Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
paq_jeep_18-20_wrangler-jl_20l_hero_2400_x_800-jpg.jpg

Finally, the performance flash tuning you’ve been begging for! Superchips Flashpaq (P/N 3876-JL) now supports 2018-2020 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL. The 2.0L turbocharged engine has been a great new option for Wrangler JL owners, offering good fuel mileage and great torque. But aftermarket support for the platform has been limited, until now! Drivability of the 2.0L engine and 8-speed automatic transmission has been great, but of course, our calibration team was able to make it even better with our all-new Flashpaq tuning.

Features:
  • 25hp/20tq Peak Gains
  • 65hp/90tq Max Gains
  • Improved Transmission Shift Strategies
  • Broader Power and Torque Curves
  • Increased Low RPM Performance
  • Better Throttle Response and Turbo Spool-up
  • 87 Octane, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, Crawl Tune
  • PCM Swap Required
Learn more on our website

More info:

This is a big launch and we have quite a few different places to share this info, so forgive us as we try and get as much information shared everywhere we can. We have created some other videos and the data to back it up, just a matter of getting it shared.

chart.JPG

Here is our before/after dyno charts, as you can see with the tuning the powerband comes on MUCH sooner and our max gains at say 3000rpm are way up there. These results are at the tire, as we test on our in-house chassis dyno's.

Please checkout our website to get more specific details, you can also see our youtube channel

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Sounds interesting. Would be awesome to see a dyno graph as it wasn’t clear in the website if the results were at the engine or at the wheel. No info about 91+ octane tunes either.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Hey guys, this is a big launch and we have quite a few different places to share this info, so forgive us as we try and get as much information shared everywhere we can. We have created some other videos and the data to back it up, just a matter of getting it shared.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Flash Tune With Superchips Flashpaq Tuning For Jeep Wrangler JL chart.JPG

Here is our before/after dyno charts, as you can see with the tuning the powerband comes on MUCH sooner and our max gains at say 3000rpm are way up there. These results are at the tire, as we test on our in-house chassis dyno's.

Please checkout our website to get more specific details, you can also see our youtube channel

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I have the flashcal already. I may look into upgrading.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I have the flashcal already. I may look into upgrading.
The Flashcal to Flashpaq upgrade will be an option for this platform, but it will require the PCM swap in order to flash the performance tuning into your Jeep. Please contact our tech support team for help finalizing the process 888-227-2447

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! Sounds amazing. Thanks for bringing this to market. I think many folks have been waiting years for this release.
The first question folks are dying to know is how does your tune work with Mishimoto air intake and inner cooler pipe and perhaps exhaust.
I haven’t purchased any air or exhaust components yet so your chip is likely my first performance upgrade. However, I am looking to add the above also if your tune supports them. Can you comment on the compatibly?

also...I have etorque...I assume it doesn’t matterif you have etorque or non etorque?

Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I assume this would nullify the factory warranty.... Those are strong results. Is the engine hardened sufficiently to handle the stress?

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s pretty common to add more low end boost on turbo engines to make huge gains. Noticed the total peak power peak increase is mild enough not to over stress the engine. Believe it or not, I am pretty sure manufacturers limit the low end power on purpose for smoother ride and power delivery because not everyone wants more aggressive response down low.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
I assume this would nullify the factory warranty.... Those are strong results. Is the engine hardened sufficiently to handle the stress?
We're not leaning on it that hard, and the internals are more than up to the task of holding the additional power.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Wow! Sounds amazing. Thanks for bringing this to market. I think many folks have been waiting years for this release.
The first question folks are dying to know is how does your tune work with Mishimoto air intake and inner cooler pipe and perhaps exhaust.
I haven’t purchased any air or exhaust components yet so your chip is likely my first performance upgrade. However, I am looking to add the above also if your tune supports them. Can you comment on the compatibly?

also...I have etorque...I assume it doesn’t matterif you have etorque or non etorque?
We have run this tune with and without the Holley InTech CAI and it performs equally well with both. I would imagine but cant verify that it will work with others as well.
I don't see intercooler or exhaust upgrades having any effect on the tuning.

Etorque and non-etorque models are both supported ;)

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Just received an email about this. Pretty excited!

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Is there a price for the Flashcal upgrade and ECU swap? As well as just the outright purchase of the Flashpaq?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have this on my Recon. Night and day difference from stock. Much peppier from a dead stop. I haven't had it off road yet, but I'm very happy so far. Way better than I was expecting. Nice work guys

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I have this on my Recon. Night and day difference from stock. Much peppier from a dead stop. I haven't had it off road yet, but I'm very happy so far. Way better than I was expecting. Nice work guys
This is good to hear. Any issues with installing the new PCM? Also are you running an after market CAI and exhaust as well?
Sponsored