Sponsored

Quake LED Taillight (QTE1026) for JL Wrangler...Start Up Animation... Sequential Turn Signal...Plug'n'Play...No Dash Errors!

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
New drinking game. Every time he says "alright guys" take a shot. Try not to get liver damage..
We are going to have to add the "shot tally" at the bottom of any future videos to make it a thing!
Sponsored

McRich.45

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife has 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon & I have JT Gladiator
Pruitts,

Thanks for the share!

A few things to mention:

While these lights might look identical, they are quite different. It is very common practice for companies, like this one above, to steal existing molds and designs in the industry and mass produce them with poor quality components that do not function or hold up to use over time.

This taillight above, as mentioned, does not have the additional harness for the blind spot monitor, even though their photos show our version that does incorporate that feature.

We included the optional "light-hacker" wiring for the sequential turn signal, a big safety feature that they have not figured out, as the top comments show, "will not work with American jeeps."

Ours don't have issues with the start up animation (they must not have figured that part out either) and we are shipping today, no two week wait time.

We understand more than anyone that these very affordable products look the same to someone that doesn't know the difference, but that is not the case in reality.

With that said, we would never wish anything bad upon any product that you choose to go with, and in fact wish you luck with the new set they will HOPEFULLY deliver in the next couple weeks, as we agree that we have succeeded in making a very cool taillight!
I have to say I agree with the above statement. I bought a cheap set and had issues all around, I can't call out just one. There is no doubt that you get what you pay for. Plenty of people will always try and fabricate a cheap version so never go with cheap because, in the end, you will pay more.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
These are GREAT but I'm selling the Wrangler and buying a Gladiator, when will you have something similar for the Gladiator ?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Goes without saying, that you get what you pay for. Way to keep it classy Quake LED. I like how you handled it.
I agree, they handled that answer well. I think it was 3 years or so ago at the SEMA show in Vegas that some of the guys from Rugged Ridge were walking around and noticed at least one company from China offering exact duplicates of their patented products. A few calls later and the US Marshals showed up, confiscated the parts, laptops, cell phones and arrested the people at the booth(s).

Two years ago a buddy of mine bought a $26K off road tear drop trailer. Since it was the 1st one they sold, they used his rig for their marketing and photos of his Jeep and the trailer were in their brochures and website. Not long after someone told me to check out how cheap trailers were on Alibaba (Chinese web site featuring hundreds, perhaps thousands of Chinese companies and their products). Low a behold was a company selling a clone of his trailer for $5K if you bought 5 plus shipping. They used the exact same photos of my friends Jeep and trailer for their ad on Alibaba.

I also know a vendor that shows at many of the Jeep Invasions and shows nationwide. He sells a truckload of his product each show and actually sells out. He says that Chinese companies clone his product and put it on Amazon for half the price. As fast as he has Amazon remove the listing, they start up another one with a different company name. He says the theft is never ending and it's almost a full time job to slow it down with Amazon.

This is rampant in the industry and is fueled by the cheapskates out there that buy the inferior stuff then bitch about it after they've been taken. I try to buy from reputable companies and all of the parts on my rig come from brand name folks, not the Amazon and Ebay knock offs. Buy from an American company and protect American jobs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
These are GREAT but I'm selling the Wrangler and buying a Gladiator, when will you have something similar for the Gladiator ?
Steelponycowboy,

You're in luck! We actually have a set of taillights very similar to these for the gladiator. They have a metal housing, super bright reverse light, and a bunch of cool features including the sequential turn signal "light hacker" wiring and a bottle opener on the side.

Product link: https://www.quakeled.com/product/jeep-gladiator-jt-step-led-tail-lights

Promo Video:

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I checked out your link to the Gladiator tail lights. While nice, they just don't have the cool factor the JL ones have. I never did care that much for the round LED lights people put on the back of their CJs and Wranglers. I'd really like to see something more like what you have for the JL for the JT. I appreciate your response but I'm just not a buyer for the current JT style LED lights you offer.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
I checked out your link to the Gladiator tail lights. While nice, they just don't have the cool factor the JL ones have. I never did care that much for the round LED lights people put on the back of their CJs and Wranglers. I'd really like to see something more like what you have for the JL for the JT. I appreciate your response but I'm just not a buyer for the current JT style LED lights you offer.
Mike,

We were going for something different and new. Have had a good response and sold quite a few sets but understand its not for everyone. We will be launching other Gladiator taillights soon. Just stay tuned. Quake Releases new products often.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation

Sponsored

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep JLUS, '23 2500 Duramax, 23’ RAM 1500
Occupation
Operator Maintenance Technician III
Howi,

If you have a European Jeep, they have designated amber turn signal circuits that are more than just flashing the brake light, so "light hacker" mode would actually be plug and play for you after reconfiguring the wires on the back of the taillight (we could help walk you through this).

In the US vehicles are not required to have amber turn signals, so there is no dedicated circuit for the blinker on Jeep (it is stupid, I know). This is why we have to steal the turn signal circuit from the front. If not it would look like the hazards were on every time you hit the brakes.

I hope this makes sense, and just let us know if you have any other questions!
@Quake LED ..could you guys PM me? I purchased a bunch of your products and just waiting for the 1039's to get here... in the meantime I wanted to install these lights.... I saw you mentioned if you have a Euro JL its basically plug and play..... I have an US model, but.......I have a Tazer mini......Sooooo, is there a way that I could make this work without having to fish a bunch of wire and "trick" the system?, If not, I already have the Slim DRL Chop kit and do I still have to run as instructed?

BEEBOB

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL ECODIESEL Sport S
Occupation
Nuclear I&C
I have just gotten my blackout led taillights in. My jeep has the factory leds so do I need the power resistor or do I cut it out.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
I have just gotten my blackout led taillights in. My jeep has the factory leds so do I need the power resistor or do I cut it out.

I just finished speaking with @BEEBOB on the phone, but just in case anyone is wondering, our products are fully plug and play for Jeeps with both the halogen and LED package. No need to cut out the resistor, or make any modifications to our products for them to function as expected.

BEEBOB

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL ECODIESEL Sport S
Occupation
Nuclear I&C
And if your on the fence on these lights. They look to be top quality, wiring ran for adequate connections. The leds are bright and are diffused better than factory. Real pleased with how they look at night.
after I posted this question I called the number on the website and got connected with this tech as he was reply to my question. So tech support is awesome. Hard to find that these days.
Sponsored