MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What do they mean by an antenna on the passenger side near the top of the windshield? I take that to mean the standard regular radio antenna, or is there some other kind of antenna with which I am not familiar?
Some windshields have one embedded in the windshield due to certain options.

Mtjohnson84

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
My windshield is near unsafe at this point. I have full cracks from top to bottom and circular ones as well.

Anyone have experience with the gorilla glass replacement? I will be replacing windshields bi-annually at this rate.
Don't waste your money. I bought a Gladiator with the gorilla glass and it's was cracked from a pebble within 24 hours of driving it off the lot.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass windshield replacement 0712D94D-898C-4A97-B344-7C77BFFC9E86

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I wouldn't waste money on it for the extra money it is still going to crack with the angle of the Wrangler windshield. Seems like a gimmick to me. I have low deductible so I can replace 4 windshields for what 1 gorilla windshield cost.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
I’m contemplating a GG windshield since I got my first rock chip and crack after 1 month of ownership and 1200 miles 🙄🙃😆
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass windshield replacement 5431945A-37F8-44F9-ACE9-88FFFA376CBD

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I’m contemplating a GG windshield since I got my first rock chip and crack after 1 month of ownership and 1200 miles 🙄🙃😆
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass windshield replacement 5431945A-37F8-44F9-ACE9-88FFFA376CBD
You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Don't waste your money. I bought a Gladiator with the gorilla glass and it's was cracked from a pebble within 24 hours of driving it off the lot.
Warranty may cover — maybe. If so it’s worth it otherwise not.

USMCJL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Jeep TJ, ‘20 Grand Cherokee, ‘21 Jeep Willy’s
Occupation
A320
Warranty may cover — maybe. If so it’s worth it otherwise not.
Here you go:
MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY
Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
Damage caused by any other force such as an accident, large debris, fraud, falling objects or other acts of God are not warrantable. The damage from road debris referred to in this section is warrantable notwithstanding other provisions in the Mopar warranty.
Additional exclusions may apply.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Pebbles = covered
Large debris = not covered

Last time a rock hit my windshield, I wasn’t able to measure it in time before it bounced away and hit the next windshield behind me. Not sure how any dealer could refuse service based on this one… “Oh that crack is too large, it must’ve been made by a boulder!” But I guess they also need to build in some sort of “worm their way out of covering” clause, just in case it was really your pissed off ex wife with a hammer! 😂

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
To my knowledge it still isn't available yet. I just had my windshield replaced in August, and the salesman told me that it was, but after I asked him to make sure, he found that the part he was looking at was for the JK Wrangler not the JL.
not true mine was replaced a while back on my jlr
Sponsored