Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Be fun to get the 392 in a lighter sport model and throw a tune in it. Then take the doors and top off to go stoplight racing and piss off some Hellcats.
Judging by your username, I'm sure you know what a fast car looks like.

I once raced a Trackhawk in a BMW M240i (335 HP, 369 lb-ft). Well, the Trackhawk didn't know we were racing until I launched, and then... I've never seen a car on the street spin all 4 tires through an intersection while passing me and pulling away that hard. Freaking impressive what that much HP will do. This was on a closed course in Mexico of course.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I once raced a Trackhawk in a BMW M240i (335 HP, 369 lb-ft). Well, the Trackhawk didn't know we were racing until I launched, and then... I've never seen a car on the street spin all 4 tires through an intersection while passing me and pulling away that hard. Freaking impressive what that much HP will do. This was on a closed course in Mexico of course.
You should have seen the look on kids faces when I blew away their tuner car in my '74 Land Cruiser with a 327 Corvette engine on 34" Super Swampers. Those were the days. You want to talk about a death trap, lol.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR

So my wife was going to get a Trackhawk for her daily, unitl she drove one...
She said she did not trust herself enough to have it!! lol, i was like YGTFKM?!?!

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
You should have seen the look on kids faces when I blew away their tuner car in my '74 Land Cruiser with a 327 Corvette engine on 34" Super Swampers. Those were the days. You want to talk about a death trap, lol.
That reminds me of lining up at a light onto the freeway in the mid 2000's with a Grand Cherokee. I had a pretty good launch in my 350z but this thing blew by me leaving me in the dust. Turned out to be an SRT-8, I didn't even know that they existed at the time, never saw it coming.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That reminds me of lining up at a light onto the freeway in the mid 2000's with a Grand Cherokee. I had a pretty good launch in my 350z but this thing blew by me leaving me in the dust. Turned out to be an SRT-8, I didn't even know that they existed at the time, never saw it coming.
The FJ40 was a little less stealth. With the Swampers it sounded like a B-52 flying by. It was a blast even though it drove like a tank.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Sometimes the dumbfuckery I read is a good thing. I get to see the stupid bleed out of some people. Then I just cruise right on through their future posts. There is definitely a benefit to that.........

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
WOW! did this really happen???

I was disappointed big time with Fords new vehicle having a lame IFS suspension but the engine choices were bad ass. Now Jeep has totally taken even that benefit from them and looks more bad ass to boot. Thank you ford for forcing jeeps hand!!

Will I get one? Probably not. Biggest grip is it needing premium gas. For what I'm using it for it might not be available.

Also for what I'm doing with it, with that engine it would need bigger axles to go with probably the 40s I would put on it.

What hasnt been discussed (I dont think) is having this motor available from the factory allows legal motor swaps in the future. If I change my mind on the motor this would still likely be a cheaper route to go vs selling my current sweetly appointed rig and doing it all over again.

If and when they put it in the gladiator and NOT need premium gas I will definately buy one. If they make a 2 door I will KILL anyone in my way to do it.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Yeah but those motor swaps everyone is doing cost $35k for a Hemi. Even with the loss of selling my 18 it will still be way cheaper to buy a new one from Jeep. Can’t imagine those guys will get any more engine swap business on JL’s at $35k.
I'm not so sure. Maybe if your current rig is stock could be true. If one has invested in setting up their rig with aftermarket goodies and a lot of them it becomes less true or not true at all.

I do like how the new 392 has a beefed up frame though. But even that could be done in the swap.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I'm not so sure. Maybe if your current rig is stock could be true. If one has invested in setting up their rig with aftermarket goodies and a lot of them it becomes less true or not true at all.

I do like how the new 392 has a beefed up frame though. But even that could be done in the swap.
I would agree each scenario will be different but if you have a heavily modified Jeep and all you want is a 392 it will be cheaper. Now if you want that 392 to basically be the same as your heavily modified current Jeep then you are correct, probably more out of pocket.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes the dumbfuckery I read is a good thing. I get to see the stupid bleed out of some people. Then I just cruise right on through their future posts. There is definitely a benefit to that.........
Exactamundo! My sentiments exactly! I like knowing who to pull off the cliffside first.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

I gave most of my rubi takeoffs away and chopped all 4 fenders. I replaced everything in the steering and suspension systems, and definitely wouldn't want to lose all those parts. I'd order a matching Stingray 392, and would need a few days to switch parts between them both. A plus would be having my non painted fenders and hardtop on the 392. :rock:

Drooler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon
Supposedly one can order the 392 with a Mopar 60. Has anybody else heard this?

I’m going to ask my dealer today, but the sales person I work with frankly knows less about Jeeps than I do (and to say I’m not mechanically inclined person would be an understatement).

Thanks in advance.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 1605973337041

If you read the fine print on the Jeep website performance parts my not be installed prior to first retail sale. So you would have to add the Mopar 60 after the purchase.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
1605973337041.png

If you read the fine print on the Jeep website performance parts my not be installed prior to first retail sale. So you would have to add the Mopar 60 after the purchase.
My guess is it will be a retail add not an exchanged price for the 44s

Drooler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon
My guess is it will be a retail add not an exchanged price for the 44s
The ability to add to Mopar 60 axles and put them on the final price/invoice would be great.

There may be cheaper and/or better after market parts, but I suspect those will be tougher to justify on a Section 179 deduction
Sponsored