2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I ordered my Willys on 6/15 and it was put on a rail car on 9/9 with the latest eta to the dealer of 10/20 (3 prior etas). So that would be 125 days or just under 18 weeks. But, Nerubi tells me not to count pre-production time, although ordered, so with that logic it would be about 10 weeks from the start of plant production -- assuming it arrives on the latest eta.
Update: Ordered my Willys JLU on 9/14 and received word (along with photos) 10/27 that wheels are on the ground at the dealership in OH. Now to wrap up financing and delivery to PA.
Sponsored

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Did you get it yet? I would hate to have to follow through on my offer, with tomorrow being Hallowe'en and all.
LOL! Wheels are on the ground in OH. Need to wrap up paperwork and financing, then travel to Pittsburgh (from Philly) to receive delivery. He is pretty though. Looks like I better get started refreshing my stick shift driving because that babyā€™s ready to come home.

979A6F98-5C99-4B03-8D4F-22DE9F218F32.jpeg

577FFFE4-41FD-4905-9FE3-88F07CD2FB32.jpeg

44EAF31E-75C9-4826-95F3-BC01203FF008.jpeg

C25515A0-6D48-40ED-961F-4C0FCE276EDD.jpeg

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I was perusing the threads and saw you were in Philly, so this may be timely. I am right across the river and I ordered my 2021 JLUR Manual from Lucas Jeep in Lumberton/Mt Holly, NJ on 6/18. The order was submitted into the system on 6/20 and it arrived on 9/29. I bugged Jeep Chat in August and believe it probably shipped from Toledo at the end of August/beginning of September. Mine has a Sky One Touch Top which may be out of the ordinary, but all the other options were basic things like towing/cold weather/8.4" Alpine/LED, so these I don't think would have required extra time to throw in Mopar accessory add-ons like the soft top box in the back, or tailgate reinforcement, etc. I also believe that this distance would have required a train ride and based on my research in other threads dating back to the 2018/2019 era when they were new, there is a rail yard south of Chester as well as one up by Newark, NJ that the train would have gone to, and then a truck ride to the dealer. So time to order and complete the build was probably 1.5-2 months and another month for transit. By now I would hope they have the additional Covid procedures dialed in at the factory for the build process so perhaps your wait may be a little shorter. Hope that helps and be safe!.
Hey there, looking to join in the fun with local Jeep groups - so nice to know youā€™re in the area. Thanks for passing along this info. Iā€™ve grown a bit dissatisfied with the auto negotiator Iā€™m working with. After agreeing to pick the Jeep up in Pittsburgh (dealer is delivering to my parents house for free) Iā€™ve since learned there are at least 3 dealerships right in my area who have been doing factory orders since early in the pandemic. Negotiator told me she couldnā€™t find one near me. Also learned she placed my order with a Mazda salesperson sheā€™s worked with for 3+ yrs. Mazda guy for a Jeep order? Seems fishy. Not sure who her client is now. Me or the dealer? Anyway, leaving it up to God now to work this one out for me. I shall be still and wait. And if I need to walk away, Iā€™m more than willing to do so. Will just take my window sticker to a local dealer and see if they can match or beat it. Whatā€™s another 8 week wait when Iā€™ve already waited 8 years. ā˜ŗ

EE46ECE3-292A-4E0F-88B3-2B574CE015CE.jpeg

178F197A-027A-4509-882D-5F8E32151259.jpeg

153705FE-9AAD-4B21-8138-B382F2AEF69D.jpeg

1D461F5F-FF7D-4A36-940B-78D0E274FBE0.jpeg

CJ555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep, YET!
Thanks for passing along this info. Iā€™ve grown a bit dissatisfied with the auto negotiator Iā€™m working with. After agreeing to pick the Jeep up in Pittsburgh (dealer is delivering to my parents house for free) Iā€™ve since learned there are at least 3 dealerships right in my area who have been doing factory orders since early in the pandemic.
Did you try Kate at Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville (about an hour from Philly)?
I am a little north of the city in Lower Bucks County and just ordered from her on Oct 31st.
I was expecting 5% under invoice w/Tread Lightly but we agreed to 4.4% under invoice so I was happy the deal.

Last edited:

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Did you try Kate at Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville (about an hour from Philly)?
I am a little north of the city in Lower Bucks County and just ordered from her on Oct 31st.
I was expecting 5% under invoice w/Tread Lightly but we agreed to 4.4% under invoice so I was happy the deal.
Oh man! I think I may have been suckered the negotiator/dealer duo. I paid full MSRP minus a $1K discount of some sort. Oddly enough, they never did tell me (or note anywhere) what this discount was. Could be making a mountain of a molehill, but something about it just seems ā€œoffā€.

Sponsored

CJ555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep, YET!
Oh man! I think I may have been suckered the negotiator/dealer duo. I paid full MSRP minus a $1K discount of some sort. Oddly enough, they never did tell me (or note anywhere) what this discount was. Could be making a mountain of a molehill, but something about it just seems ā€œoffā€.
Well just be happy you have a beautiful Jeep!
Now that you know about this forum you know youll get a great deal next time. Pretty sure if you are not on or familiar with JLforums.com you are paying MSRP!
But Definitely check out Kate with Coatesville Jeep next time,...or Koons or Criswell if you do not mind a little longer drive to pick it up. (obviously you do not!! LOL)
Either way congrats! Cant wait for my Willys to get here!!

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Oh man! I think I may have been suckered the negotiator/dealer duo. I paid full MSRP minus a $1K discount of some sort.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the "negotiator" charge you?

Later,
Johnny

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
News!!!!!! They just added to additional colors for 2021 lineup I.e nachos and hydro blue

Sponsored

MARISELA76

First Name
Marisela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 dr Willy's
2021 Willys 2.0L Turbo 2-DR
Order date: 9/18/2020
Build sheet found: 10/20/2020
Sticker found: 10/21/2020
Arrived at dealer: 10/27/2020
Total order to delivery: 40 Days / 5 weeks & 5 Days

Was about 2 weeks faster than expected!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 1D461F5F-FF7D-4A36-940B-78D0E274FBE0
That's the same one I ordered 3/20...currently waiting to ship. Can you measure the hardtop window for me? I'm looking to buy a decal. Thanks!

NoVABr0ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S 75D; Mercedes GLS450
New to the forum. Just ordered a Red Sahara 2.0 Turbo with Premium Soft top for the summer and can't wait. Ordered 5/18 and got a good deal about 10% below MSRP. Does my dealer provide the VIN so I can track the build? Or do I find that elsewhere?

Already looking at the list for vehicle acceptance and the stats on delivery times. So helpful! Bought door mounts for my garage wall too so I can take those puppies off! Thanks to everyone here for all the great info. What a community!

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Any news on 2022 production time?
Jeep is building the 2021 model until December 4, 2021 and starting production on the 2022 model on December 6, 2021. We should be able to start ordering 2022's when allocation is release for either September or October. Will know more late in the summer.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Jeep is building the 2021 model until December 4, 2021 and starting production on the 2022 model on December 6, 2021. We should be able to start ordering 2022's when allocation is release for either September or October. Will know more late in the summer.
I know you work at Criswell, but man have I heard all kinds of B.S. from dealers in the past. December seems veeeeery unlikely for MY22 Job 1. I guess with the switch to Mama Stellantis anything is possible, but I'd wait for 2 or 3 more sources to verify that.
Sponsored