photo sucks, but it originally started as a single crack, then another one developed right next to it and it turned into a race.

gotta make the best of it and have fun watching it spread.

mine keeps changing directions. Which way will it go next??

love the logo. I’m going to save that to commemorate the first of what I assume are going to be a long line of cracked windshields.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club F493E75B-9547-4407-BE78-F814E01F26DE

We had an interesting weather thing the other night. The moisture in the air got into all the pits and chips in every windshield. I checked up close and each of these frost spots is a chip. I was really surprised at how manh there were...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I experienced my first broken windshield on Christmas Eve.

I was driving down a 4 lane road at 25mph, 10:00pm, temperatures around 25 degrees Fahrenheit. No one around me to kick up a rock, etc. turned on the windshield defroster and heard a loud pop. I immediately saw a crack directly in my line of vision.

I took it to the dealership and explained what happened, they said the windshield has a 12/12 warranty but they are going to see if Chrysler will approve the replacement under warranty since nothing hit the windshield. My Jeep had 28,000 miles on it at the time it happened.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did as well. This is my 2nd JL this has happened, both had under 2k miles. These windshields are a JOKE! No impact point and mine cracked before my eyes driving. I have had 5 built Jk's, never happened to any of them or the 30+ new cars I have owned over the years. Two JL's are the only vehicles I have EVER had cracked windshields. There needs to be a class action started on this. Total Bullshit!!!
your windshield has a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on it. If you have under 12,000 miles your dealership should replace it at no charge.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Either I’m the luckiest person alive or I have the best dealership around... or both... my dealership just received approval to replace my windshield under warranty with 28,000 miles on it...

sweet!!!

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I'm in!! It wasn't a matter of IF, but WHEN.....

Been driving 15 years now, and my first ever cracked windshield came on the JL at only 4363 miles, which I realize is much more than most. Started as a chip, within 3 more miles it became a 10" crack. 40 miles later and it had walked across the whole windshield. So happy I opted for full windshield coverage...

A side note, performed flawlessly in the first snowfall...

33AC0F87-B831-4F65-9805-62174D506065.jpeg

37354C6B-960E-4A9F-AF3F-0239328701C9.jpeg
Sponsored