Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
Here's my question. I have since decided that I (want) that volume control and tuner knob back in my life. Does anyone know the part number for this control panel, pictured, on a 2020 model year vehicle?
There seems to have been a change for this model year, and I can't figure out which one that I need. I figured it out for 2018, but I'm lost with 2020.
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.40.04 PM.png
6SX71DX9AA​
$ 166.10​
CENTER STACK. Upper.
Sponsored

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
Did you have to use a security bypass cable for in order for the J Scan to work? Which wireless OBD II device do you have? I want to get one, just not the wrong one. I am told that here are a slue of devices which are not capable with the J Scan app. Thank you!
I used the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth with the following bypass for Chrysler's Security Gateway Module
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S91VZXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
I’m in need of some help lol. I need a center stack WITH.... volume, heated seats, and no park assist for a 2019 JLU Sport S. I was sent the one in the picture and it would be perfect if it had a volume knob.... can anyone help?
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? image

I need this one below! Like this exact one for the 2019 lol
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? 1602201871500

Last edited:

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in need of some help lol. I need a center stack WITH.... volume, heated seats, and no park assist for a 2019 JLU Sport S. I was sent the one in the picture and it would be perfect if it had a volume knob.... can anyone help?

I need this one below! Like this exact one for the 2019 lol
connect with Benny @AllMoparParts.com He is wonderful to work with. I’ve ordered numerous parts from them. you can find him in the vendor section here on the forum.

Sponsored

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Upgraded my 5" SXM Uconnect for an almost new 7" on my JLU, I picked it up for $400... its off a JT Gladiator (68406031AH) w/ SXM still had factory trial... no issues so far. Synchronized perfectly w/ JLU sport.

Got code and VIN for updates

Initially had the temperature tab button but now dissapeared. Now looking into adding a center stack.

Last edited:

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone gotten the Compass to work after they upgraded to the 7"? I have a non XM radio and im wondering if i need to add the GPS antenna to make it work? I do have one open port on the back of my radio....... There is a Whiteish gray port, blue port, and a redish port. anyone have any luck with this?

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Has anyone gotten the Compass to work after they upgraded to the 7"? I have a non XM radio and im wondering if i need to add the GPS antenna to make it work? I do have one open port on the back of my radio....... There is a Whiteish gray port, blue port, and a redish port. anyone have any luck with this?
You will need some sort of gps antenna plugged into that port. eBay has some generic FCA antennas that should work.

I did not add the antenna. I don’t need the compass. I set it so the clock is in place of the compass on the dash.

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need some sort of gps antenna plugged into that port. eBay has some generic FCA antennas that should work.

I did not add the antenna. I don’t need the compass. I set it so the clock is in place of the compass on the dash.
Oh that's also a good idea haha!

Sponsored

Kalod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
I was able to get mine to work great and super easy to do...then I put the 5” back in and traded the JL in. I can never make up my mind. I guess the 7” goes on ebay soon with the control panel.

Xander

First Name
Xander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I’ve been reading through this thread fairly extensively but I’m still not sure exactly what’s needed if I want to upgrade from a 5” to a 7” that was previously used in another Jeep. I have the VIN, is there anything else I would need? I’m ok with just using the steering wheel controls

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been reading through this thread fairly extensively but I’m still not sure exactly what’s needed if I want to upgrade from a 5” to a 7” that was previously used in another Jeep. I have the VIN, is there anything else I would need? I’m ok with just using the steering wheel controls
Just the radio then lol. And the unlock code from the new unit.

Xander

First Name
Xander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just the radio then lol. And the unlock code from the new unit.
The person I bought it from doesn’t seem to know what the unlock pin code is. Is there any way to find out what it is?
Sponsored