First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I was looking at the build site with my friend because he is looking into getting a Wrangler. Looks like the 4:1 rock track is a 695$ option on a 2021 Rubicon???

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
jdubya421

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
The Full-Time system yes. the Rock Trac Part-Time is standard.
I didnt even notice full time. I wasn't even aware they had a full time 4:1, interesting. Well that clears that up

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
They began making them available with 2021! The 392 is going to have it with the lack of 2H! So it will be 4H full time, 4H part time, and 4L. As for regular rubicons, it will include all of the above with the addition of 2H.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They began making them available with 2021! The 392 is going to have it with the lack of 2H! So it will be 4H full time, 4H part time, and 4L. As for regular rubicons, it will include all of the above with the addition of 2H.
The 392 doesn't come with rock track, it's the Sahara AWD transfer case. There is no part time 4H.

Sponsored

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
It's garbage, they're trying to keep people from snapping axles by cheaping out instead of beefing up the axles.
I believe this is the case, but I don't understand why when the diesel is only 30ish ft lb away from the 392 and has the rocktrac.

That's a boatload more torque on the axels from the diesel with the 4:1 transfer case vs the goofy one going into the 392. The only thing I can figure is like the newer cummins trucks, the ecodiesel is detuned in 4 low maybe even in lower gears period.

Still crossing fingers they will offer a 4:1 2 door. Id be chucking my wallet at them for a 2 door rocktrac with half doors in blue. Put a manual in and I'd be willing to commit some unspeakable acts for one.

That said its jeep I expect no less than complete ignoring of the 2 door going forward. Guess I have to wait for some goofball to roll one and steal the drivetrain and computer out of it. That or build a real beast. Maybe a YJ with a godzilla 7.3, tr4050, and rocktrack. Be comforting to run a v8 that wont blow a cam from MDS.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I believe this is the case, but I don't understand why when the diesel is only 30ish ft lb away from the 392 and has the rocktrac.

That's a boatload more torque on the axels from the diesel with the 4:1 transfer case vs the goofy one going into the 392. The only thing I can figure is like the newer cummins trucks, the ecodiesel is detuned in 4 low maybe even in lower gears period.

Still crossing fingers they will offer a 4:1 2 door. Id be chucking my wallet at them for a 2 door rocktrac with half doors in blue. Put a manual in and I'd be willing to commit some unspeakable acts for one.

That said its jeep I expect no less than complete ignoring of the 2 door going forward. Guess I have to wait for some goofball to roll one and steal the drivetrain and computer out of it. That or build a real beast. Maybe a YJ with a godzilla 7.3, tr4050, and rocktrack. Be comforting to run a v8 that wont blow a cam from MDS.
The full time AWD keeps people from over-torquing the rear axles on the street as well.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
I think many are more disappointed that it doesn't have the 4:1 low gear.

I'd like to know the transfer case number so I can lookup whether it's a clutch pack, center diff, or what.

I'd be leery of it if it's the same transfer case the ram 1500 laramie a have had for the last few years. Those clutches couldn't bear, one bad day in the mud and your transfer case is toasted cause the clutches just couldn't hold and get cooked.

Great for quick transition between 2 wheel and 4 wheel. Terrible for any serious 4 wheeling.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think many are more disappointed that it doesn't have the 4:1 low gear.

I'd like to know the transfer case number so I can lookup whether it's a clutch pack, center diff, or what.

I'd be leery of it if it's the same transfer case the ram 1500 laramie a have had for the last few years. Those clutches couldn't bear, one bad day in the mud and your transfer case is toasted cause the clutches just couldn't hold and get cooked.

Great for quick transition between 2 wheel and 4 wheel. Terrible for any serious 4 wheeling.
It's definitely isn't the same as any of the truck transfer cases as there is no 2WD.
Sponsored