Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
On the build site ( I’m about to order) for 2021 JLURD there is no option but 4.10.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Based off Jeep's website rubicon has a 4.10 rear gear even with the diesel. There's your problem..
From a dyno perspective, all that matters is roller speed, measured torque at the roller, and engine speed. Everything else is calculated.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
If you do rubicon you can get 4.10 now.
I think that it's been pretty well established that the build site is in error and that the Rubicons are shipping with 3.73 gears.

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Mine had no option for 4.11 when I ordered it.

Here is the issue guys, the tech was wrong and it did NOT show the right numbers while not recording.

I got the Dyno charts from the only 2 runs recorded at the end. Still too good for all you nay sayers

(jealous you got the gasser much? Lmao)

Also before we get anymore wannabe Einstein’s with wack formulas here is the correct numbers it put down at the wheels and conversion to crankshaft (which as I said I’m sure you still won’t believe lol)

Two runs were done and recorded. I am going to average the math on the HP & TQ figures since they were only 1 HP or TQ apart between the two runs it’s easy math.

232.5 Wheel HP divide by 4 = 58.125 X 5 = 290.625 Crank HP

396.5 Wheel Torque divide by 4 = 99.125 X 5 = 495.625 Crank HP

Read it and weap gassers.... or complain something still isn’t right whatever floats your boat hahaha

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 3.0 Diesel on a Dyno @ 396 Wheel & 495 FT-LB CRANK TQ - Video attached 06A15CDC-CCAB-4320-BFC7-BD58CBE290F8

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Yes, but... Did you seat your fuses?
This was mind blowing when I did it today! Nearly all the relays were flopping around barley hanging in there... everything is nice and tight now though. Thanks for the reminder!

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
It works out well closer to 500hp at the crank by my math and the dyno video shows 60hp (lol) and of course no actual dyno sheet.
See update

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I think that the issue most of us have is that history has shown that FCA has an inability to be conservative with regard to performance-related metrics.

No reflection at all on the OP. It seems like the documentation is there; we just still don't believe it.

Now if a second (or especially, a third) member steps forward with dyno-generated corroboration, we may have a hotter motor than we thought - and - FCA has missed an opportunity to crow about it.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Mine had no option for 4.11 when I ordered it.

Here is the issue guys, the tech was wrong and it did NOT show the right numbers while not recording.

I got the Dyno charts from the only 2 runs recorded at the end. Still too good for all you nay sayers

(jealous you got the gasser much? Lmao)

Also before we get anymore wannabe Einstein’s with wack formulas here is the correct numbers it put down at the wheels and conversion to crankshaft (which as I said I’m sure you still won’t believe lol)

Two runs were done and recorded. I am going to average the math on the HP & TQ figures since they were only 1 HP or TQ apart between the two runs it’s easy math.

232.5 Wheel HP divide by 4 = 58.125 X 5 = 290.625 Crank HP

396.5 Wheel Torque divide by 4 = 99.125 X 5 = 495.625 Crank HP

Read it and weap gassers.... or complain something still isn’t right whatever floats your boat hahaha
That looks good and a lot more plausible. Although I'm not sure why the gassers would be weeping, that's around the same HP as the gas motors are making....without the ~500lb diesel penalty....which is why you don't see much performance difference between any of the powertrains.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
That looks good and a lot more plausible. Although I'm not sure why the gassers would be weeping, that's around the same HP as the gas motors are making....without the ~500lb diesel penalty....which is why you don't see much performance difference between any of the powertrains.
Not to mention that in 4LO (where a Jeep really should be) your engine torque is multiplied by transmission, transfer case, and axle gears to get wheel torque. This well exceeds the weight of the Jeep which is all the torque you can really apply any way. All the motors are fine and suit whatever driving style you want.
Sponsored