Sponsored

Radio Shutting off, and Clock Resetting.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This has been happening more frequently than in the past. I will start the Jeep, and within a minute, the entire radio will shut down, and restart. I will notice that the radio clock and instrument clock will have reset itself to 12:00AM too.
I just love all these little gremlins FCA gave us. Is there a TSB on this subject? Are others having this issue?

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Wait until your clock starts changing the time and makes you 5 minutes late (on average) to all appointments. Which radio do you have?

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
This is actually a common issue. If you do a search on here, you will find others, including myself, that complain about it. I have an iPhone and the reboot seemed to happen when I streamed data through the USB. After a lot of phone calls, the dealership finally had to work with a programmer to fix it. Well kinda. About once or twice a month, the radio will reboot even without any cables plugged in. It has a major software issue.

FCA doesn't seem to have any desire to dig into it to find a permanent solution.

Sponsored

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
It's hilarious, I had an 1988 4-runner that had a little tiny digital clock in the dash and it held time far better than my 2019 Jeep.
I know! I was just telling my wife that building a clock in a car is nothing new and it shouldn't be difficult to have one that actually keeps time fairly accurately. Jeep should have just put a windup clock in there because we still have to mess with it almost as often.

Sponsored

BrianMurfy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
On my
This has been happening more frequently than in the past. I will start the Jeep, and within a minute, the entire radio will shut down, and restart. I will notice that the radio clock and instrument clock will have reset itself to 12:00AM too.
I just love all these little gremlins FCA gave us. Is there a TSB on this subject? Are others having this issue?

[/QUOTE

I am at the dealership now looking at a 3rd UConnect radio replacement. C'mon Jeep find a fix for this issue. Hear a pop, then radio resets (besides the losing of time, I came to live with that irritation)

Deleted member 43521

i have the time issue as well. I tried setting the clock ahead by 5 minutes. After a couple weeks it is now the actual time. I will just learn to live with it. I have the bottom end radio. not sure which model but the radio knobs are on the radio bezel. My wife’s 2020 jl has the entertainment package so hers doesnt have this issue.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
i have the time issue as well. I tried setting the clock ahead by 5 minutes. After a couple weeks it is now the actual time. I will just learn to live with it. I have the bottom end radio. not sure which model but the radio knobs are on the radio bezel. My wife’s 2020 jl has the entertainment package so hers doesnt have this issue.
Well, mine looses time too. Over the period of a few weeks, it will loose 2-3 minutes.
But, the main issue is that the radio will be playing, then shut off, on its own. When this happens, the time will be reset to 12:00.
Sponsored