First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Lockheed Martin Space
If we have the Tazer installed to change settings, will this work with that?

Also, will we be without a vehicle during this process?
Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
The JB4 is a piggyback, and can only modify the sensors that it plugs into. It can also be removed easily with no trace.

The full tune that is offered in this thread requires swapping to an unlocked PCM, but it appears that they have full access to all the tuning parameters. It can be removed with no trace, but would require swapping back in the locked PCM. This is why they are able to adjust throttle mapping (actually adjust it, not fool it like the pedal commanders), and shift points (possibly even shift firmness). I'm not 100% sure what all the piggyback tuners are doing, but a full tune like this could potentially modify fueling, timing, VVT crossover, and many other parameters that I'm not sure if they addressed. https://superchips.com/jeep-flashpaq/
Thanks.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
How does this compares with the Burger JB4? JB4 it seems to have more gains in power. why would one use these product over the JB4?
It's not all about 'peak' power, our flash tuning does WAY more than just add a little boost. Our calibrations work on everything within the PCM and TCM to fine tune the entire package. Fueling, boost curve, mass airflow, spark advance, transmission shift points, torque management, converter lock-up, etc... All of that is adjusted and fine tuned to offer the absolute best driving experience possible. Using a flash tuner also allows you to do other things like recalibrate your speedo for larger tires, gear changes, disable auto start stop, and a bunch of other features for the Jeep like sway bar disconnect, Rear Locker enable in 2-HI, and probably my favorite feature with this Flashpaq for the 2.0L is the elimination of the factory 'reduced power' mode when you engage 4-Low. With our tuner, you get all the power available when in 4-Low, unlike your stock calibration that cuts power in low range.

We tested the competitors tuning option in our Jeep and did confirm similar peak power gains to what they claim. However, the flash tune drives completely different and just feels stronger because of the way the flash tuner can apply. I doubt anyone that was able to drive both options back to back wouldn't choose the Flashpaq.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
If we have the Tazer installed to change settings, will this work with that?

Also, will we be without a vehicle during this process?
There should be no intereference running this with a Tazer, however, the Flashpaq should offer just about everything feature wise your Tazer does.

And no downtime on your end, we'll ship you an unlocked PCM, you swap it out with your OEM unit, then flash it with our Flashpaq.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Is this CARB certified, or will it at least set the readiness monitors? Is there any way to modify the tunes at home, or are we locked to the provided tunes only?
We have not received our EO numbers for the 2.0L coverage yet, but it did pass our in-house emissions compliancy testing for Memo 1A, so it's just a waiting game with the EPA for our Carb coverage.

As for the tuning, the Flashpaq comes pre-loaded with our tunes, we do not offer custom tuning capabilities.

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Great customer support already from Superchips. Received the flashpaq quickly after order. Ordered PCM swap yesterday and it is shipped today. They called to follow up with the details and asked if I had any questions. So far 5 stars for them.
I will update on experience after install.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not all about 'peak' power, our flash tuning does WAY more than just add a little boost. Our calibrations work on everything within the PCM and TCM to fine tune the entire package. Fueling, boost curve, mass airflow, spark advance, transmission shift points, torque management, converter lock-up, etc... All of that is adjusted and fine tuned to offer the absolute best driving experience possible. Using a flash tuner also allows you to do other things like recalibrate your speedo for larger tires, gear changes, disable auto start stop, and a bunch of other features for the Jeep like sway bar disconnect, Rear Locker enable in 2-HI, and probably my favorite feature with this Flashpaq for the 2.0L is the elimination of the factory 'reduced power' mode when you engage 4-Low. With our tuner, you get all the power available when in 4-Low, unlike your stock calibration that cuts power in low range.

We tested the competitors tuning option in our Jeep and did confirm similar peak power gains to what they claim. However, the flash tune drives completely different and just feels stronger because of the way the flash tuner can apply. I doubt anyone that was able to drive both options back to back wouldn't choose the Flashpaq.
Thanks for the information. How long is the turn around for the PCM unlock? Also, any advice in regards of buying a separate unlock PCM and keeping the stock one stock.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Thanks for the information. How long is the turn around for the PCM unlock? Also, any advice in regards of buying a separate unlock PCM and keeping the stock one stock.
No down time for the end user. Once you place your order for the Flashpaq and fill out the form for the PCM Swap process, we should have an unlocked pcm shipping to you within days.

And yes, you can purchase an unlocked PCM outright from us to save your untouched original if you'd prefer. We don't have that online purchase process setup just yet, so it would require a call to our Tech Support team for right now.

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Flash Tune With Superchips Flashpaq Tuning For Jeep Wrangler JL 000AFEA1-6155-477C-885F-5CDFD9B9CA12

When you have to find your flash code on your PCM, it can be kind of confusing. There are two labels on the PCM and you can get a good picture of them with your phone camera while the module is still in the Jeep. The label above is the one you want to find andthe red arrow points to the flash configure code.
Also...you have to install a bypass module that is under the dash above the ODBii port and it is kind of hard to reach with your hands. I was able to use a long flat head screw driver to release the connector retainer clip with one hand while I used my other hand to pull the connector out. It’s tight quarters but I was able to fully install this module in about 5 to 7 minutes.
The other label on the PCM has the Mopar symbol on it and you don’t use that one.

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a picture of the other label.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Flash Tune With Superchips Flashpaq Tuning For Jeep Wrangler JL 09CFA9B9-178D-489F-81AC-F18477125BDA

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
When you have to find your flash code on your PCM, it can be kind of confusing. There are two labels on the PCM and you can get a good picture of them with your phone camera while the module is still in the Jeep. The label above is the one you want to find andthe red arrow points to the flash configure code.
Also...you have to install a bypass module that is under the dash above the ODBii port and it is kind of hard to reach with your hands. I was able to use a long flat head screw driver to release the connector retainer clip with one hand while I used my other hand to pull the connector out. It’s tight quarters but I was able to fully install this module in about 5 to 7 minutes.
The other label on the PCM has the Mopar symbol on it and you don’t use that one.
Thanks for sharing this info, we are going to be putting together a youtube video on all the tips and tricks to the pcm swap process. Unfortunately, some positive Covid tests have forced some 'work-from-home' mandates that delayed the video production process for a couple weeks.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No down time for the end user. Once you place your order for the Flashpaq and fill out the form for the PCM Swap process, we should have an unlocked pcm shipping to you within days.

And yes, you can purchase an unlocked PCM outright from us to save your untouched original if you'd prefer. We don't have that online purchase process setup just yet, so it would require a call to our Tech Support team for right now.
Awesome. Thanks.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I am really interested in this tune but I am concerned about what the Unlock will do to the warranty of the vehicle. Should this be a concern or can it be flashed back to stock in case I have to take the car to the dealership?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I am really interested in this tune but I am concerned about what the Unlock will do to the warranty of the vehicle. Should this be a concern or can it be flashed back to stock in case I have to take the car to the dealership?
The 'Unlock' process is a physical change made within the PCM, so once it has been unlocked, it can not be 're-locked'. The dealer would have no way of seeing that it's been unlocked electronically, however, it may affect their ability to do dealer updates depending on what they are trying to accomplish. In this situation, it may be beneficial to purchase an Unlocked PCM outright, allowing you to re-install your untouched factory PCM anytime you needed to go in for dealer work.

This is an option, we offer the Flashpaq with the PCM swap for the price listed on the website. Or you could call in and purchase the Flashpaq and a 'new' pcm along with it, so you can keep your stock one.
Sponsored