Not open for further replies.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Are you also sitting on the MSRP? The fact the 4xe can now be ordered and we still don’t know the price sets a bad precedent. Thanks.
Jeep is assuming everyone has a wallet as deep as the Mariana trench so we don't need to know the price before ordering.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Are you also sitting on the MSRP? The fact the 4xe can now be ordered and we still don’t know the price sets a bad precedent. Thanks.
I checked the build and price section of Jeep.com earlier tonight and did not see this. I only saw V6, V6 BSG, 2.0T, and Diesel. Did not see 4xe Mentioned anywhere under drivetrain. I'm equally curious about the 4xe, have been assuming it will be expensive like the diesel.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
same bumper survived three accidents and a 70mph deer strike. Man I miss my tj
I can't bring myself to sell it. I told the wife I would with the new JLUR. Maybe if Jeep really makes this happen.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I think the challenge will be durability.

A lot of the Hemi car guys know that if you unleash the beast regularly that things like transmission and half shafts show their weakness. With sticky tires a factory Charger can easily fubar the drive train after a couple hard launches. It is what it is.
I don’t have any experience with the Hellcat, but I have a LOT of experience with hemi-equipped AWD Chargers, and the transmissions have been extremely durable under the worst kind of daily abuse, and we run very sticky tires.

I turned my last Charger in after over 140,000 miles of heavy daily abuse with no transmission problems at all. It was still running and shifting strong the day I dropped it off. My current Charger, now at 110,000 miles, has been the same. Both had multiple hard launches every day of their service lives. That’s typical of our fleet-wide experience over ten years and a couple-thousand Chargers. They have been MUCH more durable, particularly in the transmission area, than the comparatively gutless Crown Vics they replaced.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
That worked out well. After the initial excitement wore off and then Ford delayed the modular/white top, I canceled my order a few days ago. I thought I was gonna find a leftover Recon. Now...^^^^

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ll be the contrarian. I’d be super happy if FCA offered the tried & true, 5.7 cubic inch in a Wrangler. That would work for me...
Cheers all...
I don’t understand why. Very similar if not the same weight, practically the same efficiency in my experience, and the power curve starts low and is WIDE and FLAT. I have liked them both but the 392 is a no brainer to me.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Need to trade in my Rubicon JL for one of these. I think my current 13 mpg is way to high, 8 mpg is what I am more interested in. Hope they put in a bigger gas tank in that beast.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Its a 392 so...Big Block
Small Block. Not the same as the 1950’s big block Hemi’s, including the early 392 big block.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Need to trade in my Rubicon JL for one of these. I think my current 13 mpg is way to high, 8 mpg is what I am more interested in. Hope they put in a bigger gas tank in that beast.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I'm serious lol. I won't complain about gas mileage but I would like to get more than 200 miles out of a fill. Can't have everything I guess :giggle:.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I'm serious lol. I won't complain about gas mileage but I would like to get more than 200 miles out of a fill. Can't have everything I guess :giggle:.
Being sarcastic. If I cared about gas mileage then wrangler would not be on table. Would love to see what these come out as in terms of pricing. Definitely if they price it right, then I'd trade mine in.

Sponsored

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Being sarcastic. If I cared about gas mileage then wrangler would not be on table. Would love to see what these come out as in terms of pricing. Definitely if they price it right, then I'd trade mine in.
I figured lol. Same here. Hoping the price is right :whew:

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I can't bring myself to sell it. I told the wife I would with the new JLUR. Maybe if Jeep really makes this happen.
Good for you. Stick to your guns. I sold my TJ last summer, because I wanted more money to put into my JL. I’ve put all the money into the JL and more — and I wish I’d kept the TJ. Don’t sell it!

505D9D3C-8430-4ED2-BB82-1FA3668AB640.jpeg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It'll probably be starting at 50-55k and get to 70k.
sounds right to me
I’d buy in a two door will stick to diesel for 4 dr

Last edited:

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I suspect the upgraded ZF 8 speed will be fine as well tested in the Hemi supercharged models.
The supercharged Hemi’s get a different (beefier) transmission than the N/A Hemi’s

The 6.4 will get the same 8HP75 as the 3.0, not the 6.2‘s 8HP90/ 8HP95
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.