Sponsored

Start-X Remote start

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
I have it on my Jeep. Works great. Installation was easy too. I use it almost every day.

OP
OP
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@kacper244 thanks! I was debating ordering it, good to hear it works.
Gregj

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Last edited:

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I have it too and it works great!

msandhu413

First Name
MS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
any way to install it without power locks/windows options. Standard key.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I’m happy with mine - Easy 20-min DIY install. I don’t use it all that often, but still working fine with no issues after almost a year.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I’m happy with mine - Easy 20-min DIY install. I don’t use it all that often, but still working fine with no issues after almost a year.
Are you very handy? I read that it is not really that easy to install. Any thing need to know? Thanks

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This is my worry. I only have an apple ipad. My regular PC is at my office. Do you need a laptop inside your Jeep to do this?
✅PROGRAMMING – Programming the remote starter module requires a windows computer with Internet Explorer. No other browser besides for Internet Explorer will work. Users, without computer technical know-how, will find the programming complicated.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
This is my worry. I only have an apple ipad. My regular PC is at my office. Do you need a laptop inside your Jeep to do this?
✅PROGRAMMING – Programming the remote starter module requires a windows computer with Internet Explorer. No other browser besides for Internet Explorer will work. Users, without computer technical know-how, will find the programming complicated.
The physical install is easy and the videos and forum write-ups out there are good and helpful. That programming aspect you quoted, if I recall, is getting it updated with current firmware and paired with your vehicle. I read that quote too and was a bit worried I’d mess something up. I followed Tazer’s instructions exactly and I don’t remember it being hard. I’m computer end-user competent but no coder or programmer by any means. When I first read the instructions, I thought they didn’t make sense intuitively and included some needless steps and so I thought I’d skip parts and do what made more sense to me. But then I decided against that and to follow their exact instructions instead and it worked out. (Don’t hold me to accuracy here because it’s been over a year, but it was something loosely around having it physically installed in the Jeep first and then removing it to update and then reinstalling versus my gut reaction of doing what felt commonsensical which is just updating it first before ever installing. But the added seemingly needless extra steps did matter and things worked fine when I followed them. Again, these are my vague recollections and I’m likely wrong on specifics.)

I don’t remember needing the PC IN my Jeep - just near it. So, you may want to do the install in the parking lot of your work because you’ll have to run back and forth a few times between the physical connection in the Jeep and then connecting it to your computer, their app, and WiFi.

Wow, that was long-winded!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
You need internet explorer and it will only work with internet explorer, so windows pc or laptop with windows.

DiggityDog

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLU Rubicon
I installed Start-X in my daughter's Jeep last week. The hardest part was downloading all the software to a PC and flashing the module. It took me an hour to do it. I almost gave up. I can't even describe what I did wrong, but I did get it to work. The physical install inside the Jeep was easy. It works great!

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Same here as said above. The physical install is quite simple. We have apple everything so I had to get a friend who has a Windows laptop to come over and help me with the programming. Programming it took us five or 10 minutes to figure out as it’s not very intuitive. But if you follow the directions to a T you can get it done.
Sponsored