And the saga continues

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I recently had a crazy electrical mess with my Jeep. Started with a service shifter alert on dash and then tons of other lights. Sway bar disconnect. ABS lights. Lost my power steering. Wind shield wipers on without being turned on. Ultimately the dealer said it was a faulty power steering pump. They replaced pump and had me pick it up. The electrical issue seemed to go away. Since I received it back I have constant messages from the stop/start system. Mostly saying not ready - charging. It never did this prior to all these problems. Now I also have noticed that when I start it up in the morning and this is on a 43 degree day. If I let it idle in driveway for maybe 20 minutes. The coolant temp hits 230 degrees the fan comes on and it continues to have a coolant temp of 228-234 with the fan running fully and loudly entire time. Only way to get to go lower is to start to drive it. It also has a message that says stop start not ready engine temperature too high. The AC or heat is not on at this time. It’s just sitting running in driveway with outside temp of 48 degrees. Dealer says it’s normal. It has never done this ever in the two years I have owned it. Only since all the electrical issues happened. I do have active case with Jeep Cares. I don’t trust my Jeep anymore and am super frustrated.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
There's definitely something wrong, but unfortunately the only solution you can seek out is to have the dealer fix it under warranty. Stay on Jeep Cares and see if you can work with a different dealer. Sometimes it's worth driving a good distance to get a dealer that will listen to your concerns.

@JeepCares

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Have your dealer load test the Auto Stop/Start Battery. My Jeep will throw on the "Auto Stop/Start" not ready warning light any time it idles more than 10-12 minutes...

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
If they are not already, get JeepCares involved. For some reason the dealerships respond a little better when they know corporate is looking over their shoulders.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
What's the coolant level in the radiator ? Is the coolant expansion tank level correct ? If not, remove radiator cap when cold, before starting, see if coolant is low.

Sponsored

banditlink

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
What's the coolant level in the radiator ? Is the coolant expansion tank level correct ? If not, remove radiator cap when cold, before starting, see if coolant is low.
Will this cause the stop start warning to trigger?

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked the coolant expansion tank and it is completely empty. Does this mean there is a leak somewhere? Should I attempt to top it off - how do I know how much is in the radiator itself - I will admit somewhat clueless in this area always have dealer take care of it. Have appointment at shop on Friday but don't want to drive it when its that low.

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also noticed the cap coming off the overflow tank felt almost cross threaded - felt hard to get off - is that normal?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The cap turns hard, that's the way mine is. Since this has been dealer maintained, let them verify it's low, and explain why they didn't notice this. They "should" do a leak test, and correct the leak, under warranty.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 2018 JL the res tank cap was not tight and some coolant leaked out as you could see it around the top of the tank, dealer tech said cap needs to be tightened all the way down till it stops if not some can leak out over time

KDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
I recently had a crazy electrical mess with my Jeep. Started with a service shifter alert on dash and then tons of other lights. Sway bar disconnect. ABS lights. Lost my power steering. Wind shield wipers on without being turned on. Ultimately the dealer said it was a faulty power steering pump. They replaced pump and had me pick it up. The electrical issue seemed to go away. Since I received it back I have constant messages from the stop/start system. Mostly saying not ready - charging. It never did this prior to all these problems. Now I also have noticed that when I start it up in the morning and this is on a 43 degree day. If I let it idle in driveway for maybe 20 minutes. The coolant temp hits 230 degrees the fan comes on and it continues to have a coolant temp of 228-234 with the fan running fully and loudly entire time. Only way to get to go lower is to start to drive it. It also has a message that says stop start not ready engine temperature too high. The AC or heat is not on at this time. It’s just sitting running in driveway with outside temp of 48 degrees. Dealer says it’s normal. It has never done this ever in the two years I have owned it. Only since all the electrical issues happened. I do have active case with Jeep Cares. I don’t trust my Jeep anymore and am super frustrated.
See if you can find a dealership that also specializes in exorcisms.
Sponsored