Sponsored

JL Rubicon on Method Wheels...let's see em!

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
MR305 NV's & 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

fullsizeoutput_10d4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d5.jpeg

IMG_7898.JPG
What did you use to make the bike rack work? Can you lower the rack and open the back?
Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Been deep down this path running 2 bumpstops and 1 bumpstop flexing on a forklift and offroad with 2.5" lift, fender chop on 37s with a 17x8.5 with 4.7 backspacing and a 17x9 beadlock with 3.5 backspacing. Flexing with a forklift/ramp with your wheels straight isnt what I'm talking about. Your pic is simply showing droop with tires straight. Tires clear fine doing that. I'm talking about flexing your jeep with driver side front tire tucked up and then turning passenger or the same on the passenger side. It rubs the inner fender before you get to full lock with 37s. You'll definitely see it with 38s if you wheel it and flex it and turn a decent amount.

Way of life on youtube has excellent videos from last year where he tested clearances on 37s with kmc 17x8.5 wheels with 4.75 backspacing. He ended up adding a 1.75" wheel spacer to add clearance.

My results were the same as him. Another buddy of mine had the same spec wheels with 38s and also added a wheel spacer to push the wheels out for clearance. That's partly why Metalcloak and Rock Krawler recommend 4.5 backspacing or less with 37s and even less backspacing for bigger tires.

I didn't turn full lock wheelin obstacles in pics below and still rubbed the powder coat off my inner liners. Not a big deal...but I wish I had a little less backspacing than 4.75 running 37s.
Hacl7yb.jpg
WLp5lql.jpg

WSBuDtu.jpg
What front axle are you running? Gears and lockers?

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Method 305 NV 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 backspace on KM3 37x12.5x17

IMG_9142 2.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg
I’m looking to run 37s with a Mopar lift and these exact wheels. Any running at full flex? Can you still turn the wheels at full flex?

Sponsored

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking to run 37s with a Mopar lift and these exact wheels. Any running at full flex? Can you still turn the wheels at full flex?
I have no rubbing at full flex but I am running the MC upper bump stops which are about a half inch longer than stock and running two inch bumps stops on the bottom. I also did a little trimming of the stock fender liner.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have no rubbing at full flex but I am running the MC upper bump stops which are about a half inch longer than stock and running two inch bumps stops on the bottom. I also did a little trimming of the stock fender liner.
Those bumpstops on a Mopar lift?

Sponsored

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Love the wheels!!! What lift are you running? Any running issues?
The wheels were so worth the 8 week Backorder! The lift is a MC 3.5” game changer with the 6Paks. Also on 38s. It drives so well with the regear. Honestly this is what should be coming out of the factory. Now that my gears are broken in, I will go test it on some trails soon!

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
701s here as well on 37 KO2s and Teraflex St2. Haven’t had a chance to take them off road yet. Maybe next weekend!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon on Method Wheels...let's see em! 4CC7F426-31CE-4514-B6B9-AAD08EA6F760
Looks great, I am running the same color combo. This took me out of my comfort zone but I am glad I did it.
Sponsored