rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all, Im a newbie to JL forum.

Currently I have a 2014 JKUR"X" 3.5 aev lift and 35s on 17s. when I park my car next to a jlur, the ground clearance at the center of my car is about 5 inch higher!!!

now calculating inf my stock rubi with 32s had center clearance of 10"(lets pretend) i added 1.5 inch tire and 3.5 lift which makes it 5 total.

What ive realized in JLUR the fenders are higher not the rig itself. it might be .5 inch higher due to 33s.

so if I get a jlur and use mopar 2" lift and put 37s. I ill get total 4.5 inch ground clearance at the center which is .5 inch lower than mine. (i know diffs will be 1 inch higher than mine.

Now:
Please correct me if im wrong!

those of you who have mopar 2" and 37s, how many inches is from gas tank skid plate to the ground.

please help as you all rock crawlers know that tire is very important but the center clearance is too important going over boulders.

Thank you all in advance

Can one of you JL with 37 and mobar 2" owners help me out on this?
Sponsored

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
here is mine.
2" mopar Lift
17" ICON Alloy Alphas
37x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Mopar Performance Rock Rails
Mopar Tailgate Kit & Taillight Relocation Kit

IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6647.jpg

IMG_6646.jpg
Nice set up! can we get a no BS assessment on how it handles rides, sounds'? did u lift a JK prior to this? I have a 3.5 metal cloak with all 8 arms on my jk now with 35's and it def rides rough but articulation is amazing. what say you?

Sponsored

AustinE

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JLUR (Ordered)
Nice set up! can we get a no BS assessment on how it handles rides, sounds'? did u lift a JK prior to this? I have a 3.5 metal cloak with all 8 arms on my jk now with 35's and it def rides rough but articulation is amazing. what say you?
I am coming from a 2015 rubicon JKU with a 2.5” rubicon express suspension lift with 35” Mickey Thompson MTZ tires. The 2015 rode like crap. Part of that was due to the tires and the other part was the basic lift.

This go around I spent a little more and got the large fox shocks. I also went with a D rated all terrain tire over the E rated mud tire. The mopar lift comes with control arms to help align the front end. This was a problem on my JK.

So to answer your question, the JL rides much better than my JK and it is also quieter on the road. I can honestly say that the 2” mopar lift and 37” ridge grapplers have had ZERO negative impact on the way the JL rides and sounds vs stock.

It’s still a Jeep tho.

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon & 2010 Jeep Commander
nylSN4j.jpg

w5XlNh3.jpg

as26gJu.jpg

RC 2.5" spacer lift, 37x12.5-17 BFG AT KO2's, no wheel spacers (yet).

Are spacers needed? Also the spare with the light ko2 are you mounting the 37?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
What gears were you running. Rubicon 410 or jku 321?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
nylSN4j.jpg

w5XlNh3.jpg

as26gJu.jpg

RC 2.5" spacer lift, 37x12.5-17 BFG AT KO2's, no wheel spacers (yet).
Copycat! Lol. We have twins. Nice job man. Looks awesome. You won’t need spacers, but if you get any rub off-road just turn your steering stops out a couple turns. Works perfectly. You also don’t need a relocation bracket for your spare. It bolts right on there and is solid and tight. This is the way they should have come from the factory.

8EC8A96B-D7CB-44C4-9AAA-7A50D283726C.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
I've got some 1.5" spacers on the way, but I may leave them off? We are headed back to the Rubicon in June, then Silverton/Ouray in July, and back to Moab over Thanksgiving so I'll have plenty of opportunity for real world testing on my particular setup. If I don't install the spacers before, I'll pack them with me and slap them on if I see fit...

Oh, and I'm not running a 37" spare. No real need for the added weight or complexity (even though it sounds like it just bolts on?). In the event I can't plug the 37 on the ground, I have no issues limping along on the stock 33 to get me home, it only really prevents me from engaging the locker.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I've got some 1.5" spacers on the way, but I may leave them off? We are headed back to the Rubicon in June, then Silverton/Ouray in July, and back to Moab over Thanksgiving so I'll have plenty of opportunity for real world testing on my particular setup. If I don't install the spacers before, I'll pack them with me and slap them on if I see fit...

Oh, and I'm not running a 37" spare. No real need for the added weight or complexity (even though it sounds like it just bolts on?). In the event I can't plug the 37 on the ground, I have no issues limping along on the stock 33 to get me home, it only really prevents me from engaging the locker.
You’ll probably find out the spacers might actually cause some rubbing on the outer flare. You can kind of see how it might be possible with my picture of it stuffed in the wheel well. Nothing that couldn’t be taken care of with a little more bumpstop though.
The 37” spare won’t be an issue. I think a lot of this spare tire/tailgate stuff is overblown.

You’ll love the alpine loop. We have run about every trail out there and it never gets boring. Hit me up when you will be there and we will see if we can meet up.

Last edited:

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to contribute:

Evo 2.5 Boost, shock extensions and drop brackets.
Battle Born Bootlegger Beadlocks 17x9, 3.5" backspacing
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5

I'm in love with this Jeep.

41171621551_018ac93a04_b.jpg
Love it.

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Happy to contribute:

Evo 2.5 Boost, shock extensions and drop brackets.
Battle Born Bootlegger Beadlocks 17x9, 3.5" backspacing
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5

I'm in love with this Jeep.

41171621551_018ac93a04_b.jpg

Damn, that looks perfect!
Sponsored