Wharton State Forest NJ

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Me and a afew friends are taking the Jeeps down to Wharton this Saturday. Has anyone had any experience there? Is there any kind of map I can get?
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
The Gaia GPS map app has detailed map data for that area. The free version works great as long as you have cellular data service. Otherwise you need a subscription so that you can download maps for offline use. Even better, if you have an IPhone, you can use CarPlay to display the map on your 8.4 screen.

Later,
Johnny

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Me and a afew friends are taking the Jeeps down to Wharton this Saturday. Has anyone had any experience there? Is there any kind of map I can get?
Go there at least 2 times a month. Download the map. You will lose cell service very quickly. Be careful with the water holes with all the recent rain they are deep and it is very soft sand as is.

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
thanks any advice on good places to start off?
Start off at Atison ranger station. It takes you into the woods then branches off after that. Easier to start there. There is some entrances off 206 but unless you’ve been there it’s easy to get lost.

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Start off at Atison ranger station. It takes you into the woods then branches off after that. Easier to start there. There is some entrances off 206 but unless you’ve been there it’s easy to get lost.
okay yeah we will start ate the ranger station then

Sponsored

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
A place where I knew a guy with your last name and first initial. So instead of saying "how have you been", I'll just say "nice to meet you."

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A place where I knew a guy with your last name and first initial. So instead of saying "how have you been", I'll just say "nice to meet you."
Lmao well nice to meet u too

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
If you get to the ranger station around 10 there is always groups going out. I’ve joined them a few times. I’d be surprised if they told you no. It’s usually about a 4-5 hour ride. The groups always have a trail leader that is very familiar with the area. It’s a mix of vehicles as well.

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE, 2018 Tesla X LR
Anyone going to Wharton state park coming weekends?

How can we make this a pinned thread for planning/discussing Wharton state park?
Sponsored