First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I had my Jeep in for the TSB yesterday (verification for lack of a better word). My biggest complaint was the 1-1.5 inches of play in the steering which the dealer confirmed and ordered parts.

Yep, I asked if they ordered the correct parts for a 2 door and was assured they did - we shall see. Parts are due in 2-3 weeks from now.
Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I’m getting my second replacement box put on today. Keeping my fingers crossed. My replacement box apparently had issues for whatever reason. The notchy feeling got a little worse and doesn’t drive right.

frostai

First Name
Tristani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Got mine replaced. JLR now drives like a dream, then proceeded to re-install the sector shaft brace as well as a new Tierod/Draglink I had already bought to remedy the problem. The difference is night and day, millimeter adjustments actually work on highway.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
hmmm I was going to look into this. My steering isnt all that bad but I'm not picky either. If I could get it better why not. But it seems the wait is long, sometimes it isnt fixed or even worse, more....thinking it's better to just bite the bullet and go aftermarket.

LabNJeep

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLR, BMW X5
I see a few people advise they expect parts in 2-3 weeks but here in Northern VA, I've now been on the list for the 2 door version since Sept 10. Just wondering if it's my dealer or if there is a backlog...

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I see a few people advise they expect parts in 2-3 weeks but here in Northern VA, I've now been on the list for the 2 door version since Sept 10. Just wondering if it's my dealer or if there is a backlog...
I had my diagnosis done Saturday 9/26
Parts ordered on Monday 9/28
New steering box installed on 10/22

2 door JL, northern California

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Had this completed yesterday. Notice a night and day difference in my steering .

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares
My 2020 JLUR diesel is suffering from the same dead spot, especially when hot. It gets really bad with slop. I have no suspension mods. My dealer says the tsb does not apply to the diesel. I noticed the gear box is a different part number from previous post. When will the tsb apply to the diesel?
@FreddyS - The part for the diesel is not yet available. However, please connect with our team via private message so that we can escalate a case to ensure that you are notified as soon as the parts are available.

I got the TSB completed few weeks ago. Had to bring the Jeep in 3 times to have it done. First they didn't have the gear box in time, then wrong bolts were ordered, and so on... I also have the off center steering wheel issue. Brought it back again, but still off center. Honestly regret getting this done. Its actually worse than before. Should I bring the Jeep back to the dealer or get an alignment at another shop? Thanks!
@huckleberryshin - We are truly sorry to hear that you have had a hard time getting this resolved with your local Jeep dealer. Please send our team a PM so that we can look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Brought mine into my selling dealer today and they said they were only able to order the part once every 30 days. Not sure if this the actual steering part or the whole box.

Jeep is still being serviced so I guess I'll see how all goes once I get it back.

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Search wasn't bringing anything up, but I'm curious if any of you have noticed in colder climates that the steering struggles (almost feels as if there's no power assist) first thing in the morning? Would this TSB address that issue at all?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just to confirm... with the flash update as part of the TSB... did everyone loose their radio presets..? Or is there another way to check to see software version?
I would like to know this too.

Hi All,

If anyone experiences loss of their radio presets after completion of the TSB, please let our team know via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Does anyone know if having the new box with the old screws is a problem? My dealer reused the old screws and I don't want to bring the car back as I don't trust them anymore.
Is length the only difference or are they also a different material?
The car drives fine, but I want to make sure it's not an issue in the long run, especially considering that the fact that screws should be replaced is highlighted in bold in the TSB.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if having the new box with the old screws is a problem? My dealer reused the old screws and I don't want to bring the car back as I don't trust them anymore.
Is length the only difference or are they also a different material?
The car drives fine, but I want to make sure it's not an issue in the long run, especially considering that the fact that screws should be replaced is highlighted in bold in the TSB.
Get them changed. Couple of the original bolts are aluminum not steel. Make sure they change IShaft bolt as well.

Az_RockLander

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
I had my Jeep in for the TSB yesterday (verification for lack of a better word). My biggest complaint was the 1-1.5 inches of play in the steering which the dealer confirmed and ordered parts.

Yep, I asked if they ordered the correct parts for a 2 door and was assured they did - we shall see. Parts are due in 2-3 weeks from now.
Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") DF383F85-2F6E-46EC-802C-E02CB8F34DDB

I completely swapped my steering out and added the synergy sector shaft brace and I have not had any issues.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Get them changed. Couple of the original bolts are aluminum not steel. Make sure they change IShaft bolt as well.
I will think about it. Bringing the Jeep in again just makes me worried they are going to do more damage. I recall @jeep-v saying the old screws shouldn't be a problem as long as driving improves.
Sponsored