Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. My JLU 80th took 2 weeks and 3 days from order to delivery.

Maybe the 80th is top priority. It's definitely a great deal - you get Sahara fenders and wheels, Rubicon bumpers and shocks and the 8.4 infotainment package all for a Sport S price with all the Sport S lease parameters. Plus you get your order quick. What's not to love?
Not sure I would agree on 80th Anniversary editions being a priority, we ordered one on 10/24 and is still at D1 with no progress.

Advertisement

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Oh you absolutely should! You just asked what's not to love and I think I don't "love" the sport diffs, but maybe just me!
Haha ok. My wife will not be rock crawling, mud boggin, or doing burnouts in her Wrangler so I don't think she'll ever notice a difference. I almost fell out of my chair a couple weeks ago when she inquired about if we can get "those bigger tires like some of the Wranglers have". That's extremely out of character for her...but then again the entire idea of a Wrangler is too.

Not sure I would agree on 80th Anniversary editions being a priority, we ordered one on 10/24 and is still at D1 with no progress.
Well lets see what's different about yours then.

Here's mine:

2021 JLU 80th Anniversary edition
Auto, V6
Soft Top
Hella Yella
Cold Weather Group

What did you order?

webechr

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler (Ordered)
Maybe the 80th is top priority.
I’m not so sure, my 2dr 80th ordered on 10/24 doesn’t have a build sheet yet. Dealer said ETA is 11/27 but I find it hard to believe with the holiday next week. Assuming my delivery will be somewhere closer to the 8-10 week range.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Haha ok. My wife will not be rock crawling, mud boggin, or doing burnouts in her Wrangler so I don't think she'll ever notice a difference. I almost fell out of my chair a couple weeks ago when she inquired about if we can get "those bigger tires like some of the Wranglers have". That's extremely out of character for her...but then again the entire idea of a Wrangler is too.

Well lets see what's different about yours then.

Here's mine:

2021 JLU 80th Anniversary edition
Auto, V6
Soft Top
Hella Yella
Cold Weather Group

What did you order?
80th edition
Snazzberry
Dual Top Group
V6 eTorque/Auto
Selec-Trac
Anti-Spin
Cold Weather
LED Package
Trailer Tow
Safety/Advanced Safety Groups
Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
Convenience Group
Remote Proximity
Hard-Top headliner

She wanted it all :LOL:

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
80th edition
Snazzberry
Dual Top Group
V6 eTorque/Auto
Selec-Trac
Anti-Spin
Cold Weather
LED Package
Trailer Tow
Safety/Advanced Safety Groups
Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
Convenience Group
Remote Proximity
Hard-Top headliner

She wanted it all :LOL:
Well I think it's pretty obvious then why yours is taking longer. Certainly this is not a conclusive scientific study but i'm sure some of those options require a trip to the "upfitter" and you probably waited a long time for all your parts to be ready.

I'm adding most of the options the wife wanted aftermarket. We didn't want the beep packages (what we lovingly call the safety packages) and you can't get the LED package without at least one of them. The lighting and other things like the hitch, running boards, homelink...can all be added easily and much cheaper aftermarket if you don't mind doing the work...so that's what we're doing. We're car people and love projects though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Well I think it's pretty obvious then why yours is taking longer. Certainly this is not a conclusive scientific study but i'm sure some of those options require a trip to the "upfitter" and you probably waited a long time for all your parts to be ready.

I'm adding most of the options the wife wanted aftermarket. We didn't want the beep packages (what we lovingly call the safety packages) and you can't get the LED package with at least one of them. The lighting and other things like the hitch, running boards, homelink...can all be added easily and much cheaper aftermarket if you don't mind doing the work...so that's what we're doing. We're car people and love projects though.
Not necessarily, the only upfitter option would be the hinge-gate reinforcement and there have been a couple others that have that option and have been delivered or at least a build sheet. Several others with dual-top group. No rhyme or reason so far, another speculation is the size and volume of dealer/orders. Dealers with high volume getting preferential treatment.

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Nice, there you go! Sounds like she's going to be crawling in no time.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Not necessarily, the only upfitter option would be the hinge-gate reinforcement and there have been a couple others that have that option and have been delivered or at least a build sheet. Several others with dual-top group. No rhyme or reason so far, another speculation is the size and volume of dealer/orders. Dealers with high volume getting preferential treatment.
I have yet to see a vehicle build where a frame-mount hitch is not an upfitter install. First time for everything I suppose.

There definitely could be something to the dealer priority though. Looks like lots of Koons and Criswell orders are going fast.

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to see a vehicle build where a frame-mount hitch is not an upfitter install. First time for everything I suppose.

There definitely could be something to the dealer priority though. Looks like lots of Koons and Criswell orders are going fast.
I wasn’t thinking about the hitch as an upfitter installed option because of the additional wiring, etc.

Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
I wasn’t thinking about the hitch as an upfitter installed option because of the additional wiring, etc.
That wiring SHOULD be installed along with the hitch. Again i'm not up to date on the Wrangler, but from my experience all you need for a "tow package" is a frame hitch and a wiring harness that runs from the hitch frame plug up to the taillight harness. In the past, that's always been done by upfitters, and in some cases, the dealers themselves.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
That wiring SHOULD be installed along with the hitch. Again i'm not up to date on the Wrangler, but from my experience all you need for a "tow package" is a frame hitch and a wiring harness that runs from the hitch frame plug up to the taillight harness. In the past, that's always been done by upfitters, and in some cases, the dealers themselves.
The wire harness connects to the BCM and other modules. There is also a plug to connect a brake controller under the dash that is part of the wiring.

Advertisement

Advertisement