First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
My name is Steve and I run DesertDoesIt. We are a fairly new small business out of St. George Utah/Las Vegas Nevada that specializes in seat spacers and seat mount molle panels. We started in late 2019 making Seat Jackers for Toyotas and have recently ventured into the Jeep world. Our goal is to make useful niche products to improve the comfort and utility of your Jeep. All of our products are unique to Desert Does It, designed in house, machined, and powder coated in the US (Southern Utah to be exact).

We have a few products for Jeep JLs and are always interested in adding more products. My business partner Joe has a full machine shop with multiple CNCs lathes and mills, we also have access to plasma/laser/water jet cutters.

Current products for Jeep JL/JLUs:

-Front Seat Jackers - These will lift the front of your driver or passenger seat 1.25" to provide that much needed tilt/bucket feeling.

-Multi Mount Panel (MMP) - Seat mount molle panel to take that unused space under your legs and make it useful.

-Adjustable Front Seat Jackers - After reading this forum and getting feedback directly from customers, we have developed an adjustable Front Seat Jacker to compliment our original Front 1.25" Seat Jacker. The new adjustable Seat Jacker provides .75" or 1" of lift to the front of your seat. We believe this is the perfect height for folks that have an inseam of 32" or less. These adjustable Seat Jackers will be available in Early December 2020.

In an effort to open these up as a solution to more people, I will provide full refunds on used JL Seat Jackers as long as you reach out to me within 30days of receipt. Additionally, if you use coupon code "JLWForum10", you will save 10% on all JL products.

Looking forward to feedback,
Steve
Desert Does It
Sponsored

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I have bad discs (L4/L5/S1/S2) and mild nerve pain shooting through my legs. Ordered two sets of your JL jackers a month ago—noticeable difference on my 40min commute and even on a 3hr each way road trip. If you need any feedback on the adjustable type I’d like to help—don’t have any jackers in the wife’s JL yet and I have to drive sometimes.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
I have bad discs (L4/L5/S1/S2) and mild nerve pain shooting through my legs. Ordered two sets of your JL jackers a month ago—noticeable difference on my 40min commute and even on a 3hr each way road trip. If you need any feedback on the adjustable type I’d like to help—don’t have any jackers in the wife’s JL yet and I have to drive sometimes.
Thats great to hear! I will keep this updated with progress on the Adjustable Seat Jackers. Send me a PM with your order number and I'll work with you on an adjustable set.

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Our Adjustable Front Seat Jackers are officially on presale. These are at the Powder Coaters now and will be shipping on or before December 7th.

We've received mixed reviews on our 1.25" front Seat Jackers and decided to go back to the drawing board. The adjustable front Seat Jackers will give you the option to have .75" or 1" of front seat lift/tilt. We believe this is perfect for those that have a 32 inch'ish inseam or less.

These are made from 7075 Aluminum and come with all new Class 12.9 Hardware (stronger than the factor Class 10.9). Because there are more parts and these are quite a bit more difficult to machine, the cost of the adjustable vs non adjustable is a little more.

Link to the Adjustable Front Seat Jackers

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers & MMPs Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Gladiator Adjustable Seat Jackers - 01
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers & MMPs Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Gladiator Adjustable Seat Jackers - 02

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers & MMPs Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Gladiator Adjustable Seat Jackers - 03

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
In an effort to open these up as a solution to more people, I will provide full refunds on used JL Seat Jackers as long as you reach out to me within 30days of receipt. Additionally, if you use coupon code "JLWForum10", you will save 10% on all JL products.

Sponsored

Simsy71

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
OUTSTANDING product and service! I just received and installed the original Seat Jackers (non-adjustable). I'm 6'1" with fairly long legs and they are perfect! The product is beautifully made, packaged very well and shipped/ arrived very fast. Installation was about as easy as you could hope for given the realities of the locations. I'd had previously used 4 washers and a large nut to simulate the same result but this works much better. Bravo. Thank you Steve and Desertdoesit! Note also Steve was nice enough to refund me 10% after I goofed and didn't apply the original code.

IMG_7640.jpeg

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
So one "set" of these are for one seat, correct?

Just checking before I place my order. :like:

Simsy71

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
arrived very fast. Installation was about as easy as you could hope for given the realities of the locations. I'd had previously used 4 washers and a large nut to simulate the same result but this works much better. Bravo. Thank you Steve and Desertdoesit! Note also Steve was nice enough to refund me 10% after I goofed and didn't apply the original c
So one "set" of these are for one seat, correct?

Just checking before I place my order. :like:
Correct approximately $80 for each seat.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Correct approximately $80 for each seat.
Thanks!

How's things in Lake O ? I am a former Hillsboro resident & Oregon native. Just moved down here to Arizona last year.

Simsy71

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

How's things in Lake O ? I am a former Hillsboro resident & Oregon native. Just moved down here to Arizona last year.
Ah funny. LO has been rainy and the recent ice storm was NUTS! Thankfully we didn't have any major damage or lose power for more than a few hours - others near weren't quite so lucky. You're wise to move south! I'm sure some amazing Jeeping down there too. I hope you enjoy the Seat Jacker as much as I do. Take care

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
APRIL 2022 UPDATE

Based on customer feedback we have discontinued the Jeep JL/JLU/JT Adjustable Seat Jackers. They have been replaced by our Contoured Shorty Seat Jackers. The new Contoured Shorty Seat Jackers are a fixed .75" lift and have an optional Multi Mount Panel (MMP). The discontinued Adjustable Seat Jackers did not have an MMP solution. Additionally the new contoured seat jackers install quicker and provide a more finished look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers & MMPs Jeep 2018-2021 JL JLU Gladiator Shorty Seat Jackers 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers & MMPs Jeep 2018-2021 JL JLU Gladiator Shorty Seat Jackers 4

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers & MMPs Jeep 2018-2021 JL JLU Gladiator Shorty Seat Jackers 7

Jeep 2018-2021 JL JLU Gladiator Shorty Seat Jackers 8.jpg

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
What happens at the rear attach points for the seat? Are there Jackers there or anything different?

Thanks.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
What happens at the rear attach points for the seat? Are there Jackers there or anything different?

Thanks.
Thanks for reaching out. The front Seat Jackers are contoured and angled to limit the angle of the rear mounting points. The slope when lifting the front of the seat by 3/4" or 1-1/4" over the length of the seat rail (20") is minimal.

Hope that helps.

Steve
DDI

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Thanks Steve. So to be clear, there are no changes or brackets or anything added to the rear attach points?

Jlhens03

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
I own a set of these. I’m 6’3” 250lbs ( I only run when I see a buffet) and these have made all the difference. My wife also agrees these were worth every penny as we bought them for both front seats. Paid full retail. Not sponsored. If you feel like you are sliding out of your seat. If your low back, hips, legs hurt while you are in your Jeep these things are for you.
Sponsored