James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Check these out, I just wish they came in OD green as my Jeep is Sarge green .

https://www.quadratec.com/p/overland-outfitters/sherpa-saddle-bag-pair-wrangler-jl
Thanks,
I ended up with a combination of the two products below that are working well....

I do like the look of the Overland Outfitter bags though... If I was still looking I think i'd drop the $200 for the quality. Maybe i'll upgrade if my current solution ever breaks :)
Sponsored

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Thanks,
I ended up with a combination of the two products below that are working well....

I do like the look of the Overland Outfitter bags though... If I was still looking I think i'd drop the $200 for the quality. Maybe i'll upgrade if my current solution ever breaks :)
Can you post a picture of yours after you put them in?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post a picture of yours after you put them in?
Sure,
I posted some quick pictures at the link below but i'll get better quality ones after work. They're all empty and deflated right now because i'm in the middle of building a modular platform, drawer and 12v control panel system in the back.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ou-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/post-1225118

I've also been thinking about getting this kit and trying the different size bags for up front and over the wheel wells. https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/gear-molle-bag-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sure,
I posted some quick pictures at the link below but i'll get better quality ones after work. They're all empty and deflated right now because i'm in the middle of building a modular platform, drawer and 12v control panel system in the back.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ou-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/post-1225118

I've also been thinking about getting this kit and trying the different size bags for up front and over the wheel wells. https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/gear-molle-bag-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl
@flharleycop the images below should show the overall setup. I have the carabiners on there for extra support, but otherwise I just routed the straps through the panel slots (nothing special).

They don't fill the bottom of the wheel well closest to the seat backs like the Overland Outfitters ones do.

Jeep Wrangler JL Over the rear fender storage solutions? 20200928_161651

Jeep Wrangler JL Over the rear fender storage solutions? 20200928_161627-01

Jeep Wrangler JL Over the rear fender storage solutions? 20200928_161640-01

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@flharleycop the images below should show the overall setup. I have the carabiners on there for extra support, but otherwise I just routed the straps through the panel slots (nothing special).

They don't fill the bottom of the wheel well closest to the seat backs like the Overland Outfitters ones do.

Thanks I am checking with the mole company to see if those will work on the 2dr.

Sponsored

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Has anybody on here purchased a set of the Overland Outfitter saddle bags for a 2 door JL with a soft top? I'm looking at purchasing a pair. I don't have the hard top and my JL only has 1 hole to attach the zipper strips. The photos I've seen always show 2 bolts fastening it down. I would have to drill a hole for the other end of the strip. Just wondering if others with the soft top only have the same issue? I would think all the bolt holes would have been there to add a hard top at a later time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Over the rear fender storage solutions? 1Saddle

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I just got these for small items to get them off the floor. I put Velcro on the shelf to secure the lighter stuff. Pretty nice and only 35 ish bucks.

1BABC233-8735-4010-84EF-678D9B8E5E5F.jpeg

B7F8AD32-360C-4508-AD10-CD4BF125F253.jpeg

BC6F724E-1ED8-4E8D-82E5-6D0A0C4F80E8.jpeg

F7D35D09-556A-42B7-8648-939E0F76BBDA.jpeg

14624B76-FB14-4606-B42D-E8C74DED67F8.jpeg

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Has anybody on here purchased a set of the Overland Outfitter saddle bags for a 2 door JL with a soft top? I'm looking at purchasing a pair. I don't have the hard top and my JL only has 1 hole to attach the zipper strips. The photos I've seen always show 2 bolts fastening it down. I would have to drill a hole for the other end of the strip. Just wondering if others with the soft top only have the same issue? I would think all the bolt holes would have been there to add a hard top at a later time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Over the rear fender storage solutions? 14624B76-FB14-4606-B42D-E8C74DED67F8

Take a look at post #25 in this thread 2-door Storage ideas. for actual pictures of the Sherpa Saddle Bags that Myron purchased.

I think your second mounting hole may be covered up the the plastic door surround trim from your soft top. Have you tried removing the door surrounds to see if they are covering up a second mounting hole?

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Take a look at post #25 in this thread 2-door Storage ideas. for actual pictures of the Sherpa Saddle Bags that Myron purchased.

I think your second mounting hole may be covered up the the plastic door surround trim from your soft top. Have you tried removing the door surrounds to see if they are covering up a second mounting hole?
Thanks for the reply - you are right, the door surround is hiding the other bolt hole and the door surround is not bolted in. I had not seen that thread or photos. Saw a couple others though. From the pictures I had seen I figured the bolt holes were just a bit closer together. I will have to drill a hole in the door surround for a bolt but I will figure it out. The Overland saddle bags look really nice and from what I've read they appear to be quality stuff. Looking forward to getting a pair for my Jeep. Thanks again.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Thanks for the reply - you are right, the door surround is hiding the other bolt hole and the door surround is not bolted in. I had not seen that thread or photos. Saw a couple others though. From the pictures I had seen I figured the bolt holes were just a bit closer together. I will have to drill a hole in the door surround for a bolt but I will figure it out. The Overland saddle bags look really nice and from what I've read they appear to be quality stuff. Looking forward to getting a pair for my Jeep. Thanks again.
Glad I could help.

Drilling a hole in the plastic door surround should be easier than drilling a new hole in your tub.
Sponsored