EZTRUNK for JL install?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
From the video it seems that the EZtrunk does not secure the whole cargo area on a 4 door, leaving a gap between back of seats and trunk. Is this the case or does it sit up against the back seats when in use?
Sponsored

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
Would someone please explain to me the purpose of the EZLock?

It's an optional feature of the EZ Trunk?

With the tailgate shut does one need this lock?

Is it like for preventing access by bringing down, say, the back seats of an open rig?

Note: neither putting instructions in the EZTRUNK box nor having them available at their website: unacceptable.
Yes, it is an optional feature. The Trunk comes with a door that is not functioning you need the lock kit to use the door. The purpose is to enter the trunk from inside the Jeep. If you wanted to put something in the trunk but didn't want anyone to see you put it in the trunk. ie... Gun, purse, or a computer. Theives watch when people put things in their trunk and target those that are worth breaking into.

No, you don't need the lock to secure the trunk.

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
From the video it seems that the EZtrunk does not secure the whole cargo area on a 4 door, leaving a gap between back of seats and trunk. Is this the case or does it sit up against the back seats when in use?
We left that space so you can put more stuff between the seat and trunk that is verticle. We are producing one that fills the entire back of the trunk area. That will be for sale in about 6 months. The trunk doesn't get in the way of the rear seats or sits against seats or interferes with them at all. We have just uploaded a video for installing the JKU EZTRUNK. We are still in process of producing other videos.

https://eztrunk.net/video-manuals

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
Well, I tried installing Monday. Same issue-poor instructions and no video. I got too frustrated and put it aside to try again this weekend.
I am so sorry for your frustration. I just uploaded an install video for the JKU. Not sure what kind of jeep you have. Please send me an email if you have any problems installing the EZTRUNK. I will have someone call and walk you through the install. [email protected].

Sponsored

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
Say Jim:

(I rag on the product developer because to provide no (access to) instructions I am of the belief that he has it coming....)

The above circled part...is it possible that it's left over because it's a UHF TV antenna or something, never intended to be fitted on? ;)

Or maybe it was, like to receive new product update downloads....like...gee...I don't know....AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!!!
I think you have a JLU. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I am attaching a manual for A JLU & JKU. I just posted a video manual for the JKU. https://eztrunk.net/video-manuals
We will be posting video manuals for all models. The virus put us behind on everything.

Attachments

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I read that you are making one that fills the ENTIRE trunk area, no gap. Fingers crossed that this will be for the 2 door, with rear seat removed, as well..

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
We left that space so you can put more stuff between the seat and trunk that is verticle. We are producing one that fills the entire back of the trunk area. That will be for sale in about 6 months. The trunk doesn't get in the way of the rear seats or sits against seats or interferes with them at all. We have just uploaded a video for installing the JKU EZTRUNK. We are still in process of producing other videos.

I bought 4door one and love it so far. It would be great if you could offer an upgrading kit to cover entire trunk. Do you have any photo of a prototype or something for the entire trunk version?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON

Thank you for the reply. The product looks great, imo, I would just prefer to have the entire back enclosed. I am looking forward to seeing one that fills the entire back.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Took me and hour and a half to install mine for the two door and I’m as confused as ever, I don’t think I finished the job since I have extra pieces left. Also, as you can see from the picture below the trunk slants down to the left.

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 9A239EAF-55A8-4982-8876-1FE29C7D51E4

Is it because I didn’t install this piece? Manual didn’t say why I needed it. @RMS114300

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? A4000219-0F43-4D25-A386-7B771DD16457

I have these left over pieces and I have no idea where to install them, the picture in the manual doesn’t seem to match my soft top two door JL?

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? C801EB49-5546-4E84-9B5C-7A6D87637FFE

Also, I skipped step number 7. There’s no way the d ring will fit back on there like this!

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 55A92873-4F4F-4572-9F3F-F244C3A61395

Sponsored

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
Took me and hour and a half to install mine for the two door and I’m as confused as ever, I don’t think I finished the job since I have extra pieces left. Also, as you can see from the picture below the trunk slants down to the left.

Is it because I didn’t install this piece? Manual didn’t say why I needed it. @RMS114300

I have these left over pieces and I have no idea where to install them, the picture in the manual doesn’t seem to match my soft top two door JL?

Also, I skipped step number 7. There’s no way the d ring will fit back on there like this!

I have 4door version, and the plastic block in your 2nd picture goes to #8 in your 4th picture. On my 4door, there was a plastic piece with c ring sticking up, and I just plied it off with trim removing tool (you can use flat screw driver) and stick the new block, and the driver side of the top panel sits on it.

The pieces in your 3rd photo goes to the side hole where you bolt the hardtop through, supposedly holding down the front part of the side wing panels. I didn’t install them since I have a hardtop installed and I was not sure if these pieces sit on the hardtop or under it. There are also longer bolts included and the manual says they are for hardtop. The top panel is held fine without them.

I hope this helps some.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 4door version, and the plastic block in your 2nd picture goes to #8 in your 4th picture. On my 4door, there was a plastic piece with c ring sticking up, and I just plied it off with trim removing tool (you can use flat screw driver) and stick the new block, and the driver side of the top panel sits on it.

The pieces in your 3rd photo goes to the side hole where you bolt the hardtop through, supposedly holding down the front part of the side wing panels. I didn’t install them since I have a hardtop installed and I was not sure if these pieces sit on the hardtop or under it. There are also longer bolts included and the manual says they are for hardtop. The top panel is held fine without them.

I hope this helps some.
So you didn’t install the things in the 3rd picture either? I figured the manual was written for a hard top and that’s why I didn’t really understand where they went. I don’t have the same holes in my Jeep as shown in the manual. I think it will work ok without installing them so I’ll leave them out too. Thank you, that helped very much! :like:

Reactions: G13

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
So you didn’t install the things in the 3rd picture either? I figured the manual was written for a hard top and that’s why I didn’t really understand where they went. I don’t have the same holes in my Jeep as shown in the manual. I think it will work ok without installing them so I’ll leave them out too. Thank you, that helped very much! :like:
I think those two pieces on sides are to hold the wing part to prevent them from being plied open. I didn’t see them on their unfold/fold demonstration video, nor the product photo, so I just left them out. I tried to see how they look by handholding them around there and about the same height as the side of trunk, and they didn’t even look like touching the top of wings. Wings are held fine with the top panel of EZ Trunk held by the tailgate. I might try wiggling it later.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think those two pieces on sides are to hold the wing part to prevent them from being plied open. I didn’t see them on their unfold/fold demonstration video, nor the product photo, so I just left them out. I tried to see how they look by handholding them around there and about the same height as the side of trunk, and they didn’t even look like touching the top of wings. Wings are held fine with the top panel of EZ Trunk held by the tailgate. I might try wiggling it later.
Yah it seems secure enough being held closed by the tailgate without the extra pieces. I tried opening it from all sides and can’t get it to open with the tailgate closed. I’m happy with it so far aside from preventing my soft top to push down all the way but it’s something I have to deal with.

spascarella

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
IT
Here’s how I installed this wing pieces. Not sure if it’s correct. I have a 4dr Sahara hardtop.

941F780A-CD87-449A-B7B3-37A1FEBD4B13.jpeg
Sponsored