Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof Cost (when not factory ordered/installed)

BlueJLUR19

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue MT
Good Morning,

I have a '19 JLUR with the dual-top group. I was thinking of selling both tops and installing a Sky One-Touch Power Roof. Has anyone done this and/or has anyone recently priced out the parts/labor to do this?

-Noah
Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I second this...thinking about doing the same...

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Good Morning,

I have a '19 JLUR with the dual-top group. I was thinking of selling both tops and installing a Sky One-Touch Power Roof. Has anyone done this and/or has anyone recently priced out the parts/labor to do this?

-Noah
Maybe check with a dealership, as I don't know if you can purchase the sky top anywhere else?

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Good Morning,

-Noah
Why not spend $500 LESS while getting MORE freedom with a myTop?

I seriously can't imagine spending even more for a just a sliding piece of cloth instead of a full retracting convertible top

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Why not spend $500 LESS while getting MORE freedom with a myTop?

I seriously can't imagine spending even more for a just a sliding piece of cloth instead of a full retracting convertible top
I agree 100%! First off, the MyTop is a complete top down including the side and back windows, it all goes down at once! The Material as well as the windows on the MyTop seem FAR BETTER quality and thickness that the factory stuff. I saw one at Ocean City, it took just a few seconds to go up or down. It was fantastic!! Give it a look!

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I agree 100%! First off, the MyTop is a complete top down including the side and back windows, it all goes down at once! The Material as well as the windows on the MyTop seem FAR BETTER quality and thickness that the factory stuff. I saw one at Ocean City, it took just a few seconds to go up or down. It was fantastic!! Give it a look!
I checked this out before I bought my SOT a year ago. I live in central Cali. I wanted them to give me someone's name that lives around me to see what the quality was like. They had no one. The nearest installer at the time was San Diego, a five hour drive. Long way to go if anything goes wrong. I decided not to persue.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I checked this out before I bought my SOT a year ago. I live in central Cali. I wanted them to give me someone's name that lives around me to see what the quality was like. They had no one. The nearest installer at the time was San Diego, a five hour drive. Long way to go if anything goes wrong. I decided not to persue.
I watched every mytop video I could find and scoured the internet for mytop reviews, forum posts as well as messaging everyone on instagram who has a mytop. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
To the OP...I was in your shoes! I had a 2018 JLUR w dual top. Being old, lazy and in GA (sunny and 85 to rain by lunch)...I wanted a SOT. I tried multiple dealers, local Jeep shops who do crazy mods, this forum, etc to get/install a SOT, but no luck. I ended up trading my 2018 for a 2020 and couldn't be happier.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks like the closest to you is in Van Nuys, CA.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueJLUR19

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue MT
To the OP...I was in your shoes! I had a 2018 JLUR w dual top. Being old, lazy and in GA (sunny and 85 to rain by lunch)...I wanted a SOT. I tried multiple dealers, local Jeep shops who do crazy mods, this forum, etc to get/install a SOT, but no luck. I ended up trading my 2018 for a 2020 and couldn't be happier.
Thanks. That is an option but we special ordered our JLUR and love it otherwise. Trying to avoid taking a depreciation on two Jeeps! Not that Jeeps depreciate much.

BTW, I did talk to the dealer about this and the parts alone were over $7k. Plus there are a quite a bit of electronics to replace. I can circle back with them and ask them to finalize the quote but I fear itā€™s going to be $10k. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

I see all the suggestions for the MyTops. That might work. Anyone have any personal reviews for Joeā€™s Jeep Jingle in MD? I see they are a dealer for MyTop.

Iā€™m in PA and not afraid to travel to get the work done (either option) if itā€™s a cost savings. (Once travel restrictions are lifted)

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. That is an option but we special ordered our JLUR and love it otherwise. Trying to avoid taking a depreciation on two Jeeps! Not that Jeeps depreciate much.

BTW, I did talk to the dealer about this and the parts alone were over $7k. Plus there are a quite a bit of electronics to replace. I can circle back with them and ask them to finalize the quote but I fear itā€™s going to be $10k. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

I see all the suggestions for the MyTops. That might work. Anyone have any personal reviews for Joeā€™s Jeep Jingle in MD? I see they are a dealer for MyTop.

Iā€™m in PA and not afraid to travel to get the work done (either option) if itā€™s a cost savings. (Once travel restrictions are lifted)
I know several people who use Joe's. So far they have been stellar and come highly recommended. I do my own work, but for my new JLUR I am going to take it to Joe's as it is getting to be just too much for me these days to do major work myself.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
With the great resale of Wranglers, just sell yours and get a new one. There is no scenario where you're better off installing the top yourself.

Beachy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I wanted a sky top, but worried about the longevity. You all think it will last?

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
My SOT is almost 2 years old and I havenā€™t had any issues. I love it, and living is South Georgia it rains every 5 minutes. If I didnā€™t have it I would never be able to go topless
Sponsored