Sponsored

Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Yeah it went up considerably. They were a viable consideration at the low price point, at $499 there are way better options for the same price or slightly higher price point. I'd take the Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Sliders over these any day now.
Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hey there!

Thanks for posting about our Rocker Guards! As materials get more expensive and more difficult to get it inevitably costs more to make these in the end, that is why the price has suddenly gone up on these. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. We do also offer a discount to forum members on any applicable product that we sell! If you would like a quote on them please feel free to send us a PM with your information and the part number(s) and we will send you a quote ASAP! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

-Justin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Hey there!

Thanks for posting about our Rocker Guards! As materials get more expensive and more difficult to get it inevitably costs more to make these in the end, that is why the price has suddenly gone up on these. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. We do also offer a discount to forum members on any applicable product that we sell! If you would like a quote on them please feel free to send us a PM with your information and the part number(s) and we will send you a quote ASAP! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

-Justin
@Quadratec

Materials cost went up by $200 (40%)? Come on...thats a copy pasta response and its obvious. The forum discount was available at $299 as well, thats really not any sort of consolation. These are...or were...budget rocker guards using .105 (weak) tubing (confirmed by Quadratec after the response taking a month, great customer service). They were a viable budget option at $299, they are severely overpriced at $500. Plenty of better options at that price point. This is just greedy.

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
Yeah, I was planning on getting them for my Jeep for Christmas and a few other things, but with the price hike, I'm taking all my business elsewhere. I've had issues in the past with @Quadratec too where something showing in stock, was then delayed and customer service said they had run out and were waiting on a new shipment in a few weeks while the website was still showing in stock. I ended up ordering the lights directly from the manufacturer and had them in 3 days. At $499 (almost $700 Canadian), my options are open to basically any premium brand.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I received my Quadratec magazine in the mail and saw these steps / guards and thought it would be just wanted we needed. The magazine had them listed at $349.99. Went online to place the order and it was $499.99 and out of stock until 11/30. I thought it was a misprint and checked with the online chat. They couldn't tell me if there was a price change, but said the online price is always the most accurate price.

Guess I will need to check these off the list if they are indeed $499.99.

Sponsored

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
It's actually quite a shame. I wanted to order a few things that were branded "quadratec". Might pass on it all now.
I received my Quadratec magazine in the mail and saw these steps / guards and thought it would be just wanted we needed. The magazine had them listed at $349.99. Went online to place the order and it was $499.99 and out of stock until 11/30. I thought it was a misprint and checked with the online chat. They couldn't tell me if there was a price change, but said the online price is always the most accurate price.

Guess I will need to check these off the list if they are indeed $499.99.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Well this post made me feel better about getting a brand new set of these on Facebook Marketplace for $400 yesterday.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
For side steps in the OPs original $300 price point might look at these Oedros. Get good reviews and they have a 10% off code so they come out to just a bit over $200 shipped.
https://www.oedro.com/oedro-side-st..._VXsRXMj3a4rQABL7CPP4iqjaQGbpnNhoCfbEQAvD_BwE
And a 2dr version on Amazon, if it comes up on the Oedro site it will be cheaper :)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFQS31D

I got their slimiline fenders and a light bar/pod set and both have worked out well. Fenders fit perfect and the lights look work well. I will probably get that rear bumper from them too. For a low price point company they have great customer service from what I've seen :)

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Now that I've had mine for a few weeks I can say that I'm still happy with them but I've noticed that the screw heads have started to get corrosion on them. It's just a white flaky powder but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the steel and aluminum causing galvanic corrosion. I'm curious how bad it will get or if anyone has any ideas to limit or prevent it.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i had considered these as well but im not super fond of how they mount to the jeep, especially for $500.

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Installed and pretty happy. These are definitely beefy. I removed the logo sticker though since the bright white didn't match the Jeep. There were two holes underneath the logo sticker for some reason so I filled the holes with the same screws to keep it looking decent.

IMG_6793.jpg
Sponsored