AFe CAI for diesel JL

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Just FYI I talked to S&B and they said they are working on a 3.0L CAI as well. I also asked K&N, but didn't get much more than a "thanks for your interest" reply from them.
Sponsored

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLURD, ā€˜02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Any updates on this or any other intakes? Iā€™m 2.5 weeks into ownership and thatā€™s about as long as I can stand being stock. Iā€™m craving for more turbo noise.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
S&B has been using my vehicle and are taking a long time. The AFE one will be our before S&B.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I wonder what their 3" muffler delete sounds like. If it's not too obnoxious, (and doesn't require a tune), might be interested.

Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I wonder what their 3" muffler delete sounds like. If it's not too obnoxious, (and doesn't require a tune), might be interested.
I am looking at one as well. The comments that I have read from other forum members say it is hard to tell the difference between stock and with the delete...slight change in tone and a bit more diesel rumble (a good thing for me) and no tune needed.

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Any "seat of the pants dyno" improvement?
I haven't done the muffler delete but these types of applications, ie. changes made behind diesel emissions devices, do not affect the engine output. This would only change the tone.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
S&B has been using my vehicle and are taking a long time. The AFE one will be our before S&B.
S&B just told me theirs's will be out NLT Feb '21...maybe sooner. I also asked if it would also have the optional part that integrates with a functional driver's side "hood scoop" like they have for the passenger side on the 3.6 ... the answer was ... "maybe."

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have posted the video comparisons on my IG if you wish to check it out. In my opinion I donā€™t see much if any sound difference between the two

Exhaust Comparison

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
On a Side note, AFe just sent me a scorcher to install and test out as well I will let you know how that is

Jeep Wrangler JL AFe CAI for diesel JL 3C3884E2-CE65-4F18-B7A1-3BCBF99AE09D
Awesome! I noticed AFE is also working on intercooler pipes. Are you testing those as well along with the CAI?

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
S&B just told me theirs's will be out NLT Feb '21...maybe sooner. I also asked if it would also have the optional part that integrates with a functional driver's side "hood scoop" like they have for the passenger side on the 3.6 ... the answer was ... "maybe."
I highly doubt that. Iā€™m the one bugging them asking for updates. No prototype has been tested in my vehicle yet.
Sponsored