Bag of stuff

TX-Bullfrog

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Hey guys. Just bought my first Jeep in 20+ years. This 2021 JLU High Altitude is MUCH different than my ‘75 CJ-5. Loving it. Anyway, this thing came with a bag of stuff that the dealer didn’t know much about. Some stuff I have figured out through the forum (cover for ACC when windshield is down, “Jeep” hitch cover, wire connectors for accessories to connect to switches, license plate mount, etc). But one thing can’t figure out is this rubber mat thing. It’s very oddly shaped and smells like China. Any idea what it is? Thanks!

image.jpg
Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Its the mat for the "in floor trunk". Keeps stuff from rattling.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

It simply amazes me that a Jeep dealer sells a High Altitude; the most expensive, most highly-equipped edition, but it is too lazy to install a license plate mount, a hitch plug, and a cargo tub liner as a plain courtesy.

I guess at least it was honest enough to not charge extra for free items...

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Welcome to the forum!

It simply amazes me that a Jeep dealer sells a High Altitude; the most expensive, most highly-equipped edition, but it is too lazy to install a license plate mount, a hitch plug, and a cargo tub liner as a plain courtesy.

I guess at least it was honest enough to not charge extra for free items...
Worse yet is that the fools at some dealerships have no idea what stuff is.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Also amazing how many times this same question has been asked. Hey, FCA, maybe a simple label on this mat would help your customers identify its use! Or a label on this bag of tricks to identify its contents and uses.

While I enjoy and have learned much from this forum, FCA customers shouldn't have to depend upon third-party sources like JLWrangler Forum for basic product information!

Rant off/

OP
OP
TX-Bullfrog

TX-Bullfrog

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Also amazing how many times this same question has been asked. Hey, FCA, maybe a simple label on this mat would help your customers identify its use! Or a label on this bag of tricks to identify its contents and uses.

While I enjoy and have learned much from this forum, FCA customers shouldn't have to depend upon third-party sources like JLWrangler Forum for basic product information!

Rant off/
Yes. I hate seeing newbs (like me) asking the same questions over and over on forums, but I honestly looked through the threads and couldn’t find anything and I tried a few searches but without knowing what the thing was called .........
Yes, a small sticker with a part # attached would remedy the inquiry.
Sponsored