OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
If thatā€™s your view, youā€™re in the wrong seat. ;)
haha I know I wonā€™t see it all the time but man you think for the prices they are charging the finishes wouldnā€™t be like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Maybe Iā€™m one of the lucky ones but initial quality on delivery was decent...fit and finish is very good. No extra wind noise and steering seems ok. I would have that speaker bar replaced if it were mine...out of principle.
So do I contact the dealership I pUrchased from or Jeep cares? They are about an hour and a half away unfortunately. Thatā€™s kinda where I am at for close to 40k this isnā€™t cool. With that being said I know people have experienced worse....

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
I would have it changed, as long as they don't have to rip apart the entire vehicle to get that part out which would create more issues.
Yea I think I will be contacting them on Monday. I do have the alpine stereo upgrade not sure if that complicates things....

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful what you wish for, though.

If stuff works and doesnā€™t bother you, I wouldn't ask a dealer to touch it.

Jeep dealers are not the most careful lot.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Maybe Iā€™m one of the lucky ones but initial quality on delivery was decent...fit and finish is very good. No extra wind noise and steering seems ok. I would have that speaker bar replaced if it were mine...out of principle.
I 2nd this ^^^ I have no issues from new till now and being a "Mopar or no car" kinda guy plus long time owner of several Chrysler vehicles with little to no problems i'd say the quality is second to none. If you think you got problems try dealing with a chevyā€¦...gives me the shivers just typing the word chevy, lol

Reactions: VNT

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I wouldn't bother for a few scuffs. The low paid hack is going to do the work and it will likely be worse. The ASE certified guys don't mess with that stuff.

Mine has paint issues around the hinges, scuffs on the plastic fenders and I had to buff a paint flaw out in the middle of the hood. There are wavy panels, especially the doors. The one touch power window on the driver's side is actually a 2 touch. Something will have to break before I take it to the dealer. I will fix small issues on my own.

As for the $40K vehicle argument. The lowest priced Wrangler is built in the same factory, by the same workers, with the same materials as the most expensive one is. These aren't luxury vehicles. There are not quality inspectors in white lab jackets eyballing every part of the assembly. Sadly, a $40K vehicle is just a middle of the pack everyday driver now.

Until sales are affected, nothing will change.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I 2nd this ^^^ I have no issues from new till now and being a "Mopar or no car" kinda guy plus long time owner of several Chrysler vehicles with little to no problems i'd say the quality is second to none. If you think you got problems try dealing with a chevyā€¦...gives me the shivers just typing the word chevy, lol
Lol how many Chevys have you owned? For the first nearly 20 years of driving, GM was all i bought, and i NEVER saw issues like those detailed in this thread and others on here. GM has given me countless near perfect experiences. That said, I've now bought two FCA vehicles and both were perfect on delivery too. Picking up the third on Tuesday so we'll see... but I'm already feeling far more apprehension than I've ever felt buying a GM vehicle. I really want love my Jeep and my Challenger so I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't bother for a few scuffs. The low paid hack is going to do the work and it will likely be worse. The ASE certified guys don't mess with that stuff.

Mine has paint issues around the hinges, scuffs on the plastic fenders and I had to buff a paint flaw out in the middle of the hood. There are wavy panels, especially the doors. The one touch power window on the driver's side is actually a 2 touch. Something will have to break before I take it to the dealer. I will fix small issues on my own.

As for the $40K vehicle argument. The lowest priced Wrangler is built in the same factory, by the same workers, with the same materials as the most expensive one is. These aren't luxury vehicles. There are not quality inspectors in white lab jackets eyballing every part of the assembly. Sadly, a $40K vehicle is just a middle of the pack everyday driver now.

Until sales are affected, nothing will change.
FCA just spent billions of dollars building JLā€™s state-of-the-art plant. Youā€™d think the paint on these things would come out spotless.

Sometimes I think FCA purposely buys damaged parts...so they can haggle with the supplier for a discount... :LOL:

Sponsored

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA quality control!!!! 18EB31CD-775F-4E5D-94C6-C7AA641459F1

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Lol how many Chevys have you owned? For the first nearly 20 years of driving, GM was all i bought, and i NEVER saw issues like those detailed in this thread and others on here. GM has given me countless near perfect experiences. That said, I've now bought two FCA vehicles and both were perfect on delivery too. Picking up the third on Tuesday so we'll see... but I'm already feeling far more apprehension than I've ever felt buying a GM vehicle. I really want love my Jeep and my Challenger so I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt.
One...ā€¦.and it was one too many, I know quality of all American made vehicles has been good i"m just not a chevy or ford guy. I'm just poking around to get people wound up, nothing personal ;)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
FCA just spent billions of dollars building JLā€™s state-of-the-art plant. Youā€™d think the paint on these things would come out spotless.

Sometimes I think FCA purposely buys damaged parts...so they can haggle with the supplier for a discount... :LOL:
There's design, then there's execution. The robotic paint sprayers may very well be able to paint the body as designed. However, the bean counters get in there a say tht X amount of gallons of paint can be saved by adjusting to the point where it applies the minimum amount necessary to meets the bottom end of the specs when it was designed to operate in the median range.

Factories these days operate on the "just in time" supply system. Most of the parts and pieces are assembled elsewhere by outside contractors then shipped in amounts necessary to fulfill production. Slight flaws are acceptable as long as it doesn't slow production.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I had an interior trim piece above the rear window that was not fully attached and would not fully attach. would make noises when driving. Never should have left the factory that way. Dealer fixed.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There's design, then there's execution. The robotic paint sprayers may very well be able to paint the body as designed. However, the bean counters get in there a say tht X amount of gallons of paint can be saved by adjusting to the point where it applies the minimum amount necessary to meets the bottom end of the specs when it was designed to operate in the median range.

Factories these days operate on the "just in time" supply system. Most of the parts and pieces are assembled elsewhere by outside contractors then shipped in amounts necessary to fulfill production. Slight flaws are acceptable as long as it doesn't slow production.
Yeah.

The part that I have a hard time wrapping my head around is this: Wrangler single-handedly represents a big chunk of FCAā€™s global profits ā€”along with Grand Cherokee, Gladiator and Ram. But you wouldnā€™t know it by how it allows these vehicles to leave the assembly line.

One other thing: FCA has compressed order waiting times to half of what they normally are. I saw a forum member claim he took delivery of his JL four weeks after he placed his order. That includes not just assembly, but freight, dealer PDI and everything else.

Iā€™d be taking a VERY close look at the vehicle before taking delivery of a Wrangler right now.
Sponsored