Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
...does Mickey's Hot Tub before you do (because my front drive shaft was acting up).

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You know your wife is cool when she....
Changes that 40" Micky Thompson while you have a beer.
Pics or it didn't happen...

Sponsored

Velogopher

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bikini Pearl; 2016 Mini Cooper JCW - Thunder Grey; 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman S - Green Park; 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Candy Burnt Orange
I was going to write paragraphs on why she is cool, but I realized bullet points are easier:

• She married me, so she has that going for her... ok, that doesn't count (except to me)
  • We got married on mile 3 of a half marathon on the strip in Las Vegas because she wanted to spend the money on the honeymoon, not the wedding.
  • When we met, she had a 1st gen ('05, not classic) Mini Cooper S, manual.
  • She upgraded it to a 3rd gen, 2015, Cooper S (which turned out to be a lemon - 3rd tranny and 3rd engine within 6 months - she has a law degree, so got that dealt with), then she exchanged it for a 2016 Cooper JCW (also manual).
  • She is a large reason why we have the JLUR and not a new Grand Cherokee, or 4Runner, or Tacoma, because she had always wanted a "Jeep" (and that meant Wrangler to her). I also had a Mini Clubman S at the time, but missed the off-road ability I previously had (Suzuki Samurai, Grand Cherokee (WJ), and Lexus LX-470 (with armor, but crappy AHC).
  • Or maybe it's because she claims (to this day) the beer she had on our second date (an 11% smoked Baltic porter I made) was the reason she married me. She spent a fair amount of our first year of dating helping to build a brewery we opened, with some friends, 6+ years ago and continues to be the voice of (legal) reason for us.

Velogopher

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bikini Pearl; 2016 Mini Cooper JCW - Thunder Grey; 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman S - Green Park; 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Candy Burnt Orange
I understand. I do have pics of the beer part if that helps.
If she's the one drinking the beer, then it just proves your point.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I was going to write paragraphs on why she is cool, but I realized bullet points are easier:

• She married me, so she has that going for her... ok, that doesn't count (except to me)
  • We got married on mile 3 of a half marathon on the strip in Las Vegas because she wanted to spend the money on the honeymoon, not the wedding.
  • She upgraded it to a 3rd gen, 2015, Cooper S (which turned out to be a lemon - 3rd tranny and 3rd engine within 6 months - she has a law degree, so got that dealt with), then she exchanged it for a 2016 Cooper JCW (also manual).
  • She is a large reason why we have the JLUR and not a new Grand Cherokee, or 4Runner, or Tacoma, because she had always wanted a "Jeep" (and that meant Wrangler to her). I also had a Mini Clubman S at the time, but missed the off-road ability I previously had (Suzuki Samurai, Grand Cherokee (WJ), and Lexus LX-470 (with armor, but crappy AHC).
  • Or maybe it's because she claims (to this day) the beer she had on our second date (an 11% smoked Baltic porter I made) was the reason she married me. She spent a fair amount of our first year of dating helping to build a brewery we opened, with some friends, 6+ years ago and continues to be the voice of (legal) reason for us.
Sounds like she has all the qualities of a great woman. Congrats.

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I have no wife! And I just thumbs up on all of your post. Thanks for making me feel like crap. You guys suck! I hate you lucky ba$tards. :crying:

Your wife is most prolly feeling the same way about you cause relationship is reciprocal.

(just joking on the message above save for the last sentence)
Where are the posts of the wife who took the Jeep and see how pleasant those Lucky bastards are!??! 🤷🏽‍♂️😜🤷🏽‍♂️😉

Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Being single had its perks too!
:devil::devil::devil:

I hear ya Steve, but looking at how you guys talk about your missus makes me darn happy and proud! I have never seen any adults gushes about wife AND Jeep like the people in this thread.

Now the pivotal question. Which/who is more important? Wife or your ride? Cause i see bunch of you saying how much you love you wife AFTER she buys you a Jeep or gives you permission to get one. I bet there are a lot of husbands out there that are sitting in the corner sulking cause the wifey wont let him get a Jeep.

(If you say both - your wife should beat the $hit outta you and take all of your possession especially your Jeep, divorce you. Then as an ultimate revenge she would do what Carrie Underwood did to her man souped up four wheel drive with Louisville Slugger.... gee there goes my imagination)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing this thread bumped again, I expected to open it and see

“...when she gives you the go-ahead for the 392!”

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall

We have a winner.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
:devil::devil::devil:

I hear ya Steve, but looking at how you guys talk about your missus makes me darn happy and proud! I have never seen any adults gushes about wife AND Jeep like the people in this thread.

Now the pivotal question. Which/who is more important? Wife or your ride? Cause i see bunch of you saying how much you love you wife AFTER she buys you a Jeep or gives you permission to get one. I bet there are a lot of husbands out there that are sitting in the corner sulking cause the wifey wont let him get a Jeep.

(If you say both - your wife should beat the $hit outta you and take all of your possession especially your Jeep, divorce you. Then as an ultimate revenge she would do what Carrie Underwood did to her man souped up four wheel drive with Louisville Slugger.... gee there goes my imagination)
Obviously my wife’s more important but all things being equal (no kids, financially stable, no legitimate reason not to own a jeep), if my wife wouldn’t “let” me buy my Jeep, there would be serious problems because I believe it would be indicative of a more serious problem. Why would she deny me of something that I love? Is she trying to play some dominance game? Is she that controlling? Is she so insecure that she can’t handle the thought of me having fun with something that doesn’t directly align with her idea of fun or her priorities? Is she so selfish that she thinks its okay for her to have a $45k+ car but I have to drive an economy car? What the hell’s wrong with her?

Hold a gun to my head, tell me I have to choose the wife or the jeep, without hesitation I get rid of the jeep. But that’s introducing a hypothetical third party. Luckily my wife is cool and this is a non-issue.

edit: another way to put this is that I wouldn’t marry a woman who would be the type to prevent me from owning a jeep. That type of woman sounds like the worst type.

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing this thread bumped again, I expected to open it and see

“...when she gives you the go-ahead for the 392!”
Yeah, I showed my wife the video of the 392 and her response was "I'm trading in my Jeep to get that."... SMH.
Sponsored