Sponsored

Exhaust leak or something else?

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
Remote started my 2.0T this morning. When I went outside, I could see what looked like exhaust coming out from underneath. After the engine warmed up, I could still see exhaust from the muffler but not from this spot. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Normal? Thanks.

Sponsored

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it might be coming out of the weep hole in the resonator. You would just have to get under there and take a look.

OP
OP
morph860

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like it might be coming out of the weep hole in the resonator. You would just have to get under there and take a look.
Thanks. If it is coming from there, is that normal?

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. If it is coming from there, is that normal?
I believe it is normal for water and some exhaust to come out of the weep hole. I would still check to make sure nothing else is leaking though.

OP
OP
morph860

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe it is normal for water and some exhaust to come out of the weep hole. I would still check to make sure nothing else is leaking though.
Thank you. I'll take a look tomorrow morning when it'll be cold enough to see the exhaust again.

Sponsored

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Thank you. I'll take a look tomorrow morning when it'll be cold enough to see the exhaust again.

My whole assembly before the muffler was loose on mine..

Went under to look around one day, grabbed the pipe and the whole thing moved. To be fair I still have not tried to tighten the clamp hahaha...

trippnk

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray JLUR 2.0L
Did you ever figure out what this was, just a loose fitting... I just noticed my jeep does the same thing when I start it up in the morning. I walk outside and see exactly what you show in the video, a little exhaust stream coming out from under the driver side doors.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I noticed the same thing on my 2020 this morning on a cold start. There are also black marks on the floor of my garage where this area would be if it was in there. Anyone know if it's normal?

SnowyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport S
I noticed the same thing on my 2020 this morning on a cold start. There are also black marks on the floor of my garage where this area would be if it was in there. Anyone know if it's normal?
The jet of exhaust lines up exactly with the weep hole in the resonator, you do not have an exhaust leak. I checked the weather in your neck of the woods and it's cold enough that it is not unusual for you to be able to see the exhaust like this.

As for the black marks on the floor, I'm not sure. If your exhaust is white and it doesn't smell weird (i.e. sweet or very foul) then everything is probably fine. Direct injection engines create a bit of exhaust soot, which might be what you're seeing.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
The jet of exhaust lines up exactly with the weep hole in the resonator, you do not have an exhaust leak. I checked the weather in your neck of the woods and it's cold enough that it is not unusual for you to be able to see the exhaust like this.

As for the black marks on the floor, I'm not sure. If your exhaust is white and it doesn't smell weird (i.e. sweet or very foul) then everything is probably fine. Direct injection engines create a bit of exhaust soot, which might be what you're seeing.
Awesome, thank you! I have to bring it in for a couple of other issues so I just wanted to be sure this was not another problem. Thanks again!
Sponsored