www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

willys all the way. standard rubicon suspension. (lifted 1.75" taller than a sport s) comes with the LSD dana 44 rear. and the bigger braking system. that alone ( braking system) is 850 plus shipping and taxes. you also get the rubicon rock "sliders" and the stickers with a better resale. sport S can be optioned out to the same thing but your more than likely gonna pay a bit more for the sport than the willys package
Sponsored

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Is OP talking about a Willys Sport (very few options) or the better equipped Willys?

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess we all arrive at our answer from a different perspective but I think paying for cosmetic factory upgrades like wheels and stickers is silly when they end up getting replaced with aftermarket parts anyway.

you could get a rubicon take off factory plastic bumper for free any day of the week. I’ve got one. Rubicon shocks and springs, $400. Rubicon wheels and tires $900. The only thing hard to find are take off rock rails for a 2 door. They cost $188 at extreme terrain.
I didn't buy my Willys for the cosmetic differences and stickers, I bought it because of the tires, rock rails, better brakes, better shocks, and standard LEDs. I would of optioned those on a normal Sport S if possible/feasible, I don't need a Rubi/lockers for my offroading needs and wanted the LSD for street driving.

JLEdCeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JL Willys
My 2020 (10/19 build) has a Sport bumper, very different than yours.

C1E3E275-34A6-4BEF-845A-23744094F0BF.jpeg

8AC44DF4-3A1F-4E66-AB92-30180DE5C668.jpeg
Willys 2020 first come with euro bumpers, then when they started the production again in June, euro bumpers no longer available in Willys...

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
if the gf wants black and you get her white, that will establish a certain pattern in that relationship
Disaster!
willys all the way.
I agree, it’s not the color of the Willy’s, it’s how it’s used. A poor man’s almost Rubicon is his Willy’s.
Is OP talking about a Willys Sport (very few options) or the better equipped Willys?
Yes. We don’t know.

OP
OP
2019RubiconNY

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Update:
Went to dealer and purchased a turbo Willys in white. You live once...
Thanks to all for the input I appreciate it

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Get the Willy's...Rubicon good for off roading...buy it, keep it stock and you will have one great looking Jeep...case closed

Duluth Diesel

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s Sport
The Willys has the euro bumper caps. I just cut mine the other day.

A Sport S also can be pretty well equipped.
The full Willy’s has those, but the Willy’s Sport trim does not. The Willy’s Sport is much more basic in equipment.

Sponsored

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
You can get the D44 w/ the Sport S if you select the no-spin rear differential pkg. this also comes w/ Bridgestone ATs vs. the soccer-mom All Season Michelins.
On the Jeep "Build Your Own" website, you can order LSD with all season tires. As a separate option, you can order the all terrain tires, but then it makes you also take the upgraded wheels. So that makes the A/T tires a $995 option?

This is somewhat like ordering the Cold Weather Group, which then forces you to pay $395 for a garage door opener (if manual trans).

PokerMunkee

First Name
Poker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 XK 5.7 QD-II
Anyone else pissed that Proximity Entry isn't available on Sport or Willys? Should be standard on all the models. For this reason, I'm spending extra money for a Rubicon.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else pissed that Proximity Entry isn't available on Sport or Willys? Should be standard on all the models. For this reason, I'm spending extra money for a Rubicon.
It doesn't appear to be too expensive to add for $390, though the kit is back ordered right now:

https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html

You'd also need a dealer to activate it or buy a programmer like the Tazer. I'm not pissed that it's not available though I'd agree that it should be at the price point, a lot of cheaper cars have that as standard equipment nowadays.

PokerMunkee

First Name
Poker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 XK 5.7 QD-II
It doesn't appear to be too expensive to add for $390, though the kit is back ordered right now:

https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html

You'd also need a dealer to activate it or buy a programmer like the Tazer. I'm not pissed that it's not available though I'd agree that it should be at the price point, a lot of cheaper cars have that as standard equipment nowadays.
My 2010 Prius that was $22k new has it. Insane it's not standard when the push button part is already there.

You can seriously add it for $390 and some programming? I'll have to research that. Thanks.