Sponsored

Luiscasta25

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
We get no wheel options? Only black? Ugh.
Black allow the brakes to be colder, giving more aerodynamic to the brake cooling system and the larger wheel in black don’t retain as much heat as silver. (no idea what are they thinking)

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Black allow the brakes to be colder, giving more aerodynamic to the brake cooling system and the larger wheel in black don’t retain as much heat as silver. (no idea what are they thinking)
The emissivity of black will increase thermal radiation, but any performance improvement will be negated by a heavier wheel/tire combination.

The 4xe Rubicon wheels are 17" and a similar style to the existing Rubi wheels. I was really hoping for a "2inch mopar lift, beadlocks & 37's" option like the V8 concept, but it's not available (yet?). At the least, an 8" wide wheel should be offered since so many people upgrade tires.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
So I chatted it up with Koons Jeep (Northern VA) fairly recently. The scoop I got...

They ARE starting to take orders
$1000 deposit required for ordering. Is NOT refundable.
Pricing info not released yet so you will not know how much you will be paying at this time. But was told to prob plan your build and add $4-5K approximately to get a ballpark amount.
Incentives, low interest rates, etc factor in at time of delivery not at time of order.

Too many unknowns for me to order at this time. Personally, I do not want to put down a nonrefundable deposit only to find out that MSRP and subsequent sale price are MUCH higher than anticipated, APR gets jacked up, etc.

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
So I chatted it up with Koons Jeep (Northern VA) fairly recently. The scoop I got...

Pricing info not released yet so you will not know how much you will be paying at this time. But was told to prob plan your build and add $4-5K approximately to get a ballpark amount.
Incentives, low interest rates, etc factor in at time of delivery not at time of order.

Too many unknowns for me to order at this time. Personally, I do not want to put down a nonrefundable deposit only to find out that MSRP and subsequent sale price are MUCH higher than anticipated, APR gets jacked up, etc.
Like you, I won't order until I know what the price is. I wish I knew what the hold up is. How can you open up ordering without releasing the price?

Sponsored

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO

$4-5K is exactly what I would expect as a premium over the current models. It's going to be a bit under $7,500. I would actually be safe and ballpark a $6K premium.

Koons has said that they anticipate the same sorts of discounts (6% below invoice) to be available. I am planning on ordering thru them as long as that holds.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
. But was told to prob plan your build and add $4-5K approximately to get a ballpark amount.
If FCA actually delivers these at a $5,000 premium, they'll sell the shit out of them because they'll be $2,500 cheaper than a standard Wrangler after the tax credit. I'm thinking $7,000 - $10,000 more.

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
If FCA actually delivers these at a $5,000 premium, they'll sell the shit out of them because they'll be $2,500 cheaper than a standard Wrangler after the tax credit. I'm thinking $7,000 - $10,000 more.
Again, why would they be priced so far out of line compared to the Pacifica? The Pacifica Hybrid is not a $10K premium.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
So the Fed tax credit is 7500? I will have to look at the state credits too. I really want the Hemi but I like the E Jeep too.

Looks like Colorado has a $2500 rebate in 2021 and Federal for FCA will be $7500. Not bad. It will take the 10k. Might make up the difference.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Ordered a Billet silver 4xe Rubicon from Dave Smith in Idaho. This is the color featured on jeeps web site for the 4xe model. Because I was their first order, they will sell it to me at the invoice price. As others have said, only color fenders and roof are available . Led lighting , premium audio and full time rock trac are standard on the Rubicon model. I added safety, advanced safety , tow , headliner and cold weather packages. $1000 deposit required, but they agreed to refund if the price is way off from the current expectations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Ordered a Billet silver 4xe Rubicon from Dave Smith in Idaho. This is the color featured on jeeps web site for the 4xe model. Because I was their first order, they will sell it to me at the invoice price. As others have said, only color fenders and roof are available . Led lighting , premium audio and full time rock trac are standard on the Rubicon model. I added safety, advanced safety , tow , headliner and cold weather packages. $1000 deposit required, but they agreed to refund if the price is way off from the current expectations.
Congrats on your order. So if you want a hard top, there’s only one choice- body color? And are color fenders standard?

OP
OP
KY_Soldier

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris
I mean - there’s the vanilla 4xe, but I hear you - you’re def being a beta tester for this.
They already ran this setup in the Pacifica. It isn't new tech.

OP
OP
KY_Soldier

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris

Deposit amounts are set by individual dealers. No way they can keep your money. It is a DEPOSIT, not a non-refundable order fee. They don't even have pricing yet, they can't keep your deposit. That would never hold up in court and FCA would come down on them hard if they started doing that stuff as it would hurt the brand.
Sponsored