First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Greetings and yes I've searched the forums and read about every thread about JK and JL lean. We discovered the front coils were wrong and the dealership corrected that (they pulled the Jeep from another location) and actually added a front adjustable track bar and rear relocation bracket.

So the issue is still about 1" lean on the passenger rear side. The front is now with 1/4" or better and the best I've got in the back is about 3/4" when the tank is low.

The question is rear spring clock positioning. Is it the same for both rear coils? I can reach my hand up into the passenger side top coil bucket and feel the rubber nipple protruding through the hole basically pointed to the passenger seat. On the driver's side, I think I can feel the very top of a nipple but it's not located in the same position as the passenger side and not protruding nearly as much. The coils are seated correctly at the top against the groove wall end but obviously, that means nothing if the driver's side is not positioned correctly. The position of the coils is NOT identical on the top or bottom in rational to each other. The driver's coil appears to be rotated about 30 degrees in comparison to the passenger.

HELP NEEDED: If someone has a picture of the bottom of each coil spring location, or at least the driver's side, I'll know if it's right or wrong.

I did order a 3/4" coil spacer for the right if it turns out the coils are correctly installed.

Double checked the part numbers (and colors, blues are on my passenger side), measured on a level surface, even reversed the jeep. This is a visibly noticeable lean :)
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Where'd you get a 3/4" spacer? I've been meaning to do this

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Did you end op getting this figured out and it sitting level?
Yes, I installed the spacer on the passenger side and now it sits level. I double checked the placement on the rear coils just to ensure they were in the correct clock position as well.

Sponsored

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6 eTorque
I thought I was going crazy for the past week. Every time I walked past my JLUW in the garage, I noticed the rear passenger side seemed to sit lower than the front passenger side. I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me so I grabbed a tape measure and measured from floor to bottom of wheel arch. Sure enough, the passenger rear is sitting about an inch lower than the passenger front. Checking the driver side, both are the same so it's just that right rear corner.

I'm going to have to jack it up one day and see if the coil is sitting on its perch properly. If not, I'll ask the dealer to compress the spring and rotate it until it's square.

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I thought I was going crazy for the past week. Every time I walked past my JLUW in the garage, I noticed the rear passenger side seemed to sit lower than the front passenger side. I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me so I grabbed a tape measure and measured from floor to bottom of wheel arch. Sure enough, the passenger rear is sitting about an inch lower than the passenger front. Checking the driver side, both are the same so it's just that right rear corner.

I'm going to have to jack it up one day and see if the coil is sitting on its perch properly. If not, I'll ask the dealer to compress the spring and rotate it until it's square.
There's not much spring height difference in the rear coils and you can take a flashlight and look up into the top of the coil to see if it's set correctly. Mine were correct, but that tilt was too much :) We just picked up another 2021 Rubicon (wife now has my 2020) and I'm installing the lift myself. I knew more about the lift kit than the dealership...so frustrating. Also ordered more spacers just in case I run into the same issue on this one.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I’ve installed everything according to the Mopar comic book instructions and my passenger rear sits about 1” higher than the driver rear. Quite noticeable lean. 🙁 On the front, it‘s vice versa - the driver side is 3/4“ higher than the passenger. I can’t believe Mopar would be selling something like this unintentionally. Can the lean be justified? If not, what‘s the best way to correct it?
Sponsored