Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I like mine but also notice the above where the never get too a "new" look no matter how much you scrub them.
You probably need to hit them with degreaser...then a high quality sealer/protector something like CarPro or somthing like that...
Sponsored

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Yes I would buy again. My solution to getting them to fit into the drain hole was to heat them up slightly with a hair dryer and work them in. Then I verified looking under and seeing that they did go through the floorboard. No issues at all.

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
Yep, I like the factory mats ok. In my opinion, they consistently look better than Weather Tech mats. My other top choice would be Kagu mats (purchased for a different vehicle from etrailer.com).

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yep, I like the factory mats ok. In my opinion, they consistently look better than Weather Tech mats. My other top choice would be Kagu mats (purchased for a different vehicle from etrailer.com).
They look good but no drain plug.

Here is the scenario: your in a snow storm, your getting in and out of you jeep lest say (Christmas shopping). Your floor mats start to fill up with water from melted snow. Your windows start to fog up because your heater is vaporizing the water. You want to empty the water but you cant because doing so will dump all the water your trying to remove right onto the carpet your trying to protect.

So I guess Mopar is the only company (on Earth) that includes a functioning drain plug.

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
ALSO, ALSO, ALSO.....V E R Y I M P O R T A N T ! !

Under NO circumstance ever buy the stupid cover for the back seat when you put it down. Not only is an incredible pain in the butt to install, but also, being of molded rubber, it doesn't really work well and keeps unbuttoning from the back of the seat....

Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I like mine but also notice the above where the never get too a "new" look no matter how much you scrub them.
I third this. I'm very big on keeping my car meticulously clean. (No i'm not a mall crawler). After a few days I went to clean my floor mats and permanent grey scuffs will prevent them from every looking clean and polished. I would buy them again, but that's only because I am unaware of alternatives that are superior.

For comparison, My honda accord all weather mats have been used for 2 years. When I vacuum them, then wipe them down with detailer cleaner, they look brand new again.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm shopping for a set of mats for my new Nacho JLU (before it gets her). Just wondering if you would buy them again if you had the opportunity.
NO, they suck IMO.
They aren't that deep in terms of having a lip around the edge and the biggest downer for me was the hockey puck that exists where it clips to the floor. That is RIGHT where I rest my foot so my heal was always pitched up. I also never used the drain plug through the mat set up, it's almost gimmicky IMO. I'm not sticking a hose in my Jeep for some dirt on my floor mat. I simply pop the mat out and spray it off.
We run Rugged Ridge in both our Jeeps front and rear and love them. Best Top also has a nice set.
The Mopar ones also get beat up REAL quick because of the smooth surface and hardness of the rubber. Speaking of the smooth surface... way to go Mopar. Yeah all that sand and mud I get on my sneakers while I am off roading... I love resting my feet right in it. Again, the Rugged Ridge shine here since all that crap lays in the grooves between the treads.

At the end of the day these are completely first world problems but the reality is there are way better options out there.

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with them. I like them, they do a good job catching snow and mud. You can still use the drain plugs, so they are easy to clean and empty.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I get mine dirty all the time. I just power wash them. I've gone through 2 winters with lots of salt, slush snow, and they still look great. The last pic was taken today.

I'd buy them again because I like how well they fit and they look nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) 20201112_105216
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) 20201108_092138

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) 20201112_102909

Sponsored

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Yeah, had them in my 2020 and just opted to definitely have them in the 2021 I just ordered. Perfect contours and keep everything pretty clean.

The 2 door I'm trading in has 17,000 Miles and the mats are by no means brand new and black. But I usually clean them fairly often and power wash them and they don't look bad at all. Better than staining the carpet, that's for sure.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I like them because they look cool with a T-Rex skeleton and they were free (had the dealer throw them in) but I would not buy them. I'd probably go with the Husky Exact Fits like I have in my Ram. Those still look great after 6 years and they dont have the drain hole.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I like the fit, but like others say, they wear down quick. No matter how good you wash them, they start looking old, lose their color, and with plenty of scratches. I will most likely go with the Weather Tech ones. Maybe after this winter, when my Jeep turns 3.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ordered mine from the factory, delivered installed.
Love how they catch a lot of the water that comes streaming in from the roof when you open the front doors during a rainstorm.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My Jeep is 18 months old. I like the Jeep floor mats. I wash my floor mats after every trip. I am thinking of getting a second pair. In this modern world when I find something I like, when it wears out I often can't get another!
Sponsored