Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Hey Everyone,

I'm headed to northern Wisconsin this upcoming weekend in my 2018 hardtop JLUR. In the (extremely) off-chance that I actually get a deer I am hoping to gain some insight on the best way to transport the deer. Unfortunately my rig is still completely stock and I do not have a roof rack, trailer hitch or upgraded front bumper with bull bar/stinger. I can think of options for attaching a deer involving any of those things, but unfortunately don't have access to them.

Anyone out there end up in a similar situation and successfully transport a deer with their rig? Curious to know if there is a workable solution that involves tying the deer to the hood, the hardtop, or the spare tire in back. I know you are not supposed to put it in the trunk.

Would love to hear suggestions. I am apprehensive about tying it to the Rubicon hood (denting) or the hardtop (breakage) because I believe upper midwest bucks can weigh anywhere between 150-300lbs.

Maybe I just forego pulling the trigger altogether and focus on the drinking and the cards ;)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Kevin
Sponsored

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2021 Snazzberry Rubicon Unlimited (ordered 17 Oct 20)
A huge cooler, quarter it there and transport that way. Otherwise, Play cards and drink. Or maybe have a buddy transport for you.......

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Hood is real bad Idea, heat won't do much for quality of the meat. In all of my jeeps I carried a couple of tarps and put them in the back. If it was a longer trip I carried a couple large coolers then quartered the deer and packed with ice

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Sadly, I didnā€™t fill my lottery tag for this yearā€™s MD bear hunt, but I was going to use a hitch-mounted cargo rack to transport to the check station, then skin, quarter, and off to the taxidermist and meat market. Alas, no bear for me.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Where ya going? Iā€™m hunting in Three Lakes in Oneida county. Jeep is a perfect hunting vehicle, especially with the heated seats, steering wheel and remote start :)

I use an aluminum hitch hauler for any harvests, works way easier and leaves the back for gear.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I went to do some work at my bosses friends house. He just got back from Kodiak where he took out a kodiak bear from 300 yds. Thing stands close to 10ft tall and has 5 inch nails. He said it took 4 shots to take him out!1. I told him we have bears around my area but that I have a 45 in case they ever get too close, He told me to make sure I leave the last bullet for me cause you ain't taking out no bear with a 45!!!

ColsJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
x2 (or 3?) on tarps and the back. I used to do that in my old GC. If you're putting it back there post-field dressing, I don't think there is much chance of it "waking up" ... and if it does you've got bigger problems šŸ¤£

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Get a Jeep hitch from online-($69). 4 bolts and its on. Stick on a hitch haul and youā€™re gold. you can haul one inside on a tarp, but I presume youā€™ll want the heat on for the drive home. Not necessarily good for the quality of your venison. I only use a tarp if Iā€™m within a few minutes drive of the house.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Anybody got anything yet? Opening day in Wisconsin. Not a trophy by any means but meat in the freezer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Any Deer Hunters Out There? E89B6DF0-93C8-4596-B1F9-3141E845D503

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
just flop it over the spare tire. i'm not a deer hunter, but some reason i became one when i got my jl. 2 deer tried to take out my jl in the last 2 months and one clipped my front bumper last year. oh yeah, one tried to take out my 2007 grand cherokee. luckily the bull bar saved my front end. it must be a jeep thing. guess its time for a steel bumper.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Our rifle season is in 6 days. Archery has been going on for awhile now.

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
For any lengthy drive, quarter the deer and putting in a cooler is your best bet. I have the same setup as S2k Chris. Hitch was a very easy install. Otherwise cooler goes in the cab....
Sponsored