First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
For any lengthy drive, quarter the deer and putting in a cooler is your best bet. I have the same setup as S2k Chris. Hitch was a very easy install. Otherwise cooler goes in the cab....
All about where you live. In TX I’m sure a cooler is important. I hunt in Northern WI. See screenshot below of Sunday morning; no cooler needed ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Any Deer Hunters Out There? 529AF2BB-3CE7-4943-98E5-C3843A7C203A
Sponsored

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
All about where you live. In TX I’m sure a cooler is important. I hunt in Northern WI. See screenshot below of Sunday morning; no cooler needed ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Any Deer Hunters Out There? 529AF2BB-3CE7-4943-98E5-C3843A7C203A
True dat. I have been sitting the stand in shorts since our season began.....here you pretty much clean, quarter and ice it rapidly unless a cold spell comes through.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Yah, down where I live you could put a 1 in front of that number most of the time. This time of year it is a little better but still in the mid 70s in the afternoon and you don't want to travel very far if the meat is not in a cooler.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
True dat. I have been sitting the stand in shorts since our season began.....here you pretty much clean, quarter and ice it rapidly unless a cold spell comes through.
The benefit is no bugs or other creepy crawlers when you get in the stand at o dark thirty.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Hey Everyone,
hello there friend.
In the (extremely) off-chance that I actually get a deer I am hoping to gain some insight on the best way to transport the deer. Unfortunately my rig is still completely stock and I do not have a roof rack, trailer hitch or upgraded front bumper with bull bar/stinger.
Get a large cooler and prepare it for use. Use the internets to find a local butcher who sells deer meat. Buy enough to fill up the cooler, take it all out of the packaging and store it in the cooler.

Then go find some twenty something year old ladies to spend the rest of the day with and have fun.
Would love to hear suggestions.
Just did.
Toss it in the back
Good call. Just make sure the doors are locked and no one is nearby.
just flop it over the spare tire
Not a bad idea but have to make sure that no one’s around when engaged in public shenanigans.
Sponsored