EZTRUNK for JL install?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Has anyone installed this in a JL 2 door yet? They don't seem to show any photo's with a 2 door, was wondering how EZtrunk lays flat when not in use... and if the back tumble seat can still be used? seems like EZ would have to stay in up position with seat in use..another words you can't lay down the eztrunk and still keep the seat available for use. Because snapping the seat back would sit on top of the EZ.
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Has anyone installed this in a JL 2 door yet? They don't seem to show any photo's with a 2 door, was wondering how EZtrunk lays flat when not in use... and if the back tumble seat can still be used? seems like EZ would have to stay in up position with seat in use..another words you can't lay down the eztrunk and still keep the seat available for use. Because snapping the seat back would sit on top of the EZ.
Interested in this as well.

Looking at their instructions, I think you’re right. The instructions show the only 2Dr pictures I’ve seen, and it seems like if the seat is in use, the trunk’s back panel is at least up/against the seat. You might be able to keep it against the seat back and the top of the trunk folded; it’s hard to tell.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Interested in this as well.

Looking at their instructions, I think you’re right. The instructions show the only 2Dr pictures I’ve seen, and it seems like if the seat is in use, the trunk’s back panel is at least up/against the seat. You might be able to keep it against the seat back and the top of the trunk folded; it’s hard to tell.
That would be the only way it could stay disassembled! I think you figured it out, it probably remains flat against the back of the seat until you use it....pop top and swing out the sides.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I finally got a response back for my preorder. The two door is $399. I don’t mind paying that but seeing what you had to put together without any instruction there is just no way I would even know where to begin so idk. I really wanted it to I’ve been waiting. They say their trunk is easy to install but doesn’t look easy.
I’m thinking that the instructions look detailed but not hard. it might look a little daunting but looks like a “one screw driver” installation and im guessing that you could do it. It’ll be pretty cool when you can show it to your friends and tell them that you installed it yourself! Go for it.

Sponsored

Niffer

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante Fe—Putting order in this weekend for Rubicon
I just ordered this for my JLUR, so stay tuned!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I pre-ordered at the Jeep Invasion this summer in the Smokys. Just received yesterday. Email said to refer to their website for installation instructions. No luck with that. So I had to use what brain power i have left and got started on it. Had to remove a panel that came installed on it and put on a more narrow panel to clear the sub woofer. It's "operational" now but I have some spare parts, lol. I'd like to know where the really belong. Kind of frustrating trying to do a quick Saturday job with no instructions or video. Seems to be a very sturdy, secure unit though. Attached picture of "spare" parts

Are you going to the event this weekend? Thinking about taking our two Jeeps.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

2020JLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Hello All, I ordered the 2 door on Friday, got it on Monday to Florida so pretty amazed at the delivery aspect. It was very well boxed and looks to be a sturdy product. The instructions are horrible, poorly written and inaccurate in some areas making me "figure it out" on the fly. Excess hardware and not the hardware included in the instructions sheet so no idea why extra (and before you say it, they are not for a 4 door model etc as these are random screws). I couldn't finish the install and am waiting to talk to them this morning.

It looks like a great product, but the instructions were rushed to market, not to mention they say in bold letters to first watch the installation video, which of course doesn't exist as the website is no longer being used (the .com website, not the other)......so a bit frustrating at the moment.

Also, at this point, I don't think you can fold it flat and have the backseat in the upright position, the seat appears to be sitting on the back part of the folded eztrunk, but yes, I think you can use the seat with the eztrunk up but not extended to still access the back area with the rear gate closed, but why would you need to do that I guess. I will post pictures for folks once all done with the install.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The instructions are horrible, poorly written and inaccurate in some areas making me "figure it out" on the fly. Excess hardware and not the hardware included in the instructions sheet so no idea why extra (and before you say it, they are not for a 4 door model etc as these are random screws).

I couldn't finish the install and am waiting to talk to them this morning.

It looks like a great product, but the instructions were rushed to market, not to mention they say in bold letters to first watch the installation video, which of course doesn't exist as the website is no longer being used (the .com website, not the other)......so a bit frustrating at the moment.
I'm this close to ordering the EZ Trunk...but for the poor, English-as-a-second-language writing in the instruction document, as well as the recurring mention of surplus and/or missing hardware evident in the packaging.

We'll see if the vendor gets their act together. Until then, I'm in a holding pattern.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Will try to install mine in the next couple days or so for the two door. Came with instructions but the color ink was running out that they didn’t bother to replace so it’s faded and hard to read in some places.

@2020JLR I am also missing several screws and got 5 of the same one :mad:

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 35EE3A9D-2123-42D7-8BD7-FDA98A8CF06B

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 8D69DA6F-BF62-42A9-8DE1-757433145465

Last edited:

2020JLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
UPDATE:
I had a call with the company, and I think it was the owner. He addressed my concerns with the instructions and the lack of video, stating the instructions are being re-written and the video is due out any day. He said with Covid, there has been delays and apologized and came off very sincere.

For the 2 door, it is attached at one hinge point on the left and the right, using two of the floor tie down points (you relocate the two tie-downs a couple inches back and they give you the hardware). The fit and finish is all great, and really the only product available that does what it does. I did have issues with the provided, now longer bolts to attach it to the floor. The provided bolts appears to have to much powder coat or paint on the threads and were too tight to screw in, getting very tight, and 'soft' and I feared they would snap. Luckily I had 2 bolts that would work in my house parts bin and I am sure you could buy them at Lowes/HD/Ace.

In conclusion......a nice product that does exactly what I was looking for, and I guess some of the pains of install and the instructions are due to the early phase of the product combined with Covid delays. I am happy with it.

2020JLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Most of the screws needed are already threaded into the plates and the ones in the package are spares. The instructions didn't indicate that of course, but I can see in the upper right corner of your pics that it was the same as mine....for example those two screws for the "wing blocks" are already threaded into your plate....but you may need longer ones depending on the top you have installed, and they should be in the package. Good luck, I think you will like it!

Will try to install mine in the next couple days or so for the two door. Came with instructions but the color ink was running out that they didn’t bother to replace so it’s faded and hard to read in some places.

@2020JLR I am also missing several screws and got 5 of the same one :mad: