Help with rear bumper choice?

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Which models accommodate for factory hitch and lights, AND also have a license plate holder/light? I cannot narrow down my choice. Hell I’ve almost decided to just keep stock bumper for now, and buy a new spare bracket to accommodate a 37” tire and buy the Mopar 3rd brake light relocate kit.
Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Motobilt Crusher rear bumper accommodates the hitch receiver and has an option for being able to mount a pair of 3" cube lights inside of it. The license plate is what generally needs to be relocated to the spare with most bumpers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with rear bumper choice? Screenshot_20200818-094036_CM Browser

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I bought the Warn Elite rear bumper and tire carrier. Solid as a rock with a 37 mounted up and will carry a 40” tire.

674E1810-1456-410C-A3F0-C92D29F49681.jpeg

56D6571F-9F64-432D-A49A-CC5C710D48E5.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I like that for the price.
They have 10% off codes too, so a bit over $200 shipped. I have their high slim fender kit and they were much better than I expected & fit perfect. Also got their 20" light bar/ 4 pod combo and again, very surprized w/ the overall quality. I'll probably end up w/ that rear bumper too, nice that it has a receiver and the reverse lights are recessed back to keep protected.

Sponsored

RobTeazy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Volvo XC40, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'm in the same position. So far I'm leaning towards Expedition One.

https://www.expeditiononestore.com/Core-Series-2-Rear-Base-Bumper_p_461.html
I ordered this one at the beginning of September, and I have been going through a bunch of issues!
Expedition One is just right up the road from me, so I figured I would be able to pick it up directly from them. I spent a couple of days trying to contact them before I placed an order. Nobody picked up the phone there, so I sent a message over Facebook. It took a month for them to reply, by the time they had, I had already ordered it through a third party.
So when I ordered, the vendor originally told me they were 5-10 days, with free shipping. A week after placing the order, they contacted me asking for $200 to ship via freight, direct from the manufacturer. As I said, I live 20 miles down the road from Expedition One. Okay, I decided to pay for shipping, since that is what is shows on Expedition One's website. I also double checked their lead time, and they once again tell me 5-10 days. Several weeks go by, and I still hadn't heard anything, so I contacted the vendor. They tell me it's scheduled to ship 18 November. Okay, I'm a little frustrated, but I can deal with it. Today I contacted the vendor and they tell me that the ship date has now been pushed to 14 December. WTF?! How does 5-10 days turn into three months!?

Long Story Short. If you order this bumper, be ready to wait. Like I said, my ship date keeps getting pushed back. I am seriously considering cancelling my order and going with the Warn.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered this one at the beginning of September, and I have been going through a bunch of issues!
Expedition One is just right up the road from me, so I figured I would be able to pick it up directly from them. I spent a couple of days trying to contact them before I placed an order. Nobody picked up the phone there, so I sent a message over Facebook. It took a month for them to reply, by the time they had, I had already ordered it through a third party.
So when I ordered, the vendor originally told me they were 5-10 days, with free shipping. A week after placing the order, they contacted me asking for $200 to ship via freight, direct from the manufacturer. As I said, I live 20 miles down the road from Expedition One. Okay, I decided to pay for shipping, since that is what is shows on Expedition One's website. I also double checked their lead time, and they once again tell me 5-10 days. Several weeks go by, and I still hadn't heard anything, so I contacted the vendor. They tell me it's scheduled to ship 18 November. Okay, I'm a little frustrated, but I can deal with it. Today I contacted the vendor and they tell me that the ship date has now been pushed to 14 December. WTF?! How does 5-10 days turn into three months!?

Long Story Short. If you order this bumper, be ready to wait. Like I said, my ship date keeps getting pushed back. I am seriously considering cancelling my order and going with the Warn.

Well that sucks. That was on my short list... That's starting to make LOD look like the better option...

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Took a month for a reply yet you still thought this would be a good company to buy a product from. :facepalm:

RobTeazy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Volvo XC40, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Took a month for a reply yet you still thought this would be a good company to buy a product from. :facepalm:
Well, I messaged the manufacturer, waited 24 hours and didn't get a response, so I ordered from one of their vendors. A month later, the manufacturer replied to message.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The Hyline Summit rear bumper has been at the top of my list for a bit. Clean, has d-ring mounts, leaves room for the stock hitch, and accommodates the license plate, with lighting! I wish they offered a version without the sensor mounts, but they do offer plugs to cover em up.
Sponsored