Sponsored

Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit??

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
MC seems recommend replacing the front drive shaft. Add $600
Hey Ben. Just curious - Do you think he would need one if not doing big flex? Not familiar with extended length shocks - could/would he need to include straps to limit? Just trying to learn more myself with this question.
Thanks
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll message him. I live in close by northern va.. this parts Looking killing me haha... I guess I’m buying all this components no wheels and tires for me lol
You will get there man. Keep an eye out for wheels/tires on here in marketplace and on FB marketplace. Many folks looking to move up to 37s+ and make deals on takeoff 35s.

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s turbo 2.0
You will get there man. Keep an eye out for wheels/tires on here in marketplace and on FB marketplace. Many folks looking to move up to 37s+ and make deals on takeoff 35s.
Thank you sir.. that’s true.. I have a lot to think now haha...which one I really wanted.. lifting a jeep haha... especially that full suspension... body lift is so cheap hahah

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
yes sir. Most lift I just want to do is 2-2.5 inches lift.. I’m not looking higher than that.. and that very true it will be a lot of fender tire clearance and that will look awful... I’m not a hardcore off roading anyway just firetrails and but here and there mud nothing too crazy since I don’t want to break my rig and spend some more money.. so if I get that metalcloack kit 2.5 do I still need to buy new shocks???
Yeah, you only need enough lift to clear the size tire you plan on running.

If it were me, I'd get the MC 2.5" true dual with their Rocksport shocks. Those shocks are designed and tuned to work well with their springs. Also, they're very low priced and are great quality.

letank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cayenne, 2013 SL550 , 2021 JLUR, 2021 992C2S
Yeah, you only need enough lift to clear the size tire you plan on running.

If it were me, I'd get the MC 2.5" true dual with their Rocksport shocks. Those shocks are designed and tuned to work well with their springs. Also, they're very low priced and are great quality.
Do you recommend a new drive shaft?

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit?? 1604617933461

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you recommend a new drive shaft?

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit?? 1604617933461
If you plan on really flexing your jeep out, the transfer case side of the front driveshaft could hit the crossmember thats right below and forward of the t-case.

I opted for their driveshaft with the 3.5" Gamechanger.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mopar IMHO engineered their lift for the common JL Wrangler owner who wants to build on looks and have a very capable 4x4. You want an extreme rock crawler like the after market companies can build and write off the cost. Just Empty Ever Pocket

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP, Mopar lift works fine for most folks(normal trails and street) and I like mine ,very good ride. Ebay has the crate for $1100 which leaves you money for a front adjustable TB, rear TB relocation bracket and adj, frt. LCA.
The problem I have with MC lifts is they flex to much which leads to driveshaft replacement(there recommendation) and aftermarket wheels that stick the tires past the fenders and screws up the scrub radius( bad for bearings and ball joints). Many folks get tire rub on the stock fender liners and remove them with the added expense of after market inner fender liners.
What wheel offset offers the best scrub radius that’s easy on bearings for 37” tires?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
OP, Mopar lift works fine for most folks (normal trails and street) and I like mine ,very good ride. Ebay has the crate for $1100 which leaves you money for a front adjustable TB, rear TB relocation bracket and adj, frt. LCA.
X2

There's a LOT of discussion on this topic, with some guys providing a laundry list of additional parts they consider essential, but my Mopar lift drove perfectly after it left the dealer.

Others have complained about multiple steering challenges. YMMV.

My gut check is this: there is some variance in Jeeps. Some 2018 and 2019 had steering challenges that were amplified when lifts were installed, but there's an equal or larger number of folks like me who left the dealer after the installation with a jeep driving better that it was driving when it went in. The dealer's responsibility for the installation and related warranty support are the reasons I had the dealer do the work.

I've since added the Yeti and adjustable control arms and it's even better. My brother also has a 2019. He went with a Teraflex 3.5" lift, some Yeti/SteerSmarts components, and Falcon shocks, and his Jeep feels even better than mine. His shocks are firmer than mine even on the softest setting, so he doesn't have the sag and shift when he takes off, and he has less flex and body roll.

Sponsored

letank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cayenne, 2013 SL550 , 2021 JLUR, 2021 992C2S
If you plan on really flexing your jeep out, the transfer case side of the front driveshaft could hit the crossmember thats right below and forward of the t-case.

I opted for their driveshaft with the 3.5" Gamechanger.
This will be my winter/bad weather car in NYC so I should be fine without a new drive shaft correct? 0% going off road. Thanks in advance for chiming in.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what a Mopar 2.5 lift and 33" tires looks like on a 2021 Willys. My shop has installed a lot of these and did not recommend any other parts unless there are real steering issues. They said with only 33" tires they have not heard of
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit?? 20201002_132958
any complaints.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This will be my winter/bad weather car in NYC so I should be fine without a new drive shaft correct? 0% going off road. Thanks in advance for chiming in.
If you just want look, and will NEVER use the jeep the way it was intended, you'll be fine.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, for your intended use, you'll be fine without a new front drive shaft. And you'll still be able to do plenty of off road flexing, if the mood should arise. Only concern would be at closer to full front axle droop.

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s turbo 2.0
Here's what a Mopar 2.5 lift and 33" tires looks like on a 2021 Willys. My shop has installed a lot of these and did not recommend any other parts unless there are real steering issues. They said with only 33" tires they have not heard of
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit?? 20201002_132958
any complaints.
nice rig sir... how they perform on and off the road ?? Any sagging??
Sponsored