Sponsored

Rock Krawler X Lift worth the wait time?

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Chevy Z71
Hi all,
I've been saving up $$$ for quite awhile for a quality lift my 18 sahara. After reading for weeks, I've gone full circle so many times it is insane. I finally pulled the trigger on the rock krawler 2.5 X factor lift. During the order process, the 4wps rep warned me that if they do not have the parts in stock then it can take awhile.

They called Rock Krawler for me last week and were told they are still 8-10 weeks out for the parts they do not have in stock (shocks and springs). 4WP guy did warn me so not fault on them. I just cannot imagine a prepaid order taking 2+ months to produce.

Is the kit worth the wait? Am I crazy for waiting this long? Honest opinion should I cancel and hook up with a different company. I wanted this lift because it seems to have everything done correctly in one shot. I'm not a heavy off-roader or anything, I just want things done right this time around. Now the wait time has me second guessing that I should have just gone with teraflex instead. Please tell me, is it truly worth the wait? Also concerned NY will pull the trigger and shut them down partially again which will drag their manufacturing times even longer.
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Hi all,
I've been saving up $$$ for quite awhile for a quality lift my 18 sahara. After reading for weeks, I've gone full circle so many times it is insane. I finally pulled the trigger on the rock krawler 2.5 X factor lift. During the order process, the 4wps rep warned me that if they do not have the parts in stock then it can take awhile.

They called Rock Krawler for me last week and were told they are still 8-10 weeks out for the parts they do not have in stock (shocks and springs). 4WP guy did warn me so not fault on them. I just cannot imagine a prepaid order taking 2+ months to produce.

Is the kit worth the wait? Am I crazy for waiting this long? Honest opinion should I cancel and hook up with a different company. I wanted this lift because it seems to have everything done correctly in one shot. I'm not a heavy off-roader or anything, I just want things done right this time around. Now the wait time has me second guessing that I should have just gone with teraflex instead. Please tell me, is it truly worth the wait? Also concerned NY will pull the trigger and shut them down partially again which will drag their manufacturing times even longer.
My Adventure Series one came in in about two weeks of ordering. Definitely worth the wait, in my opinion.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I went Metalcloak 3.5" game changer and my lead time was 5-6 weeks. Things are taking longer than normal but it was worth the wait for me. If this is the lift you want and you have been saving for a long time, some extra weeks won't hurt!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Personally.. I think it’s worth it. I’m running the Xfactor , love it...... besides you’ve been waiting since 2018, what’s a couple more months....;)

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the general consensus that it is not crazy to wait that amount of time. You all are right, I waited this long, it won't kill me to wait longer.

General semi-related question: If a component were to break and be honored by their warranty (total hypothetical situation, I know.)

Would you be stuck waiting this same lag time to get a replacement part from them or do they expedite those? I do realize this question should be more directed to their customer service but if anyone knew the answer then it would be much appreciated.

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have that exact kit on my Jeep that I installed in the last 6 weeks. Very happy with the quality.
Now, I ordered it online and had the order delayed, then cancelled etc.
So I got the parts list from the RK website and purchased all the components separately. Some from Amazon and a lot from eBay. Had everything in a couple days.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I ran their xfactor on my jk and have zero complaints. Their rrd shocks were great too.

Good support from them in my experience too.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
They are moving into a much larger facility hence the longer than usual lead time. We have that lift on my wife’s JL and will be pulling it soon. It comes down to personal preference but I prefer MC after installing both. Each has their positives and areas that could be improved upon but I really enjoy the simplicity of MC joints and the way their coils hold weight better.

brett

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

If you're looking to get the lift quicker, Northridge 4x4 has all of the 2.5" X factor parts in stock except for the rear lower control arms. With a 2.5" lift, you could install everything except for the rear LCA's and install them when you get them. Northridge states 30 days for the rear LCA's.

In addition, if you use the code: JLWRANGLERFORUM , you'll get $224 off the price, making the total price (without shocks) at $2,019.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They are moving into a much larger facility hence the longer than usual lead time. We have that lift on my wife’s JL and will be pulling it soon. It comes down to personal preference but I prefer MC after installing both. Each has their positives and areas that could be improved upon but I really enjoy the simplicity of MC joints and the way their coils hold weight better.

brett
You staying with Radflos ?

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you all for the general consensus that it is not crazy to wait that amount of time. You all are right, I waited this long, it won't kill me to wait longer.

General semi-related question: If a component were to break and be honored by their warranty (total hypothetical situation, I know.)

Would you be stuck waiting this same lag time to get a replacement part from them or do they expedite those? I do realize this question should be more directed to their customer service but if anyone knew the answer then it would be much appreciated.
I got the X-factor 2.5 inch Max Travel "No Limits" system-TT. Definitely worth the wait and the parts are beefier than your stock parts so its not likely to break that easily.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
You staying with Radflos ?
nope, they are going with the lift. Just a Jeep with fox 2.5s and MC lift and really happy with it. Have another one lined up next month with the same combo. I’ve spent a lot of Fox shocks this month!

brett

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Captain’s log, the 30th of November. Year 2020.

There has been no progress. I have been sucked into a time vortex where the days feel like months and weeks resemble years. I now can recall what it feels like to be a child waiting on Christmas. Will I ever make it out of this time void? It has only been 4 weeks. I may not make it. Death by waiting for jeep lift. If anyone finds this note, please tell my wife and children I love them.
Sponsored