hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It will be a small production, 4 door automatic only. Also the engine will be detuned to 450hp and 450tq.
With tuner companies soon after :)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm still curious if there's going to be some goofy caveat that had to happen to make this a reality outside of price and fuel economy. Seeing how the current powertrain challenges a lot of the stock components as it is, it'll be interesting to see what else they've done to make this work.
I think the challenge will be durability.

A lot of the Hemi car guys know that if you unleash the beast regularly that things like transmission and half shafts show their weakness. With sticky tires a factory Charger can easily fubar the drive train after a couple hard launches. It is what it is.

I suspect it will be the same on a JLURH. Drive it as it came off the lot and careful when on the rocks over torque shocking the drivetrain - no issues. Put big tires on it and take it into the rocks like a wild man and it is what it is. But even a 3.6L or 2.0L with 35's or 37's will twist axles if you drive them hard.

Good news is the aftermarket is ready for those who push the limits on the stock axles components.

I suspect the upgraded ZF 8 speed will be fine as well tested in the Hemi supercharged models.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
True, but Jeep needs a budget-friendly power upgrade. The 2.7 V6 turbo in the standard Bronco for $1800 is an insane deal compared to anything in the Jeep lineup. If not the 5.7, Jeep needs to get the mythical I6 turbo to market ASAP.

I’m just curious if Jeep will start offering axle upgrades/lockers outside of the rubicon. That is probably the most appealing thing about the Bronco, my build is a base 4-door Bronco with Sasquatch (lockers F+R, billstein shocks, 35” tires and forged beadlock capable wheels, upgraded front axle) auto trans, hard top, V6 turbo, and it’s about $43k. You can get a rubicon wrangler for that price, but it’s gonna come with the 2.0 or 3.6 which on a day to day basis is a huge downside. If nothing else was done right on Bronco, Ford is storming out of the gate with a fantastic powertrain for a completely reasonable price. Which Jeep has lacked for the past 15 years.
Competition is great for buyers of both brands.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Any chance the additional markups don't last long and we are able to get these below invoice? Or at least sticker? The launch edition gladiators also had outrageous markups for a few months after the release but look at them now :).

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Any chance the additional markups don't last long and we are able to get these below invoice? Or at least sticker? The launch edition gladiators also had outrageous markups for a few months after the release but look at them now :).
Factory order it and use tread-lightly.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
We don’t know anything yet...but don’t expect below MSRP pricing within the first six months of production. Furthermore the length of the run depends on whether grandpa Biden is able to control the senate and then accelerate CAFE standards or decrease the gas guzzler tax threshold. This is probably a one year and done scenario....FCA is already buying credits from Tesla....I assure you that will factor into the price.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Was that an option on the launch editions? I'd assume special editions would be exempt from tread lightly.
I’m sure some dealers will decline participation...mine happens to honor it but YMMV.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I’m sitting on all the photos and specs :) watch this space at 1101pm central on Monday night
You are the real MVP, sir. I will be watching closely.

I am low key hyped for this. I'm pretty sure most of my parts will transfer over from my 2019 JLUR. Trade should stack some equity. I just need to see how the numbers will work out for me. I love my orange and would miss my manual trans though. Still, something stupid like this is not only the best kind, but a bit of a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a vehicle I've been bench building in dreams since i was 19. Waiting/ watching patiently and seriously considering. Maybe not right away, but I'm heavily considering.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
We don’t know anything yet...but don’t expect below MSRP pricing within the first six months of production. Furthermore the length of the run depends on whether grandpa Biden is able to control the senate and then accelerate CAFE standards or decrease the gas guzzler tax threshold. This is probably a one year and done scenario....FCA is already buying credits from Tesla....I assure you that will factor into the price.
That's my concern. I'm ok with waiting if I can get below invoice but if this is a limited production I'm ready to pay sticker now. I'm not ready to pay a 10k dealer markup lol.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sitting on all the photos and specs :) watch this space at 1101pm central on Monday night
Are you also sitting on the MSRP? The fact that the 4xe can now be ordered and we still don’t know the price sets a bad precedent. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.