Sponsored

LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series?

chip887

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 4 door
i have the LOD signatures on my jeep. My 11 year old helped me put them on. Used my bike jack to lift the slider close to position and then was able to bolt them on. I did not do the extra holes on mine (the drilled holes) im in Va and am not slamming my jeep on rocks and stuff. I like them, i think they look good, and passengers can use them as a step. The best part was not having to mess with the body bolts like some other sliders require.
How much of a step does the signature slider provide? I know it will be a little higher than the destroyer, but is it wide enough for an adult to use as a step? Really like the look of the signature slider!
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
How much of a step does the signature slider provide? I know it will be a little higher than the destroyer, but is it wide enough for an adult to use as a step? Really like the look of the signature slider!
Its not huge. But if the person turns their foot to the front it works. My mom uses it when she rides with me. Just be careful when they are wet.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Its not huge. But if the person turns their foot to the front it works. My mom uses it when she rides with me. Just be careful when they are wet.
A little grip tape on the top of the slider and it helps a lot when the slider or your foot is wet. The black grip tape blends in and you can barely see it.

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
I have the signatures, and I am thinking of swapping them for Destroyers. I got the Signatures for the extra strength over the Destroyers, but I have yet to even rub them. And I like the look of the Destroyers more (they hide the pinch seam)...

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? IMG_0572

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I have the signatures, and I am thinking of swapping them for Destroyers. I got the Signatures for the extra strength over the Destroyers, but I have yet to even rub them. And I like the look of the Destroyers more (they hide the pinch seam)...

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? IMG_0572
I just ordered LOD destroyers last week, still no shipping or tracking yet. Wonder what the lead times are? You would think they would email me this time frame.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I just ordered LOD destroyers last week, still no shipping or tracking yet. Wonder what the lead times are? You would think they would email me this time frame.
I placed an order for the LOD signature series through Northridge 4x4 almost 5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation. It will be 5 weeks on Friday. Good luck!

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order for the LOD signature series through Northridge 4x4 almost 5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation. It will be 5 weeks on Friday. Good luck!
Ive contacted LOD direct before to find out that info. North ridge either doesn’t get the notifications or doesn’t let the customer know but I’ve had stuff just show up before. Contact LOD and see if they can help you with the progress. I had good luck doing that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MrFenderpicks

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts to the Frame on these LOD sliders?

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
My LOD destroyers just arrived. Ordered from Northridge on Black Friday.
As far as torque specs, the directions online just state make them tight. No spec is mentioned and that is right off their website.

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
The LOD armor lite sliders are one of the most expensive sliders out there. But then again they are aluminum which is a plus since rust won't be an issue. Overall the install of the sliders was fairly straightforward and they do look and function well. I then ordered the steel skid plates to complete the sliders. While they look well made, I ran into issues right away on getting these mounted.

The skid plates attach via T-nuts that fit into channels in the sliders. Well The T-nuts fit on the passenger side of the Jeep but are too big to fit on the driver side sliders. I contacted the LOD support via email and their overall response amounted to- "The channel may be slightly out of tolerance to fit the t-nut which can happen in the extrusion process. Sending new t-nuts probably won’t work either. You could either grind the t-nut slightly to make it fit, or pop them in with a mallet and then slide them into position?"

Really, this is the response for one of the most expensive complete sliders on the market?? Pretty pathetic response in my opinion. Especially at this price point, I expect things to fit together without issues. And even if one side doesn't fit together, it would be easy enough for them to send some T-Nuts that have been ground down a little. I can verify they are too large to just hammer them into place. Besides, I shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive product but will have the T-nuts ground down. But the pathetic customer support is noted and this will be my last LOD product.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with a better brand that has better customer service.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
The LODs are great and not too bad to install.
I avoided ROAM because rust complaints.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? 20200525_162249

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? 20200525_162238

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? IMG_6782

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
Well, I had the LOD Signature Series sliders on for about 3 months, and I decided to swap them out for the Destroyers. I thought they would look better with my Road Armor fenders. Anyway, I had never rubbed by Signature Series sliders, but on my first trip with the Destroyers, I rubbed both sides. They side lower and wider than the Signature Series. In swapping them, I noticed that the Signature Series is heavier as well.

Signature:

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? LOD Signature Rock SlidersIMG_0573

Destroyer:

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Rock Sliders? Armor Lite vs Destroyer Series? IMG_1773
Sponsored