Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No kidding, a 392 will spin 42"s a hell of a lot easier then a 3.6l. That has never been my point. you have to go back and follow the entire thread from the beginning. Don't shortcut to the bottom and think you have a grasp on everything.

Now Concentrate! I will try to make my point easier for you to understand. A Stock 392 Has NO greater Off Road benefit then a Stock 3.6L. when you start modifying the 392 with 42" inch tires, your changing the game and your chasing other mods and fixes to do so. I also commented on the issues of increasing the Tire size to 40's and still operating on the Dana 44's is an issue.

Increase power with increased tire size to 37-42's on the same Dana 44's is WRONG. you are throwing in additional modifications to only the 392 in order to prove your point. you can't continually caveat your argument just to try and disprove my point.

Stop with the after market MODS.

Argue the point that the Stock 392 Rubi is better Off Road then the Stock 3.6l RUBI and stop adding Mods. and maybe this can be meaningful.
Who the hell leaves their Jeep stock? Didn't you say you're running 35s on yours? You're a clown.
Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I guess you don't wheel somewhere you need to bump it up big rock walls then?

Because some of us do, and instant power/torque off idle is incredibly important when you're trying to launch up and over rocks
I guess your wrong, I do Rock crawl in Moab and the bump is not an issue, The bounce is the issue with all that power going to those Dana 44's. Did you see the MSRP on another thread? $84,000!!!! that's before taxes and other charges. Then your gonna put an additional $10,000 + in mods. If its worth it to you then fine, your dollar, I'm not impressed with it and I see no benefit over my 3.6l Rubi
Put your money where your mouth is and show your purchase order on the thread if you are all so Gun-Ho about it

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally don't care that the 392 is/isn't better at off roading than a 3.6. It's obvious that Jeep isn't actually intending it to be the ultimate off roader, since it's only available as a 4-door. For this reason alone I'm not going to consider buying one (not that I would want to pay for it anyway). But since you just want to argue then I'll keep playing.

Well, since I haven't personally inspected one yet, all I can go off of is the first post in this thread: "Adopted from the Jeep Gladiator Mojave, a 40-mm raised hood with aggressive appearance and a fully functional hood scoop provide cold air intake and greater water fording capability. It also carries a “392” badge on each side, signifying the most cubic inches ever offered in a Jeep Wrangler."

Again, I haven't physically inspected one yet, so I can't measure it. Also: approach/breakover/departure angles. Or does the end-all be-all 3.6 somehow optimize those also?

I recall reading somewhere that the diesels don't need low range in as many situations. I'm going to call that a benefit, since that's literally seconds of your life you'll never get back.

Wow. You think I'm trying to convince you. Hey wait... isn't your post missing something? Something in all caps about the off road benefits? At this point you should probably just put it in your signature.
"THE 392 RUBI Has NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER THE 3.6L RUBI"

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I guess your wrong, I do Rock crawl in Moab and the bump is not an issue, The bounce is the issue with all that power going to those Dana 44's. Did you see the MSRP on another thread? $84,000!!!! that's before taxes and other charges. Then your gonna put an additional $10,000 + in mods. If its worth it to you then fine, your dollar, I'm not impressed with it and I see no benefit over my 3.6l Rubi
Put your money where your mouth is and show your purchase order on the thread if you are all so Gun-Ho about it
So because you can't see a benefit, there is no benefit? Is that where we are leaving this? Or, are we all dummies' because we will not spend 84K to prove you wrong? If I had of known this thing was coming out, I absolutely would have waited another few months and purchased it. If I have not lifted mine by the time these become readily available, I may see how much I can get for my 2021 and see if I can make it work.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Further, since we're talking stock for stock. The 392 comes with a 2 inch lift. True, you do lose 0.5 inches under the pumpkin. But are you really arguing that 2" of lift is of no benefit off-road?
I'm curious. Why does it lose 1/2" under the differential?

aus-jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I love how you ignored all the other scenarios I mentioned where there are benefits.

I'll say it again...just because you don't see any benefits to your personal off-roading, it doesn't mean plenty of other people don't see them for their own terrain.

Just get over it and change your dumb all caps whining to "I DON"T SEE A BENEFIT TO ME..."

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So because you can't see a benefit, there is no benefit? Is that where we are leaving this? Or, are we all dummies' because we will not spend 84K to prove you wrong? If I had of known this thing was coming out, I absolutely would have waited another few months and purchased it. If I have not lifted mine by the time these become readily available, I may see how much I can get for my 2021 and see if I can make it work.
BINGO! My Dollar! I see no off road benefit! I listed my concerns and get dumped on and insulted by frustrated people who have a Hardon for a Hemi that they themselves won't buy

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love how you ignored all the other scenarios I mentioned where there are benefits.

I'll say it again...just because you don't see any benefits to your personal off-roading, it doesn't mean plenty of other people don't see them for their own terrain.

Just get over it and change your dumb all caps whining to "I DON"T SEE A BENEFIT TO ME..."
Your other points were an edit to your original post and not worth revisiting.
"THE 392 RUBI HAS NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER THE 3.6L RUBI"

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know this thread is headed for deletion because you guys are Too Triggered and overly obsessed with me.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Please let me know where I insulted you. You have chosen not to agree with some factual points that were shown to you and that is certainly your choice. I have yet to see anyone that agrees with you. You came onto a thread of people excited about this option in a Jeep and told everyone that their dream was stupid. Don't be surprised that a few people might get defensive.