Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
They look good but no drain plug.

Here is the scenario: your in a snow storm, your getting in and out of you jeep lest say (Christmas shopping). Your floor mats start to fill up with water from melted snow. Your windows start to fog up because your heater is vaporizing the water. You want to empty the water but you cant because doing so will dump all the water your trying to remove right onto the carpet your trying to protect.

So I guess Mopar is the only company (on Earth) that includes a functioning drain plug.
I lived in Michigan, the land of lake-effect snow, so I am familiar with snow on floor mats. The last thing I wanted was for salty snow on my mat to "drain" onto the floor and carpet. I would suggest: 1) knocking snow off of footwear when entering the vehicle, and 2) empty to mat before it reaches full liquid capacity. :like:
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I read someone’s post somewhere that after removing the rubber grommets from the floor pan and plugging the Mopar slush mats, water and dirt got into the cabin through the open holes on the floor, causing all sorts of rot and manky smells to emanate from under the carpet.

I live in the Pacific Northwest; it rains so much here that after three generations your grandchildren risk being born with gills. The last thing I want is for water and filth to collect under my carpet. So after reading that I left the floor pan plugged as God intended.

Don't we buy these slush mats precisely to protect the carpeting and interior in the first place...?

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
Went back and forth on this as well...

Liked Mopar price, but ended up getting WeatherTech due to the sides seemed to be a little higher (ie near accelerator and rear mats around center console) and I liked the pattern better. Just installed then last night. Fit seems really good. Happy with them so far.

I watched a couple comparison videos on YouTube to help decide.
Which weatherTechs did you get? I see they have floor liner, and floor liner HP. I've had the regular ones in a Tacoma, loved them just thought they were a little slick. Can't really find what is different with the HP or if they were more rubbery, grippy than hard plastic slick?

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have had Mopar mats for 800 miles now. I cut the drain off the mat and glued a drain plug on the top side mat.

for the price they work fine. Front and rear for $120 on Amazon I believe.

GonnaGetLost

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC 1500, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Auto Mfg Equipment Engineer
Which weatherTechs did you get? I see they have floor liner, and floor liner HP. I've had the regular ones in a Tacoma, loved them just thought they were a little slick. Can't really find what is different with the HP or if they were more rubbery, grippy than hard plastic slick?
I got the regular. I thought I read the new ones were different material, and had the little anti skid “teeth” on the bottom. They were a little more expensive too.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Is there anything better than the mopars, regardless of the price.
I passed on the factory Mopar mats during my factory order and bought the Quadratec mats instead. I had the Quadratec mats in my JKU and I loved them. After 40k miles (when I sold the Jeep) they still still looked great. They have deeper tread and I had to have the rear cargo mat which fits really well. Some will complain that they don't like the green Quadratec logo on the mats but I don't find it an issue. All weather mats are a day 1 must for me no matter what brand you choose.

Cost for me was $256.49 after the 5% forum discount. That was for front, rear, and cargo on a 4 door.

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Is there a fitted rubber mat set? I have Weathertech and they lose their shape after about a year. Had a set of fitted rubber mats in a BMW that stayed perfect for five years.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
mewhere that after removing the rubber grommets from the floor pan and plugging the Mopar slush mats, water and dirt got into the cabin through the open holes on the floor, causing all sorts of rot and manky smells to emanate from under the carpet.
So, the mopar mats plug the hole in the floor (they dont lay over top of it), and the plug recess in the mats plug the mat. The bottom of the mat is not flat, it has a lip that protrudes past the carpet, to seal the mat against the hole in the cabin floor. There are lots of people commenting that dont appear actually seen seen more then a picture of them

If the floormat is not installed correctly, I could easily see crap getting in to the cab. If you take a mopar mat out, remove the plug, and install the mat, making sure to push the mat down to seal it to the frame before inserting the plug, you will not get crap making it in to the cabin/carpet.

FWIW the mopar mats fit as well as weather tech, keep your carpets as clean as weathertec and let you drain water and crap from them without having to remove them from the vehicle. If you live in a colder climat, they are amazing in the winter to drain the salty snow/ice when it melts off your boots (no, you cannot remove all of it before you get in your jeep). If you live in a warmer climate, that doesn't see snow, the benefit isn't there.

Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
So I'm shopping for a set of mats for my new Nacho JLU (before it gets her). Just wondering if you would buy them again if you had the opportunity.
Absolutely. One of a few Mopar overpriced options that I'd recommend. They do what they are supposed to do and fit perfectly.

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have had the opportunity to run both the Mopar mats(currently) and the Quadratec ones. I like them both but find the Mopar ones more functional as they have the drain plug and it works great for the Midwest winters and when hosing out debris from trail runs!! I opted for the Quadratec rear cargo mat instead of the factory Mopar one as i preferred more coverage provided from the Quadratec. I personally don't think you could go wrong with either set of mats.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I dig mine.
After I figured out how they are supposed to be installed and how they work I liked them a lot more.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Absolutely. One of a few Mopar overpriced options that I'd recommend. They do what they are supposed to do and fit perfectly.
Concerning the bolded text, a bit of pre-purchase due diligence saved me a few $$.

By adding the $75.00 Mopar soft top window storage bag to my vehicle order, I saved at least $40.00 when compared to purchasing it online. I was careful to purchase the Mopar all-weather floor mats online for $117.00, though, because adding them to my order would have cost me $165.00.

It's all a game, but sometimes we can gain the edge.
Sponsored